JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Jail sucks, from what I hear at least.
Depends how long you've been on a bender out on the street. I was dumb a decade ago and wound up in county with my dad refusing to bail me even with my own money. Had it in cash so couldn't bail myself out. Anyways, lots of these guys would refer to their stay as a vacation from the street life or a chance to recharge. It really can't properly be described you would have to hear them talk amonst themselves for yourself, but trust me, being in there doesn't those people quite like it would hit you or I.

Depends how long you've been on a bender out on the street. I was dumb a decade ago and wound up in county with my dad refusing to bail me even with my own money. Had it in cash so couldn't bail myself out. Anyways, lots of these guys would refer to their stay as a vacation from the street life or a chance to recharge. It really can't properly be described you would have to hear them talk amonst themselves for yourself, but trust me, being in there doesn't those people quite like it would hit you or I.

Ive had people I've arrested say they appreciated the break and the reset. None ever went as far as saying they "liked" the method!

chickenjungle2.jpg

Not bad enough apparently.

Who goes to jail? I'm not sure potland wouldn't even lock up a slobbering drunk driver until he was sober any more. Sit him him on a bench for an hour nap. Give him a bottle of water. Hand him his keys and send him out the door!

Last Edited:
"Jail sucks, from what I hear at least."

I once had a discussion on this with a fellow who had spent at least 1/2 his life incarcerated. Much to my amazement, he said there are people who really don't mind being locked up for some % of the time as a cost of doing business. I found this attitude incomprehensible, but then they obviously don't think like the rest of us.
One other cause for perpetual incarceration is the inability to think 10 minutes ahead, or connect cause and effect.

Hey Everyone, I am late to the party on this one. I have a great family with two young kids, and see no reason to expose them to any unnecessary risk or toxicity. Part of it might be getting older, too. When I was in my 20s-30s, the city was the cool place to be. But at this stage of my life, the juice is simply not worth the squeeze.

We live on a cul-de-sac in semi-rural bucolic equanimity.
We also lock the front door when we're inside or out in back.

Back in about '94 I went on a ride-along as part of the SCSO's citizens' academy. Snohomish is big county area wise, and a single incident can tie up several cops who couldn't get there soon enough to help you. This isn't cop bashing, just recognizing that they may not be able to help due to a confluence of events. The specific example I remember was a DV call in which the woman brandished a kitchen knife at her squeeze and the cops were called. Several deputies arrived and resolved the situation without harm to man or beast. If you had a home invasion 20 miles away from the scene of that call you were hosed unless you could deploy defensive firepower.

Kittitas Co. is much the same. It can take 20-25 minutes just to get a fire truck out here. And we go from the top of Snoqualmie pass to Vantage at the Columbia. You better be able to hold out for awhile.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top