JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There are a couple of channels on YouTube that address this topic. One is The Urban Prepper. Another is City Prepping. I haven't checked them out but they pop up in my recommended list from time to time. There are also a number of prepper channels that have one or more videos on urban survival. If you are interested in this topic just do a search on any of these terms and you should find enough vids to keep you busy for a long time. Watch one or 2 and the algorithm will be recommending them for the rest of your life. :D

This is a rigged conversation. It is my opinion that there are no good ways to live in a huge city and not be one of them.

You might figure out a way to blend in but it won't last. They know. They seek you out to steal from you. They seek you out to ostracize you.

You will likely not have peace of mind you seek until you leave.

This is a rigged conversation. It is my opinion that there are no good ways to live in a huge city and not be one of them.

You might figure out a way to blend in but it won't last. They know. They seek you out to steal from you. They seek you out to ostracize you.

You will likely not have peace of mind you seek until you leave.
You are fooked if you stay and fooked if you leave. IMO you are more quickly fooked by leaving unless death is imminent.

The time to "bug out" is well before you need to. You are looking for a community big end diverse enough to include the skill sets to survive without modern supply chains and to defend itself, but small enough to avoid the downsides of the urban environment.

The area also needs a culture conducive to survival as in family and patriotic values as well as generally law abiding. Everyone will be tested at some point and you want the odds in your favor.

Becoming a known and trusted part of such a community takes years, not days or weeks. If you wait until things go south you will be seen as a threat or at a minimum a liability by others when you show up.

You are fooked if you stay and fooked if you leave. IMO you are more quickly fooked by leaving unless death is imminent.

The time to "bug out" is well before you need to. You are looking for a community big end diverse enough to include the skill sets to survive without modern supply chains and to defend itself, but small enough to avoid the downsides of the urban environment.

The area also needs a culture conducive to survival as in family and patriotic values as well as generally law abiding. Everyone will be tested at some point and you want the odds in your favor.

Becoming a known and trusted part of such a community takes years, not days or weeks. If you wait until things go south you will be seen as a threat or at a minimum a liability by others when you show up.
Exactly. If you aren't one of the folks living in Portland right now, that agrees and follows their ways, you won't do well when things get bad in that area. It's always going that way in Portland. Anyone trying to film from the outside might get chased down the street by someone with an axe.

Not to throw city names into the timer but I think of places in TX. It's a huge state with tons of up cities, they are cheap and plentiful. Yet most that are leaving for it are doing the exact same thing they did here. Taking their wealth to a place that it will work better for them. This doesn't mean they do anything but move. They don't get more involved, they don't help you better things, they sell the greener grass and leave. Then when it starts to get bad there, they complain until they find the next place to live large off other lower economies.

Best way to survive if you're in a big city/high density area?..... GET OUT of that big city/high density area.

"CCI/SPEER is now hiring for Full Time Assemblers and Temporary Summer Assembly workers. Apply at vistaoutdoor.com/careers and search for the "Lewiston" location!
CCI/SPEER offers competitive industry wages and a benefits package that includes medical, dental, tuition reimbursement, 401K savings plan with a generous company match, and more for full time employment."

and... the Employee Store sells ammo at a HUGE discount.

Just watched a video of a person attacked with a knife in a big city. Criminal was one day out of prison and the man cut and stabbed was walking out of a food place with food.

Unfortunately where this happened Joe average isn't allowed a firearm for self defense.

I won't go anywhere I am not allowed to carry a gun in the big city. There isn't anything I want or want to do that's worth risking my life for in the big city. I avoid them because they are as dangerous as the plague.

Just my opinion and ymmv.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR