JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just got back into shooting last August after a 30 year break- all of my rifles and gear are new, save for an old Ruger P95 I inherited from my Pops (even that was in new condition). I make NO APOLOGIES for that- it is what it is. I get a few smiles and comments from the range snobs with their $3k rifles and $1k spotting scopes, but when my gear gets scratched, I only darken the shiny spots with a Sharpie or touch-up paint to keep them dull and reflecting light. At some point all of my rifles will get better scopes, red dots, triggers, etc.- I enjoy shooting them when I can, and just let whomever talk out of their asses while I work on my marksmanship skills.

Geno

IMG_0193.jpg
Well worn gun, used maybe in battle who knows. Not what I was talking about.

IMG_0186.PNG IMG_0192.jpg Battleworn/distressed, cerakcote/paint job. What the post is about

Having fake "patina" put on your gun is like cutting "designer" rips in jeans...
...like thinking that if you wear glasses with a mustache attached it'll make you look more "mature".:rolleyes:

To each their own. Personally, I could care less how someone's gun looks as long as it makes you happy. Obviously some guns don't make the OP very happy. If I want a gun, i'll buy it and if I don't wan't a gun, I won't buy it - simple as that.

seriously I bet y'all that buy a battleworn gun have
1. Never been in battle
2. Shop at Abercrombie and fitch
3 pay way to much for jeans with stains on them
4 play way to much call of duty as a kid

If you want a gun that looks old buy an old gun. I'd have more respect if your gun looked Gold plated.

Do us all a favor don't make your gun look used because you have a guilt complex for never using it the way it was intended to be used. Would you paint your hammer to look used? I hope not.

Happy faking it Friday. On that note just because your beard is red doesn't make you Irish. Posers .

Word. (I hope some of you get this)

I just got back into shooting last August after a 30 year break- all of my rifles and gear are new, save for an old Ruger P95 I inherited from my Pops (even that was in new condition). I make NO APOLOGIES for that- it is what it is. I get a few smiles and comments from the range snobs with their $3k rifles and $1k spotting scopes, but when my gear gets scratched, I only darken the shiny spots with a Sharpie or touch-up paint to keep them dull and reflecting light. At some point all of my rifles will get better scopes, red dots, triggers, etc.- I enjoy shooting them when I can, and just let whomever talk out of their asses while I work on my marksmanship skills.

Geno
Nobody has ever noticed the sharpie touchup on my guns. Is it bad that I had to use the plural? :)

seriously I bet y'all that buy a battleworn gun have
1. Never been in battle
2. Shop at Abercrombie and fitch
3 pay way to much for jeans with stains on them
4 play way to much call of duty as a kid

If you want a gun that looks old buy an old gun. I'd have more respect if your gun looked Gold plated.

Do us all a favor don't make your gun look used because you have a guilt complex for never using it the way it was intended to be used. Would you paint your hammer to look used? I hope not.

Happy faking it Friday. On that note just because your beard is red doesn't make you Irish. Posers .

Somebody has a couple of issues.:rolleyes:

Awhile back there was a fella on here , whose screen name started with "W" and rhymed with bird.
He came on strong and fast with his thoughts and opinions on various guns , cartridges and such.
His wording in his posts were of the type and style that if you didn't like his thinking , you were very obviously wrong.
Or at the very least dropped too many times on the head as a child....
He even torqued me off ... And that takes some doing. :eek::D
Andy
Oh, please fill me in wise one

Then again, there's also the matter of old worn parts on a new gun... for example, the M5 RAS I have set aside for an M16A4 replica I'm planning has definitely seen some action, but given my intent of "Last A4's in service before the All-M4 Transition" I'd venture that's different than "Artificially Distressed."

Though this does open up a can of worms for replica builders... fake black boxes, given that real PEQ-2-type gadgets are LE/Mil restricted and generally no use to us civilians... stick on an airsoft battery-box version for looks, possibly modified as an "extended battery pack" for the optic, or leave it off and save the weight despite the "something missing" factor?

Awhile back there was a fella on here , whose screen name started with "W" and rhymed with bird.
He came on strong and fast with his thoughts and opinions on various guns , cartridges and such.
His wording in his posts were of the type and style that if you didn't like his thinking , you were very obviously wrong.
Or at the very least dropped too many times on the head as a child....
He even torqued me off ... And that takes some doing. :eek::D
Andy

Man, I forgot about that dude. First class tool to be sure. Forum members sure got on him quick and shut him down though.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top