JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh crap, I did not think about bathrooms. Can't just leave it on your belt with pants around your ankles if the stalls are not very private. My usually workaround is to unclip my holstered LC9s while standing and put it in my pocket before sitting down.

Late 50's ... like 1957 -58 I'm thinking...
'Course the first issue and prototypes of the AR10 and AR15 have a way different look than what is out there now.
Not just finish either ... stocks , sights , flash hiders etc...
Andy

Don't forget the charging lever that looked like an upside down trigger in the handle. :D

047691f44fbadff36826c31ddd37f682.jpg

Well first of all if someone comes with a AR15 that looks like that and says it's 150 year's old lol something is wrong what year did Stoner design the AR

I think that the idea of making your AR look like it was a hundred-year-old veteran piece is based on the Mad Max post apocalyptic scenario, rather than the present-day....

IOW, what a well-used piece would look like after sixty to a hundred years of heavy use.

tac

I know a guy down the street. He will help you get the patina that your looking for. supplies the AR, food, shelter the whole nine yards. In fact I think he will even pay you to do it.

Just google your local Army recruiter. ;):D

I don't (and won't) own any but I think some of them look kinda cool. If you like the looks, go for it. It doesn't offend me at all.

Guys who own them are probably aware that anyone who sees them and believes them authentic is either a little kid or someone who's never owned firearms.

I think most who do it do it because they like the looks, not because they think everyone will think they're hardened warriors.

I suppose I could be wrong.

I personally don't like those "battle worn" finishes, but I never judge on that. It's just personal preference. I would also not judge on people wearing the Abercrombie stuff. You gotta be in good shape to wear those to look good.

What someone does to their firearm is their choice. I could care less if its painted, stippled or battle worn.

Where the analogy makes sense is, people BUYING new "battle worn" looking firearms.. That to me is idiotic.

But personalization? No big deal. Here in the PNW it just means their firearms will gather rust much faster in worn steel areas. Id only (hypothetically) do the battle worn thing if I was in a dry climate.

So what your saying is if someone picks up an old rifle with some history and character to it the first thing they should do is spray it with some dura cote or Krylon just because they did not serve in the armed forces?

I do get a chuckle out of posers. I have seen them at the range with the black tactical vest shooting from the hip and driving off in their Miata.

BEWARE THE MIATA MAN!!! :cool:

Awhile back there was a fella on here , whose screen name started with "W" and rhymed with bird.
He came on strong and fast with his thoughts and opinions on various guns , cartridges and such.
His wording in his posts were of the type and style that if you didn't like his thinking , you were very obviously wrong.
Or at the very least dropped too many times on the head as a child....
He even torqued me off ... And that takes some doing. :eek::D
Andy

RE: HOW MANY ON YOUR IGNORE LIST?

Yep, Werd is one of those "souvenir" no longer with us folks! :D

Here's something to consider.... don't only PAINT them to make them look old.
RUGER  Dueler.jpg

How about a gun BUILT to look old;)

Introducing the RetroRuger RiP (revolving Pistol- with optional Crimson Trace ramrod)

( :) thanx guys...I'm trying GIMP)

seriously I bet y'all that buy a battleworn gun have
1. Never been in battle
2. Shop at Abercrombie and fitch
3 pay way to much for jeans with stains on them
4 play way to much call of duty as a kid

If you want a gun that looks old buy an old gun. I'd have more respect if your gun looked Gold plated.

Do us all a favor don't make your gun look used because you have a guilt complex for never using it the way it was intended to be used. Would you paint your hammer to look used? I hope not.

Happy faking it Friday. On that note just because your beard is red doesn't make you Irish. Posers .
A&F used to have a fantastic gun room on the second floor of their Chicago store that was very impressive back in the 60's. Every thing from big game guns for Africa to Peacemakers used in famous movies.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top