JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Battleworm..

th?id=OIP.iseNbAJYqIS1vlXkhM7czAEsDu&w=223&h=177&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&dpr=1.5&pid=1.7.jpg

Then again, there's also the matter of old worn parts on a new gun... for example, the M5 RAS I have set aside for an M16A4 replica I'm planning has definitely seen some action, but given my intent of "Last A4's in service before the All-M4 Transition" I'd venture that's different than "Artificially Distressed."

Though this does open up a can of worms for replica builders... fake black boxes, given that real PEQ-2-type gadgets are LE/Mil restricted and generally no use to us civilians... stick on an airsoft battery-box version for looks, possibly modified as an "extended battery pack" for the optic, or leave it off and save the weight despite the "something missing" factor?
I think if you're rebuilding an old gun and can't source some of the parts it's fine to fabricate one or install a replica. People do it with cars all the time.

Last Edited:
DSC06041.jpg
One does indeed need to be careful and do your homework when looking at "old" guns.

The Dragoon pictured is a Colt 2nd generation from the 1970's.
Unless you look at the serial numbers or "safety pins" on the cylinder , it can be hard to tell apart from the original models.

The pistol at the bottom is one I made from spare parts and lightly aged ... many , many folks have had a tough time believing its only about 7 years old.
Andy

Last Edited:
A one point @mywifehatesguns was claiming to do a brisk and lucrative business reclaiming and selling fence boards on Craig's list. You might try to contact him albeit he hasn't been on NFWA in a long time.
Likely, she who must be obeyed caught him with his fingers in the gun box.:eek:

seriously I bet y'all that buy a battleworn gun have
1. Never been in battle
2. Shop at Abercrombie and fitch
3 pay way to much for jeans with stains on them
4 play way to much call of duty as a kid

If you want a gun that looks old buy an old gun. I'd have more respect if your gun looked Gold plated.

Do us all a favor don't make your gun look used because you have a guilt complex for never using it the way it was intended to be used. Would you paint your hammer to look used? I hope not.

Happy faking it Friday. On that note just because your beard is red doesn't make you Irish. Posers .
Hey Red - I found you some targets. Print'em off and have a blast.

You're welcome.

IMG_0413.JPG

IMG_0414.JPG

IMG_0412.JPG

IMG_0411.JPG

Late 50's ... like 1957 -58 I'm thinking...
'Course the first issue and prototypes of the AR10 and AR15 have a way different look than what is out there now.
Not just finish either ... stocks , sights , flash hiders etc...
Andy
Well first of all if someone comes with a AR15 that looks like that and says it's 150 year's old lol something is wrong what year did Stoner design the AR

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top