JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Doesn't that Load out weigh you down a bit??? I mean I think just a 1911, plus to Magazines, and a back up piece is enoughg, Dude I would be uncomfortable carrying Half of those seven guns!!!

Lets see, a Double shoulder holster, a cross carry, one small of your back, and one FBI Cant holster, nope, I think your problem of uncomfortable is all the Weight!!!!

philip

:s0022:
let me find that video I took when I was younger ...

Define "Red Zone;"

Any Wal Mart:rolleyes:o_O:confused:

20+ years ago I got my CCW just to be able to put my gun(s) under my seat when I went out shooting, then stopped at the store.

Now, as LIFE has changed, I carry 90% of the time (working on 100%, but haven't found that "right" holster yet....and I am not going to buy 10 holsters @$75-$125 each to find the right one).............

Initially, I felt kinda awkward & stoopid carrying.o_O
Now I feel kinda awkward & stoopid when I don't carry.:D

I feel even stoopider for spelling stupid the way I do:rolleyes:o_O:confused::D

There's no such thing as a "red zone".. evil happens everywhere and all the time. The only way to be prepared for it is to be prepared for it all the time.
I'd daresay were you to carry more than occasionally.. meaning all the time, in short order you'd be more comfortable and at ease carrying your gun.
Good luck.
Yes, that's exactly right. If I'd carry all the time, that would change things. The main reason I don't is that I go to my children's elementary school twice a day. Oftentimes I will enter the school building. Unholstering the gun in the parking lot and putting it into the glove box before entering the school is only a "disaster" waiting to happen... If Elizabeth Scott's bill makes it through that might change, until then it is what it is.

Disagree on red zones though. There are areas in town and times of day that make unpleasant encounters more likely ...

Boogerhook: "Awkward" and "...hiding something..." is exactly how the Bloomboogers would like you to feel. Every time you carry your gun, just think: "I'm exercising my Second Amendment rights, regardless of the fact that I am required to get a license to do so."

YUnholstering the gun in the parking lot and putting it into the glove box before entering the school is only a "disaster" waiting to happen....

Is there a law against wearing a empty holster on school grounds?:confused:

I didn't think so.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Carrying sometimes---most of the time----demands you think ahead.

ie; I don't carry when I go to the Post Office.

I DO carry when I go to the county park

I don't carry when I go to my doctor.

I DO carry when I go to Wal Mart.

Etc............:D:D:D

And also, if you only carry in these imaginary "red zones", of course you'll be apprehensive. I'd imagine Superman carrying a bible would be also.
You have to have confidence while you're at ease before you can hope to have confidence under stress.
Further, especially since you're a new guy, forget about that "rotation" business (you'll get dizzy). Choose one or two guns and carry that/those exclusively.. not the seven you now occasionally carry. Carrying a different/given gun 7 times a year (seven different guns once a week) is inferior, when it comes to confidence and sureness of handling, than carrying the same gun 48 times a year, in my opinion.
I should clarify, I don't rotate much, maybe between 2 depending on whether I want comfy or energy. I do rotate when I go to the range to shoot different guns. Finding the right gun is kind of an evolution... and your requirements may change over time.

B Every time you carry your gun, just think: "I'm exercising my Second Amendment rights, "

I think "I'm exercising my right to feel safe---safER--- in this insane world by carrying a weapon that will level the playing field with most anyone who may wish to cause me or someone I care about, harm."

Since they don't lock up wacked out people any longer, I run into one or more EVERY DAY!

And Meth!.................makes a normal, nice person............insane!..........and it's EVERYWHERE!

Is there a law against wearing a empty holster on school grounds?:confused:

I didn't think so.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Pickup time at school is busy. The act of moving can easily be seen by someone peeking in your car. While not illegal, it would certainly raise a red flag amongst some people. In other words, you have to plan for it earlier. You get my drift, if it becomes cumbersome there is a good chance you avoid the whole thing, especially if it happens twice a day....

Awkward seems to be the key word for me, I have felt awkward but never when carrying a gun. I feel comfortable carrying because it's a sense of security. That security let's me do the things in life I want to do without fear. Doesn't matter what gun or caliber I carry, it's about living while secure in my person.

Awkward seems to be the key word for me, I have felt awkward but never when carrying a gun. I feel comfortable carrying because it's a sense of security. That security let's me do the things in life I want to do without fear. Doesn't matter what gun or caliber I carry, it's about living while secure in my person.
Now that you say it, I agree. I don't feel awkward while carrying, just when putting it on ;-)

Carry all the time and you will loose that weird feeling pretty fast. I give my gun no more thought in the morning then I do my keys or pocket knife.

It comforts me to know that others carry the knife and gun. My in laws think I am nuts. My Kershaw and gun are like my keys as well. I pat my pockets before I walk out the door...Wallet, check, keys, check, knife, check, gun and out the door.

I cannot say I never felt awkward. For sure I did when I started to carry. Always worried my shirt would come up or the gun would come out. All that goes away in time and with just starting to trust your gear will hold up. These days I am fine carrying a little NAA 22mag revolver. Tiny thing in my pocket but it is a lot better than trying to hide any of my other guns in my pocket when I have to wear dress clothes. Get the folding grip and grab and go. No worries and even if it is slightly seen it looks like a multi tool folded up. I have practiced enough to be accurate enough at 20 feet or so with the little thing.

I cannot say I never felt awkward. For sure I did when I started to carry. Always worried my shirt would come up or the gun would come out. All that goes away in time and with just starting to trust your gear will hold up. These days I am fine carrying a little NAA 22mag revolver. Tiny thing in my pocket but it is a lot better than trying to hide any of my other guns in my pocket when I have to wear dress clothes. Get the folding grip and grab and go. No worries and even if it is slightly seen it looks like a multi tool folded up. I have practiced enough to be accurate enough at 20 feet or so with the little thing.

I tend to carry by what I see as the threat level for the area I go to. Long distance I will dress to carry a high cap nine with enough ammo should I have to walk home. Walk the dog I am perfectly comfortable carrying a 25 that I can keep all the rounds in a pie plate at 20 feet. It's about what I feel comfortable carrying.

I tend to carry by what I see as the threat level for the area I go to. Long distance I will dress to carry a high cap nine with enough ammo should I have to walk home. Walk the dog I am perfectly comfortable carrying a 25 that I can keep all the rounds in a pie plate at 20 feet. It's about what I feel comfortable carrying.

Yep I love my little Beretta Tomcat. I am pretty good with it and it is small but heavy enough to let me shoot pretty rapidly if need be. The 22mag is not ideal but it is much better than not carrying or worrying I am printing sitting in a meeting with a mix of pro gun and anti gunners. Never know who is really who there. Pretty sure they do not know who they are either most of the time.

Whew, it's all been said, Yep to certaindeaf.
Always carry my G27 IWB Crossbreed, w 7 rounds
Pocket knife, 1 extra mag w 7 rounds

Not hyper vigilant, Situational awareness. Like driving a car.
Freeway, look way out there.
Highway, streets: watch for leaping deers and such.
In a crowd, watch eyes and movement.
In a restaurant, back to a wall, watch approaches.
Situational awareness doesn't need to be exhausting or paranoid.
Make it a habit. Make a Plan, or three.
1st Plan fade, withdraw. retreat, beat feet.
2nd Plan distract, disarm.
Last Plan lethal put-down.

Why 7 rounds?
Because 40 years 1911. Habit.
Breathe
Relax
Aim
Stop
Squeeze
Sight alignment, sight picture, muscle memory, take the shot.
It all can be done in a heartbeat.

Whew, it's all been said, Yep to certaindeaf.
Always carry my G27 IWB Crossbreed, w 7 rounds
Pocket knife, 1 extra mag w 7 rounds

Not hyper vigilant, Situational awareness. Like driving a car.
Freeway, look way out there.
Highway, streets: watch for leaping deers and such.
In a crowd, watch eyes and movement.
In a restaurant, back to a wall, watch approaches.
Situational awareness doesn't need to be exhausting or paranoid.
Make it a habit. Make a Plan, or three.
1st Plan fade, withdraw. retreat, beat feet.
2nd Plan distract, disarm.
Last Plan lethal put-down.

Why 7 rounds?
Because 40 years 1911. Habit.
Breathe
Relax
Aim
Stop
Squeeze
Sight alignment, sight picture, muscle memory, take the shot.
It all can be done in a heartbeat.
Why not top off the mag?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews