JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
$300 and $400 for a complete (BCG, CH, etc.) AR10 upper is pretty good. Not sure I would wait if you are wanting one, or even thinking about one...
Yeah You never really know the future, if the price is right buy buy buy. It is almost comedical going on their website and seeing an a2 ar15 go for 880$ while their 308 with magpul acs ss barrel and mlok handguard is 700$

I never really payed attention to black friday and how many manufacturers actually take part in it. Cuz if a lot did ide just put my money aside and get an m1a and fal then buut ive never really seen significant deals on guns like those, a good ar in 308 would pay for itself in pure fun plinking value even if i dont get the best deal possible

PSA has excellent BF deals...

I generally buy complete lowers and then purchase complete uppers separately, seems to save a little. With that said, who knows what'll be on sale or in stock on BF?

PSA has excellent BF deals...

I generally buy complete lowers and then purchase complete uppers separately, seems to save a little. With that said, who knows what'll be on sale or in stock on BF?

That's my biggest problem with PSA is you never know what's going to be in stock and how long it will be out of stock for. I bought one of their KS-47 receivers last year on a whim and thought that the kit to complete it would be coming along any time. Nope, I waited a whole year for that kit to come out on a sale. They did have it a couple times at a $700 regular price but I was only willing to pay ~$400. I waited but it seemed to take forever. Their shipping times have improved dramatically over the last year or so as well.

Just shot my PSA $700 AR10 deal mlok, 18in ss barrel, acss stock, etc.

From a bench, clovered 3 holes on top of eachother at 100 yards. Very happy with my purchase, while Obama was in office that Rifle would have easily been $1500

$3k is a serious chunk of cash to invest on a rifle. But I've seen SCAR 17s for sale for as low as $2500. Demand for them, as well as FN's increase in production , will help keep the price lower than the $3000-3200 prices seen when they were first released.

Geno
Yeah class had the scar16 for that price, but imo paying over 2000 for any 223 rifle just doesnt add up, 308 on the other hand, well cant knock your goal. From what ive seen it makes that cartridge as handleable as a 223

Yeah class had the scar16 for that price, but imo paying over 2000 for any 223 rifle just doesnt add up, 308 on the other hand, well cant knock your goal. From what ive seen it makes that cartridge as handleable as a 223

Friend of mine has a SCAR 17, he also owns a Tavor,

The guy had SCAR fever forever and loves it in .308, but the Tavor wins the .223 game in his opinion (and in mine)

I have bought a Pistol AR upper, a Taurus PT-111 G2, and ammo from PSA< all Johnny-on-the-spot shipping.
Agreed. They have improved dramatically and I think it has been a boon to their business. My last few have been shipped quick but for a while it wasn't uncommon to wait 4-5 weeks for it to arrive.

.308 Winchester isn't the cheapest cartridge to shoot -you'll be happy when yoi find ammo on sale for $.55-.60/rd. But it is addictive- it makes shooting .223 like shooting .22 LR. I know there are other calibers that are ballistically superior like 6 5 Creedmor, but in terms of use and availability, .308 Winchester and 7.62x51 is still a very viable and potent round.

Geno

.308 Winchester isn't the cheapest cartridge to shoot -you'll be happy when yoi find ammo on sale for $.55-.60/rd. But it is addictive- it makes shooting .223 like shooting .22 LR. I know there are other calibers that are ballistically superior like 6 5 Creedmor, but in terms of use and availability, .308 Winchester and 7.62x51 is still a very viable and potent round.

Geno
Well its a bit cheaper then 30-06 my favorite cartidge , i do plan on reloading ine day so that could drive the cost of shooting down in the future, but for now in terms of cost/per unit of satisfaction, the 308 ends up being the same as 223 lol

Well its a bit cheaper then 30-06 my favorite cartidge , i do plan on reloading ine day so that could drive the cost of shooting down in the future, but for now in terms of cost/per unit of satisfaction, the 308 ends up being the same as 223 lol
I shoot both .308 and 7.62x51- save my brass as well. With the new CA 2018 ammo laws going into effect on 1/1/18, I will be reloading, buying any additional ammo up here as well. I'm not sure if I will reload both calibers, but I sure won't be paying extra fees just to buy ammo.

Geno

I'm up here in Keizer for the week for my Mom's birthday- had a chance to go shoot with buddy on BLM land off hwy 22 just east of Dallas. There was not even a 100 yard clearing to break out the M5 and do some distance shooting, so we just shot my pistol, KSG, and my AR-15. Not what I'm used to, but it was beautiful to shoot in the woods- so peaceful, cool, and quiet, until you pull the trigger. Boy, that steel really rings-lol.

Local Wal-marts here just started carrying Perfecta .308 too- gotta love Oregon.

Geno

While true there are many benefits to choose 6.5 or 6.0 Creedmoor or others like 26 or 28 Nosler, those barrels are very pricy and the factory ammo limited and pricy too. Yes you can hand load, but I think you are severely restricting yourself when .308 is fairly pervasive.

Can't see stuffing those rounds in an AR action/mag

If they can stuff 338, 50, and 300wm in an ar style/ like action, its definately as possible as it is impractical

The OAL of the .26/.28 Nosler is the same as 30-06 at 3.34" and AR10 receiver and mag will accommodate .308 length rounds which are 2.8". Yes there is a manufacturer that makes a 30-06 AR but considering there are no standards for 308 AR let alone one in 30-06, there are even 50 BMG uppers, but as you say most if not all of the stuff is impractical.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top