JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Heres one for ya Red, a brand new $5000 Strat from the custom shop:p:p:p

shopping_zpsbqrdwnrj.jpg

seriously I bet y'all that buy a battleworn gun have
1. Never been in battle
2. Shop at Abercrombie and fitch
3 pay way to much for jeans with stains on them
4 play way to much call of duty as a kid

If you want a gun that looks old buy an old gun. I'd have more respect if your gun looked Gold plated.

Do us all a favor don't make your gun look used because you have a guilt complex for never using it the way it was intended to be used. Would you paint your hammer to look used? I hope not.

Happy faking it Friday. On that note just because your beard is red doesn't make you Irish. Posers .

I used to wear Abercrombie when I was stationed in San Diego. I worked with SEALs and Force Recon that many wore Abercrombie. I see battleworn coatings as a art form that has a function to protect the gun and possibly provide some camo effect. I don't participate in this, but I'm not in the habit of telling people what they can and can't do unless it effects me in a negative way. So I really can't see what you are harping about. You can state that you don't like it, and why, but insulting people who do something by comparing their fashion choices with a negative connotation because you believe it's ridiculous is not the way to win hearts and minds to your perspectives. Try again.

Last Edited:
That's funny.
I once made a rifle for a fella who wanted a "antique" finish.
Made said rifle ... he was very happy.
He took the rifle to a rendezvous and the rifle ended up with a dent in the stock and scratch on the barrel.
He really wanted me to refinish the rifle to remove the dent and scratch...:confused:

I understand that a new "worn , antique " finish is a bit different than a dent , scratch or actual wear from use ... just thought it was funny he wanted me to fix a new dent and scratch on his rifle that came that way new ...:cool:
Andy

Last Edited:
seriously I bet y'all that buy a battleworn gun have
1. Never been in battle
2. Shop at Abercrombie and fitch
3 pay way to much for jeans with stains on them
4 play way to much call of duty as a kid

If you want a gun that looks old buy an old gun. I'd have more respect if your gun looked Gold plated.

Do us all a favor don't make your gun look used because you have a guilt complex for never using it the way it was intended to be used. Would you paint your hammer to look used? I hope not.

Happy faking it Friday. On that note just because your beard is red doesn't make you Irish. Posers .
NO ......IT MEANS ITS THAT TIME OF THE MONTH.....DUH

I used to wear Abercrombie when I was stationed in San Diego. I worked with SEALs and Force Recon that many wore Abercrombie. I see battleworn coatings as a art form that has a function to protect the gun and possibly provide some camo effect. I don't participate in this, but I'm not in the habit of telling people what they can and can't do unless it effects me in a negative way. So I really can't see what you are harping about. You can state that you don't like it, and why, but insulting people who do something by comparing their fashion choices with a negative connotation because you believe it's ridiculous is not the way to win hearts and minds to your perspectives. Try again.

Atta boy. This "purist" probably the most battleworn plastic handguard you've ever seen.

Heres one for ya Red, a brand new $5000 Strat from the custom shop:p:p:p

View attachment 351254

Just to give a little bit more info on that strat.... With the price tag of $5,000, this guitar could possibly be one of those "Master Builder Series". With this product line, the luthier who made the each guitar is documented and certified. It's like a designer level.

The worn out look is called "relic". These are all artificially done, but it requires an extremely high level of craftsmanship and experience. Debate on legitimacy on this relic process never ends, but its steady market growth proves that people love it so much and they are willing to pay a high premium for it. If you ever thought this guitar looked cool, please understand that people can also have the same feeling you have on firearms as well...

Just to give a little bit more info on that strat.... With the price tag of $5,000, this guitar could possibly be one of those "Master Builder Series". With this product line, the luthier who made the each guitar is documented and certified. It's like a designer level.

The worn out look is called "relic". These are all artificially done, but it requires an extremely high level of craftsmanship and experience. Debate on legitimacy on this relic process never ends, but its steady market growth proves that people love it so much and they are willing to pay a high premium for it. If you ever thought this guitar looked cool, please understand that people can also have the same feeling you have on firearms as well...
Seems to me if you're going to buy that particular guitar, if you can't play it like you mean it, it should probably stay on your wall.

I don't care about or judge their taste. The only thing that irks me is attitude.

300165-0af2a80caa86eccaa66a4be688b1b80d.jpg

Now THAT'S funny! I have a friend who is deep end steam punk. I'll have to email this image to her. If only the shooter was wearing a stovepipe hat with an embedded time piece.

I'm just the opposite.
I like everything new and pretty.
Try to keep the scratches and signs of wear away. Do a pretty good job aside from the carry gun showing holster wear and a couple little dings here or there on others.
That said if crap happens, I'll use, get dirty, scratch, scrape, and anything else that'll help stop the bad guy.
But until then, I like everything in as close to pristine condition as possible so I know it's ready for war.
Slightly rabbit trailing from the original topic, but it's close. :)

Seems to me if you're going to buy that particular guitar, if you can't play it like you mean it, it should probably stay on your wall.

I have seen few buying them for a display reason, but most of the people who I personally met play them like they mean it pretty well. I can see them being quite careful at handling their instruments to prevent damages though, and some silly pants make fun of that as well - it just never ends.

I would not kick a new "Battleworn" AR out of bed for eating crackers. I would look for the internal beauty. Bolt, BCG, Barrel, Trigger... If those are good then I would be happy. Function over finish and "Battleworn" and "MuddyGirl" and "Kryptek" "Mossy Oak" or whatever are just finishes.
On guitars, I have a Couple cheap JC Penny guitars that I treat like Gold and a low end Alvarez that I treat like Platinum.

I don't post much anymore, hell I never really did. But after wasting my time reading some of a thread that makes no sense and is pointless I must say....

1. Who flipping cares
2. If you weren't on Facebook all day you wouldn't know battleworn was a thing, first I have heard of it and I still don't care.
3. If all we did was tease morons it would be pretty boring round here. People like different things in firearms, cars, ladies. Big deal.
4. If your bored go do something like clean your Glock.

Mic drop

I don't post much anymore, hell I never really did. But after wasting my time reading some of a thread that makes no sense and is pointless I must say....

1. Who flipping cares
2. If you weren't on Facebook all day you wouldn't know battleworn was a thing, first I have heard of it and I still don't care.
3. If all we did was tease morons it would be pretty boring round here. People like different things in firearms, cars, ladies. Big deal.
4. If your bored go do something like clean your Glock.

Mic drop
Man doesn't live on selling 174 guns alone. o snap.
mic drop
lol

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews