JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
..I am saying this because the rest of this board is literally saying everyone who is homeless wants to be homeless and deserves it...

More than likely most homeless lack the fortitude & ethos which you do, to get out of there situation.

All? Certainly not.

Most. Yes most.

Ad in the preponderance are either mentally ill, or addicts, or both. Moves any chance of self fortitude and ethos even FARTHER for them to grasp.

IMO.

1) "It is at Copelands getting an action massage."
It has been my experience that Charters don't usually respond well to action tuning. Will you please let us all know how much it is improved?

2) "Unfortunately, a lot of the do gooders who supported the policies that turns these cities into sht holes are now fleeing those cities up to my woods and bringing that mindset with them"
It is called socio-political metastasis, and it is not an unintended consequence.
metastasis: the transference of disease-producing organisms or of malignant or cancerous cells to other parts of the body by way of the blood or lymphatic vessels or membranous surfaces.

3) "Just wait and see how bad that gets if Oregon takes away the right to self defense"
You don't have to wait for OR. Just look at the DPRK for the result of unbridled crime and abolition of RKBA.

4) " But still, when they pass the bs (weather you comply or not) the dirtbags will definitely feel emboldened to bring their crimes to a new level"
Corollary to #3 above.

5) " Ad in the preponderance are either mentally ill, or addicts, or both"
It used to be that the violently irrational could be placed in a therapeutic setting both to treat their affliction and for the publick safety. Then one or more of the Blue Circus Courts decided that the rights of violent psychopaths take precedence and they were released into society. Now the streets are full of raving derelicts. Who'd a thunk it?

The point I was making had nothing to do with fear. I was commenting more about the decline of our cities due to poor decisions made by elected officials

You're right. When stricter laws are passed criminals will take advantage of that because let's face it, a majority of people WILL comply with new laws in order to avoid being a criminal. I being one of them. Depending on what the new "law" is.

wow! that much stupid in one place is pretty tragic.

Most folks who've been around the block a time or two understand that life is a lot more complicated than pulling one line out of context and making a summery judgement on other people. We don't know what other people have to deal with or weigh in their decisions. If the choice is between keeping a six-figure job and having none, for example. You should quit net banging.

Do you actually, truly believe what you're saying? That homeless people want to be on the streets? I've been homeless before, and while I get where you're coming from, you really do not understand at all.

I had a job, never did a drug in my life, didn't drink. I worked my butt off, high functioning, high achieving and highly educated, but a series of things outside of my control landed me on the street.

There are a countless reasons why people end up without a roof over their head. At one point in the late '90s my friend's parents were each clearing over 100k a year and were homeless because of a housing shortage in their area. That's not even getting into folks who desperately need mental health services. The isolation, stressers, vulnerability and logistics of being homeless are enough themselves to drive a ton of people crazy. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Aside from a very, very small number of crust punks/hobos who are hopping trains as a lifestyle, no one you see on the street wants to be there. What you're saying doesn't even make sense. The people you see camped out in objective misery want to be there? You should trade places with them. I see homeless folks every single day and if you paid me twice what I make a year to be homeless I wouldn't take you up on it. Not 4x/year.

If you're homeless, don't forget, you can't afford a CHL and don't have an address to get one anyway, so if you have a gun for protection and your camp gets swept, you're going to be in trouble. If you use your gun to defend yourself and the cops show up, they're not going to believe you because you look and smell likecrap. If fellow homeless folks find out you have a gun, you're a target. You probably don't have a computer to apply for a job and you can't get into libraries to use one because of covid. No one even wants to hand you a $20 because they think you're not clean and have the 'rona. It goes on and on and on.

I arrest lots of people out of homeless camps. By being arrested, they have access to housing assistance and in-patient treatment. They agree to it before their hearings and as soon as they are through convince an adjudicator that they'll do the right thing, they don't. They get out, fail to appear, and the cycle starts again. At the next hearing, they rant about no one trying to help them.

Want to be homeless? Maybe not want. But willfully homeless? Absolutely.

Most folks who've been around the block a time or two understand that life is a lot more complicated than pulling one line out of context and making a summery judgement on other people. We don't know what other people have to deal with or weigh in their decisions. If the choice is between keeping a six-figure job and having none, for example. You should quit net banging.
I've been around the block many times and have a pretty good understanding of things. The discussion I have been in has been simply that these cities are becoming filthy. I don't believe for a minute these homeless camps are a bunch of people making over 100k. The needles, garbage, vandalism and crime paint a very different picture

So what went wrong? You were highly productive and highly educated. What put you on the street?
I'm equally curious about the people making over $200K figure income but living on the street. They couldn't find even an apartment? They couldn't go to a different town and commute to their 6 figure jobs? Housing shortage or not, I find that story hard to believe. How, making that money in 90's dollars, did they lose their housing?

If you find that hard to believe, you should spend more time out in the world. This was happening in the tech bubble and housing shortage. You can find the news articles online and the tv reports on youtube if you're not old enough to remember. Litigating the details for a group where the default tenor is fringe sociopathic behavior isn't very interesting to me.

I always hear the "I had no choice" argument. There's always choices. Whether they're creative enough to figure it out is another question.

I always hear the "I had no choice" argument. There's always choices. Whether they're creative enough to figure it out is another question.

Agree there's always choices. Sometimes it's about no longer having the will to make it out, etc. With the choices I have available to me, I choose to be compassionate toward folks who are struggling to meet basic needs. It really is too bad how many folks on here choose to take such a fearful, obtuse and cruel tone toward their fellow citizens.

I arrest lots of people out of homeless camps. By being arrested, they have access to housing assistance and in-patient treatment. They agree to it before their hearings and as soon as they are through convince an adjudicator that they'll do the right thing, they don't. They get out, fail to appear, and the cycle starts again. At the next hearing, they rant about no one trying to help them.

Want to be homeless? Maybe not want. But willfully homeless? Absolutely.

Oh, you just have to be wrong! How could you know anything! You must just sit around in a cave and never get out and about! o_O

Agree there's always choices. Sometimes it's about no longer having the will to make it out, etc. With the choices I have available to me, I choose to be compassionate toward folks who are struggling to meet basic needs. It really is too bad how many folks on here choose to take such a fearful, obtuse and cruel tone toward their fellow citizens.

I agree, it's easy to judge. I think that impulse comes from people not wanting to be "fellow citizens" per societal norms. Add social services via tax, reduction in property values, creating eyesores in the community, and the various ways people become victims of the criminal element among the homeless, and it becomes easy to see why people judge.

In my area, 1 out of 10 has visible mental health issues. But there's the less obvious stuff that people don't see because they aren't apparent. Many have had some sort of serious trauma.

Here's what kills me about the homeless. The garbage. Everybody has to be somewhere, but surrounding themselves with garbage is a huge problem. And no one in the "Compassionate" minded group ever lift a singe finger to battle the garbage problem. Yeah, yeah, spare me the speech of "People with nothing needing to surround themselves with something" I understand and believe.

There's not a damned thing being done by the elites "Elected Officials" to work to alleviate the problem.

We live in a era where a certain segment of our population manipulates information and facts to fit their narrative. When called out, they attempt to deflect blame to others. Your statement was clear. Once credibility is lost, you become irrelevant.

Last Edited:
Here's what kills me about the homeless. The garbage. Everybody has to be somewhere, but surrounding themselves with garbage is a huge problem. And no one in the "Compassionate" minded group ever lift a singe finger to battle the garbage problem. Yeah, yeah, spare me the speech of "People with nothing needing to surround themselves with something" I understand and believe.

There's not a damned thing being done by the elites "Elected Officials" to work to alleviate the problem.

The city put dumpsters next to a camp known as "the Jungle". No one uses them! Really frustrating. Placing portable toilets below the high water line was another genius move.

When called out, they attempted to deflect blame to others. Your statement was clear. Once credibility is lost, you become irrelevant.

Oooo, in my experience, just yesterday, they get angry, and start spouting stuff they heard on Rachel Maddow et al.

One of the homeless guys around the job last summer asked me how to go about doing what my crew does. I told him it was pretty simple, go to YVC, pay $45 and register for a 6-7 hour class, take the open book/notes test. If you pass then you can do what we do. He couldn't see spending the $45 and a day in class to make $35 hr. "Do you know what I could do with $45?" Yes, sadly, I know EXACTLY what he could do with it. He didn't even have to pay for the class if he went to the right agency for help. Too much work and bother I guess.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top