JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If it was known that those plants were going to cause your children to get cancer why wouldn't you move your family? That's a choice. Now if monetary value outweighs your families safety and health than that is your own moral compass that needs to be recalibrated.

If you know anything whatsoever about the history of atomic bomb testing, or even about WWII history generally, you'd know that those tests were classified (obviously, JFC), and everyone was told that "whatever" was happening, it was harmless. Also, you can't just up and move your farm/business/family in the 1940s *before* a top secret series of atomic tests in the next state over that are upwind from you in one of the most low-information and remote areas of the country that you know nothing about.

It's one thing to have differing POVs — which is worth discussion — but it is clear you're not being intellectually honest. You can simply move on.

1) "Do you actually, truly believe what you're saying? That homeless people want to be on the streets? I've been homeless before, and while I get where you're coming from, you really do not understand at all.
I had a job, never did a drug in my life, didn't drink. I worked my butt off, high functioning, high achieving and highly educated, but a series of things outside of my control landed me on the street."
Here you engage in projection, i.e. attributing your own motives and worldview to others. You are a part of the productive sector, and believe that other people share your ethos. This isn't true. There are those who prefer to live in a tent, smoke crack/shoot smack/drink 8-Ball and otherwise sponge off of society. There are people who actually don't mind being in prison. I didn't believe it until I spoke with an acquaintance who had considerable experience with the penal system and he confirmed it. FWIW he said he didn't understand how I think, which was OK with me.

2) "No one even wants to hand you a $20 because they think you're not clean and have the 'rona. It goes on and on and on."
I don't want to hand them anything because pahnandlers offend me. Where the h3ll do they think I got it, and why should I enable them? At least feral cats kill pests and I like cats.

As you can read in the part of my post you quoted, I was homeless. That is not projecting. I am speaking from a place of someone who is highly "productive" by even the strictest standards, and also someone who lived on the street. And to remind you of context for my post, I am saying this because the rest of this board is literally saying everyone who is homeless wants to be homeless and deserves it.

Glad you like cats and am not surprised to hear this fact given your callousness toward your fellow countrymen and -women. Feral cats kill 3 billion songbirds and really don't kill pests in any meaningful way. They are antisocial, highly-damaging beyond their own home range, and are either ignorant or contemptuous toward what allows them the opportunity to do so.

I believe what he's saying because it's true. I've seen it with my own eyes. Even a lot of people that have jobs only go to them when they feel like it. Former employees of the store that found it too difficult to show up for scheduled shifts. Drugs have a lot to do with it too.

Once a person sinks so low, and gets so totally disconnected from, what we call normal lives, they're used to having nothing and trying to get back up to where they should be seems impossible.

It takes a special person to come back after losing everything. A lot of people aren't that special. After watching our society providing hand outs to, going on, three generations is it any surprise people fall so low with their expectations?

It's amazing what people can get used to.

And you know all of this how? What is "it" that you've seen with your own eyes? A lot of people have jobs and only go to them when the feel like it? You clearly don't know many working people with actual jobs.

If you know anything whatsoever about the history of atomic bomb testing, or even about WWII history generally, you'd know that those tests were classified (obviously, JFC), and everyone was told that "whatever" was happening, it was harmless. Also, you can't just up and move your farm/business/family in the 1940s *before* a top secret series of atomic tests in the next state over that are upwind from you in one of the most low-information and remote areas of the country that you know nothing about.

It's one thing to have differing POVs — which is worth discussion — but it is clear you're not being intellectually honest. You can simply move on.
If you go back you will notice I said that IF they knew that it was going to cause it. I guess the Japanese just had bad luck during WWII too.

Reply to post #182:
Sir,
1) I don't doubt that you are part of the productive sector, or that you were once without abode. What I referred to as projecting was imputing your own POV to the entirety of the homeless demographic. Of course some %age of them truly are in bad straits for a while and will regain prosperity...
***AND***
There are some who prefer to vote for a living, panhandle, live in a tent and sh*t in the street.
They don't live in squalor because they "deserve it." They live in such conditions as the natural outcome of their own choices and preferences.

2) I fail to see how my "callousness" toward panhandlers, bums, and junkies equates to liking cats.

Last Edited:
Reply to post #182:
Sir,
1) I don't doubt that you are part of the productive sector, or that you were once without abode. What I referred to as projecting was imputing your own POV to the entirety of the homeless demographic. Of course some %age of them truly are in bad straits for a while and will regain prosperity...
***AND***
There are some who prefer to vote for a living, panhandle, live in a tent and sh*t in the street.
They don't live in squalor because they "deserve it." They live in such c

2) I fail to see how my "callousness" toward panhandlers, bums, and junkies equates to liking cats.
You can't like cats. They kill song birds!!

You're high if you think I will let scum bags come in between me and and the delicious food in Portland and surrounding areas. I do encourage all of you to live scared tho. It makes traffic and lines at business a little less busy.

Unfortunately, a lot of the do gooders who supported the policies that turns these cities into sht holes are now fleeing those cities up to my woods and bringing that mindset with them

I own my own construction business and I'll say this. In se or ne Portland if my work takes me there I will lock my work van up and lock myself inside the house. I was working on some apartments recently off of Greenwich and I couldn't lock myself in. I was definitely mindful of my hammer on my tool belt and I looked over my shoulder constantly. I hate working in the city of Portland. It's a disgusting pit of vipers

I own my own construction business and I'll say this. In se or ne Portland if my work takes me there I will lock my work van up and lock myself inside the house. I was working on some apartments recently off of Greenwich and I couldn't lock myself in. I was definitely mindful of my hammer on my tool belt and I looked over my shoulder constantly. I hate working in the city of Portland. It's a disgusting pit of vipers
Just wait and see how bad that gets if Oregon takes away the right to self defense

You're high if you think I will let scum bags come in between me and and the delicious food in Portland and surrounding areas. I do encourage all of you to live scared tho. It makes traffic and lines at business a little less busy.
Glad you feel that way, maybe it'll keep some of the good folks that own businesses downtown from going bankrupt. But for me, and it has nothing to do with fear, there is not any food on this planet that could drag me down to that cesspool.

Well, it does in a way? It's up to the people of potland to hold the feet of elected reps to the fire. Too many people that just accept what's happening are somewhat responsible for all the destruction that's taken place here. Piling more people on top each other. Wasting gas tax money on bike lanes and purposely stifling traffic in the name of safety. Making neighbor hoods less livable and less affordable. Raising, and wasting, property taxes on their pet projects while completely ignoring the crumbling of infrastructures. It seems there are two kinds of people in potland. Those people, like me, that elected officials have no ear for. And the "Others".

If POTLAND Received a R vrs a D it Might become a great city again And spelled right to . :s0069::s0151:

Lol, I used to swing a hammer down in Oakland in the early 80's, self employed. Yep, I had a gat in my occidental toolbelt and used my estwing in interesting ways pretty often.

As you can read in the part of my post you quoted, I was homeless. That is not projecting. I am speaking from a place of someone who is highly "productive" by even the strictest standards, and also someone who lived on the street. And to remind you of context for my post, I am saying this because the rest of this board is literally saying everyone who is homeless wants to be homeless and deserves it.

Glad you like cats and am not surprised to hear this fact given your callousness toward your fellow countrymen and -women. Feral cats kill 3 billion songbirds and really don't kill pests in any meaningful way. They are antisocial, highly-damaging beyond their own home range, and are either ignorant or contemptuous toward what allows them the opportunity to do so.
So what went wrong? You were highly productive and highly educated. What put you on the street?
I'm equally curious about the people making over $200K figure income but living on the street. They couldn't find even an apartment? They couldn't go to a different town and commute to their 6 figure jobs? Housing shortage or not, I find that story hard to believe. How, making that money in 90's dollars, did they lose their housing?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top