JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Born and raised in OR. Moved to WA in '99. Still taxed by OR with no representation, so I feel I can gripe a bit as my tax money is being spent...against us.
So, by your statement above, I conclude that you reside in WA but have employment in OR... You're paying a state income tax on your earnings yet have no ability to vote in the state that taxes your income? Would that be accurate?

Last Edited:
Yeah, but it get's real old having people in our community continually bashing and blaming gun-owners for all of it. Are we all doing whatever it takes to fight? Not likely, but most everyday gun-owners also have demands on their time and resources just making a living. On the anti-2A side... they have ALL those tax dollars, fed and national special interest support and resources that are nearly impossible for a band of everyday gun-owners to combat against.

We have the law on our side, which makes it even more rediculous when we are the ones with the constant uphill battles to fight... one after the other... just to keep our noses above water.

Besides the blame game, suggestion on plans of action would be more helpful, IMHO. I think many are more than willing to help, but it takes organizers and planners to lead the way.
A group is always singled out to unite everybody else against. The Germans used the Jews. The Soviets used the bourgeoisie (rich enough to be envied, but poor enough to be taken down), In America it was blacks and other minorities as well as waves of legal immigrants.

Now, it's us. It's notable that one of the first tactics always used is shaming, and if you have been keeping up to date it's in full force. I mean, you do realize that the skeery gun in you safe is why precious little babies are being killed every day or are afraid to go to school.

They always choose a class that is either law abiding or weak that can be viewed as the source of everybody's problems. It certainly isn't the criminals or the violently insane responsible for all those gun deaths, so it has to be law abiding citizens instead. We know it's not about lives or they would be using tactics that would actually save lives.

Nope, it's all about power and control and ensuring that we can never take it back.

All you gotta do is read The Federalist Papers.. #1 Hamilton explains it to the "T". when there power is to be less. enlightening. scary the similarities of then and Todays government!

Naw, I was referring to Irish, Scandinavians, Jews, Hispanics, Asians and other legal immigrants. Each wave was treated like dirt and used for political power until they integrated and then the corrupt needed a new group.

Illegal immigration is a whole 'nuther subject all together.

My last couple of posts have drifted into politics, but I'm specifically referring to a political tactic that is being used and why it's being used for gun control. We need to really look hard at how to defeat this tactic, because we have already been cut away from the herd and are politically outnumbered.

Naw, I was referring to Irish, Scandinavians, Jews, Hispanics, Asians and other legal immigrants. Each wave was treated like dirt and used for political power until they integrated and then the corrupt needed a new group.
Ah, I see. I didn't read it that way at first, but upon your further explanation, I get what you meant now. My bad...

My last couple of posts have drifted into politics, but I'm specifically referring to a political tactic that is being used and why it's being used for gun control. We need to really look hard at how to defeat this tactic, because we have already been cut away from the herd and are politically outnumbered.
"They" control the mainstream news media, Hollywood, the music industry, social media.. every propaganda outlet you can imagine. Joseph Goebbels couldn't have imagined a better set up.

We gun owners are not the only people being targeted for reeducation.

I've already made 2 trips to ID in the past year to scout property in the Clearwater and Idaho Counties area. The first trip, someone snatched an old prepper's property of 80 acres right out from underneath me. Came with a ratty old trailer (that I would burn down and replace with a fortified log cabin), 500-gallon LNG tank, wind turbine, ground-mount solar panels, backed up to the NF, on top of a small mountain/large hill, with a mile-long gravel driveway fully in range of the trailer at the top of the hill. I wasn't prepared, in that I had not arranged any financing. Someone else came in and snatched it right out from underneath me. Same thing happened this spring at a place I was looking at up near Bonners Ferry. Since then, I've learned... now I have $1/4 million at the ready to make a cash offer when the next great parcel comes up...

Once my youngest clears the higher education indoctrination system in 4 years hence, there'll be nothing that keeps me here in WA anymore...
I have 20 unimproved acres I am going to sell, a few miles south of the Yellowstone filming property, about 30 minutes from Darby. Easy access, very private. Can be off grid but there is a power box near the edge of the property.

@rhollister71 strategy tips: target the undecided and uncommitted. You need to appeal to them using concepts they can get behind. Thay are the ones that will pull your weight. Not generally gun owners. Gun owners are already likely to side against this, even if they don't always vote. The ones that do nothing will continue to do nothing except bish that nothing ever happens, no matter what.

This is from years of fighting this crap in WA, mostly successfully, until I left 2 years ago. I-594 and I-1639 proved this apathy and that emotional appeal trumps facts, damm flawed initiative system. If you don't have the Soros/Bloomberg pockets, you have to court the independents and moderates using concepts they can empathize with.

I have 20 unimproved acres I am going to sell, a few miles south of the Yellowstone filming property, about 30 minutes from Darby. Easy access, very private. Can be off grid but there is a power box near the edge of the property.
I'm looking at no less than a square 40. Gotta be at least 1/4-mile on a side, so I can plop my bubblegum cabin right down in the middle of it, away from everyone else. I'll take an 80 that's 1/4 mile x 1/2 mile...

I'm looking at no less than a square 40. Gotta be at least 1/4-mile on a side, so I can plop my bubblegum cabin right down in the middle of it, away from everyone else. I'll take an 80 that's 1/4 mile x 1/2 mile...
I had an opportunity to pick up another 80, but I moved here (in disgust with WA among other things) instead. I needed the funds for the move. Now that area is much more sought after.

@rhollister71 strategy tips: target the undecided and uncommitted. You need to appeal to them using concepts they can get behind. Thay are the ones that will pull your weight. Not generally gun owners. Gun owners are already likely to side against this, even if they don't always vote. The ones that do nothing will continue to do nothing except bish that nothing ever happens, no matter what.

This is from years of fighting this crap in WA, mostly successfully, until I left 2 years ago. I-594 and I-1639 proved this apathy and that emotional appeal trumps facts, damm flawed initiative system. If you don't have the Soros/Bloomberg pockets, you have to court the independents and moderates using concepts they can empathize with.
that was my idea plus reminding those to vote, our voting turnout in oregon sucks

"Supreme Court and District Courts have ruled such laws to be unconstitutional" (Bruen, et al)

" the first Federal Assault Weapons ban did not reduce crime significantly."

"California's failed gun policies have resulted in mass exodus of Californians, do you want the same to be true of Oregonians?"

"If this pass, you won't be able to buy new guns, new ammo for hunting, for your family, and for defense for a few years until they get the funding for the requirements."

"With a lack of effective policing and cutting police budgets, they want the criminals to have all the power over you"

"Supreme Court and District Courts have ruled such laws to be unconstitutional" (Bruen, et al)

" the first Federal Assault Weapons ban did not reduce crime significantly."

"California's failed gun policies have resulted in mass exodus of Californians, do you want the same to be true of Oregonians?"

"If this pass, you won't be able to buy new guns, new ammo for hunting, for your family, and for defense for a few years until they get the funding for the requirements."

"With a lack of effective policing and cutting police budgets, they want the criminals to have all the power over you"
Great points! I'm not sure about the ammo restriction though unless I missed something.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top