JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Are you going to open carry on the 19th?

• Total voters
I thought it was sugested we leave the firearms and Camos at home. They said they did not want us to look like the people they make us out to be.
I think it will be real easy to send the wrong message here and drfeat the purpose. All it will take is one nut job or a group of Nuts to really screw things up. I am going to protect my nd amendant rights and show the i am not some gun crazy nut Job.

I thought it was sugested we leave the firearms and Camos at home. They said they did not want us to look like the people they make us out to be.
I think it will be real easy to send the wrong message here and drfeat the purpose. All it will take is one nut job or a group of Nuts to really screw things up. I am going to protect my nd amendant rights and show the i am not some gun crazy nut Job.

I don't know who "they" are, but I will be wearing my normal going to town clothes, and like every time I go to town, I will be armed, openly. If my leather jack partly covers it because it is cold...so be it, if it is too warm to wear a jacket, my carry will still be the same carry, in the same place on my hip, in the same holster.

Then one or both of the following. 1: You don't hunt and/or 2: you do not own a rifle.

I also will not be carrying a rifle (I do hunt, and I do own one (or 2 or)) but I will be open Carrying my pistol.

I do own a rifle, but I do not hunt. What I meant by "I have never opened carried a riffle and I never will" was that I will never open carry a rifle around town as I do not feel it is necessary, however I do not care if some one else opens carries a riffle as long as they are not a felon or mentally ill.

I will be open carrying my big old Ruger GP100 on the 19th.

I'll be the nut job in a shirt and tie with an Arsenal sgl21 over my shoulder. Look for the guy surrounded by a bunch a cute kids and a women hanging on his arm. Whatever you do keep your distance, I can throw a smile over 50 yards.

I'll be there, and I will be CC as I always do. Just like anywhere else--No one needs to know if one has a gun or not. I simply want a bunch of law abiding citizens to show up on Jan. 19, and Feb 8 to show support for the 2nd amendment. It is not about 'Assult Rifles and large mags'. It is about our freedoms to speak our minds, continue to own what guns we want without big government sticking their noses in our business any furthur. While there, we need to be on the look-out for 'Plants' that the other side has put in to cause trouble and distance ourselves and expose them for what they are. Hope to see many, many of you there.

I'll be there, and I will be CC as I always do. Just like anywhere else--No one needs to know if one has a gun or not. I simply want a bunch of law abiding citizens to show up on Jan. 19, and Feb 8 to show support for the 2nd amendment. It is not about 'Assult Rifles and large mags'. It is about our freedoms to speak our minds, continue to own what guns we want without big government sticking their noses in our business any furthur. While there, we need to be on the look-out for 'Plants' that the other side has put in to cause trouble and distance ourselves and expose them for what they are. Hope to see many, many of you there.

well put thanks:cool:

Ya, Ok...I found out about the protest on OCDO...and while those guys discourage rifle carry, they do encourage open carry.[/QUOTE
I must have missed that part. I quess you can twist the words to read what you want them to say. This is what was wrote-I am assuming that we are coming together to show support for the inherent rights that are referred to in the second amendment and not to show off hardware

what time is this all going down, and isnt OC illegal in salem?
ill be CC like i do 24/7 any how

OC is legal everywhere you can CC with a CHL in OR. UNLICENSED OC is legal everywhere in OR except in public buildings and cities that have taken advantage of ORS 166.173. Salem is one of those cities.

Loaded UNLICENSED OC is not legal in Salem, Licensed OC is. UNLICENSED CC is always illegal in OR unless you meet one of the exemptions in ORS 166.260. CC is OK with a CHL. Got it?

I have NO problem with the open carry of a side arm for personal protection, even at this event. I dont have a problem with AR15s and AK 47s hanging on a shoulder, however with the amount of armed citizens that will be there I seriously doubt you will need them for personal protection. And if you are a doing it to prove a point..... you simply are not that bright.
So If you bring your "Black Rifles" and they ban them you should step back, look in the mirror and say "self..... though we made a point we hurt our cause and now look at where we are."
If you dont need it at the capitol for defense or offense then you no better than these kids with these coffee can exhuast pipes that scream LOOK AT ME!!!!! LOOK AT ME!!!!!!
Your point is absurd, OF COURSE no one NEEDS to have a firearm with them but it's their right to do so.
Honestly,.just like a gun show, it'll be the safest place in Salem that day.
To say those wanting to exercise their constitutional rights aren't that bright, perhaps try NOT letting the media and politicians fool you into thinking that firearms are evil and you should be ashamed if you dare exercise your rights.

I'll be OCing, but I'll be following the ridiculously unconstitutional city ordinance and my firearm will be unloaded. I also plan to leave my ID..etc in my truck because I plan on breaking no laws thus I need not my "papers".

All OCers and CCers have to do is: show up, be polite and respectful but have a strong voice and opinion to support the cause and follow the law.

This great divide we have where a lot of you secret shame, paranoid or liberal gun owners who don't support even your own 2A rights including and exercising your OC rights is just as detrimental as those trying to tear down our 2A rights to begin with.

Your mentalities let them box us into this neutered and restricted firearm laws/ordinances and poor public image. I for one won't let an anti gun grabber tell me what is andisn't acceptable nor socially tasteful. Because they'll never be on our side, why appease their hoplophobia.

Wow maybe i will stay home. i need not need to put in with a bunch of Gun Nuts saying look how big my rifle is come try to take it.
This is suppose to be a peaceful protest to show or right to bar Arms. The Nuts from both sides will be there.

opinionsQUOTE=RICKRWS;767681]Wow maybe i will stay home. i need not need to put in with a bunch of Gun Nuts saying look how big my rifle is come try to take it.
This is suppose to be a peaceful protest to show or right to bar Arms. The Nuts from both sides will be there.[/QUOTE]
No one is comparing firearm size, but thereis a clear divide between pro OCers and Secret Shame firearm owners. Thats the point being stressed on this thread. Honestly there are many opinions on the matter, but we're allattending for a common cause. Pro OCers just don't want to be ostracized simply because of their choice of personal carry method. If you were honestly on the fence that much about it, perhaps you should stay home there will be a variety of opinions that day.. And please refrain from calling us that pseudo derogatory leftist term "gun nut", perhaps patriots would be a better.

Wow maybe i will stay home. i need not need to put in with a bunch of Gun Nuts saying look how big my rifle is come try to take it.
This is suppose to be a peaceful protest to show or right to bar Arms. The Nuts from both sides will be there.

I have open carried a pistol since I found out unlicensed OC was legal in 1970 (and when I was naturalized as a US citizen). That will be 43 years this July. I have never been told guns were bad, even in my home country, which severly restrict ownership.

I have never, even at home, compared the size of my gun to anyone's...or have I ever even taken my carry out of it's holster when I was just out and about.

I am amazed how much of the Brady's GARBAGE propaganda is swollowed by gun owners. You guys are worse than the gays were in the 50's and 60's.

You guys are worse than the gays were in the 50's and 60's. This statement is way out of line and I am offended by being compared to Gays.

Well, what you you say "oh, hide the evil gun, you might scare someone and well have our "privilages" taken away....

Or "hide your devient sexuality, you might get harassed and they might pass more laws to restrict our activity"

Can you tell me the difference? I will tell you the difference...the gays have broken out of the closet and openly tout their lifestyle. A lot of gun owners are still in the closet.

Now, I never pointed to you specifically, but if the shoe fits, I guess you can wear it.

PS: I personally do not aprove of the devient lifestyle of the gays, but I also do not think it is my place to tell them how to live, as long as they do not tread on my lifestyle.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top