JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
if its an adult, i just answer my door with a 45. if its a kid tryin to sell me somethin, i atleast give'm a chance.

kids these days are wimps. i figure if i give them a minute or two of my time, that can help build up their confidence for later in life.
I'm always a sucker when it comes to kids selling stuff .I buy candy bars cookies.
Magazine subscriptions lol
All that fund raising stuff

What ever I get candy bars and cookies delivered to my front door .lol if they could talk the school's into letting them sell ammo they would have it made.

Yes, it was put there by your newspaper.
I am a UPS driver who is used to looking at mailboxes for addresses. I have seen paper delivery people putting colored reflective stickers on mailbox posts to indicate the delivery status of that particular address. They do this because they deliver early in the AM when it is still dark. So they use reflective tape that will be visible in a cars headlights.

Something you may wish to consider when putting up signs like this is the effect it may have on delivery people (UPS, FedEx etc.) who may be delivering to your address after dark in the winter, especially in a rural area.
The signs dont bother me personally because I have been on my route for 20+ years and I know my customers. And I am a gun owner.
But the signs can be very intimidating to a substitute driver after dark, especially the ones promising death to trespassers, or that have bullet holes or other threatening images on them. Even more so if that driver is a member of a racial minority group.
I know of drivers who will refuse to go past such signs and will leave deliveries at the gate rather than go all the way to the house. And I cant say that I blame them.
The signs also serve as a notice to burglars that there are guns to be stolen on the premises.

The experts say, they look at NRA stickers on cars and homes as great targets to steal firearms.
The idea is to look like you don't have allot of anything. If you are not home allot make sure your home looks like you are.
Gun owners are targeted at times specifically for the firearms themselves, and they scope these forums and gun shows, even follow people home from a show, using GPS tags.
Not knowing you, have you changed some activity ? Upgrades home, bought new car, changed schedule when home.It may be nothing, but gees 30 years ago when I lived in gang territory there was different marking. But never saw anyone do that in broad daylight which makes me think this may be ok, having kids there and them marking made me gringe a tad.
Sad in this day of age we have to first think whats wrong..... I hope you and everyone is safe.

I avoid placing socio-political identifiers on my home and vehicles. Violent imagery not only says "gun here to steal" but is probably pure gold to the persecuting shyster should you have to defend yourself. Also serves to invite vandalism and not part of the gray man plan. In addition, why alert malefactors to their peril before action is necessary? If you're going to have to shoot it's better if they don't start dodging before you start shooting. :D

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top