JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
005591F2-DC21-44A3-BC3E-86F9E75F1799.jpeg

My kids saw an unfamiliar car stop and put this tape marking on the post under our mailbox. I don't know what it's about. Has anyone else seen it or know what it might mean?

My wife recently ordered a limited newspaper subscription and we're wondering if might by a carrier's mark. Or else we may be targeted by robbers?

My wife did message the newspaper to check from that angle. But for the moment, eyes open, head on a swivel...

Spy tradecraft...shows when a message is in a "drop"....:eek::D

just kidding...Seems like a weird marking...I don't have a clue.
I would guess it is as you said a marking so the carrier knows to deliver the newspaper
Andy

I would guess it is as you said a marking so the carrier knows to deliver the newspaper
Andy

That's my assumption, but never assume. A little research done and similar tape marks are placed on door jam by burglars sometimes. If it's gone they know someone has opened the door and are home; if it's undisturbed for a couple of days it's a safe bet nobody is home.

That's my assumption, but never assume. A little research done and similar tape marks are placed on door jam by burglars sometimes. If it's gone they know someone has opened the door and are home; if it's undisturbed for a couple of days it's a safe bet nobody is home.

Totally agree on assuming the worst...then when that doesn't happen....you can get on with more practical things....:D
Andy

It was USPS telling you to re-paint the post?

If you can stomach it, plaster the box with Bernie 2020 stickers. Nothing bad will ever happen to it or your home.

I come here with a sincere request for assistance and what do I get? Poo and abuse. I've got Mrs. USMC-03 for that...

Geeesh, what do I pay you guys for anyway. I demand a refund!

I would think that the green tape means you get XYZ Newspaper and the yellow tape means only the Sunday edition or whatever your "limited subscription" is.
You could just pull the tape off and see if you get a paper...
.... or stick it on the neighbor's mailbox?;)

When we used to get the Local Daily Rag, the paper delivery guy put a round blue sticker on our mailbox...he never missed a delivery (or a puddle/snowdrift)

Last Edited:
I come here with a sincere request for assistance and what do I get? Poo and abuse. I've got Mrs. USMC-03 for that...

Geeesh, what do I pay you guys for anyway. I demand a refund!
Sorry about that. I had a burst of smart @$$iness for a moment there. Still, call the newspaper and this is probably cleared up.

As long as you didn't see Floyd Prozanski, Ginny Burdick or Kate Brown behind the wheel, you can probably assume it's a coded marker for your fishwrap delivery person. Maybe, the circulation department can tell you what's up, unless different carriers have their own systems.

Last Edited:
Your children get an A+ for situational awareness.

Probably the paperboy marking his territory.

Here are some examples of supposed burglar cipher, good news is, it does not look like any of these: burglar-symbols-276943.jpg d97c8a4320ab2b34eff952ec08848042--symbols-charts.jpg

Smart a$$iness? You' been hanging around me to long...

My wife did message the paper, we'll see if the representative provides any worthwhile information.
The long-term steroids I'm on do not help - but in 31 years on the job, I got into trouble once for what I did and daily for what I said...

Tweekers, at least in WA, scope out their targets ahead of time, but IME do not mark them, as that lets potential witnesses see them and put them at the scene. They're too paranoid for that. Don't ask me how I know.

BTW, still looking for Taurus model 66 .357, ser. # 65447....

Kudos to your kids for their awareness.
I hope it's just paper carrier, and we don't read about you in the Sn'Oregonian first. But, if we do and the DA presses charges, well raise cash for your defense fund. :eek:
Then it would be YOU costing US for QUALITY entertainment. :D

What do you want for free? Quality?
Perhaps a rubber biscuit will stop the complainin' ?
220px-BluesBrothers.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads