JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Shtf battle rifle basically

The ALG ACT is the best bang for the buck for a battle rifle. About $60 and comes with two different springs to adjust the pull weight.

If you want a DMR type setup, then the Gieselle SSA-E is a great combat two stage trigger, but over $200 unless you wait for the Black Friday discount

My current SHTF .308 battle rifle- I put a vertical grip on it when I run drills with it.

Geno
7-30-17_001_ Strike Eagle.jpg

I've actually been looking at triggers for my dpms 308, and a few manufacturers have specific AR10 models of their triggers, like ELF and Timney, that just seem to have a heavier mass hammer, and a higher price tag.

Anyone ever hear of AR15 triggers failing to ignite primers in 308 rifles? I'm assuming thats all the extra mass would effect. I still have my dpms milspec trigger from the lpk, and its run great, but thats a fairly heavy hammer and spring in those.

I've actually been looking at triggers for my dpms 308, and a few manufacturers have specific AR10 models of their triggers, like ELF and Timney, that just seem to have a heavier mass hammer, and a higher price tag.

Anyone ever hear of AR15 triggers failing to ignite primers in 308 rifles? I'm assuming thats all the extra mass would effect. I still have my dpms milspec trigger from the lpk, and its run great, but thats a fairly heavy hammer and spring in those.

My AR308, a short frame model, came with a slightly better than average mil-spec trigger. My SSA-E works perfectly well with it. I'd avoid anything that greatly deviates from mil spec like a smaller/lower mass hammer.

Get any good trigger, doesn't have to be a match grade one.

And don't go overboard on furniture. If its possible to make it light without being too light, then do that.
It comes with a magpul acs and mlok rail, the grip is the only thing im gunna change. The bcm mod three is the most comfortable polymer grip ive felt

I just ordered one myself a couple days ago. I've noticed that PSA does that on the PA-10 buffers maybe for identification. There is also one on the buffer tube, at least on my gen1. I think you will be happy with how it shoots. My gen 1 has no issues ringing the 550 yard gong with some 147gr ball ammo. The new one will be converted to 6.5 Creedmoor in short order.

I just ordered one myself a couple days ago. I've noticed that PSA does that on the PA-10 buffers maybe for identification. There is also one on the buffer tube, at least on my gen1. I think you will be happy with how it shoots. My gen 1 has no issues ringing the 550 yard gong with some 147gr ball ammo. The new one will be converted to 6.5 Creedmoor in short order.
If im going to buy another im going to build.

Self control self control self control

I thought that too but in the name of economics, it just didn't make sense. Complete railed rifle for under $550 or build a piece at a time for what would have been well over $800 had I gone with the Aero M5 receiver and rail kit.

I thought that too but in the name of economics, it just didn't make sense. Complete railed rifle for under $550 or build a piece at a time for what would have been well over $800 had I gone with the Aero M5 receiver and rail kit.
Prices are too damn low, buuuut a piece costs less right NOW, and next check a piece will cost less then, and next check...
(3000$ later):D

A few weeks ago, Damage Factory, a gun store in CO was running a special on Aero M5's- they were selling them for $999, ready to shoot- w/ a 16" Ballistics Advantage CMV 4150 barrel. So there are deals to be had now on quality AR-308s- timing is everything.

I spent about $1800 to build my M5E1 from the ground up, but that included headspace gauges, an AP scope mount, 42" rifle case, a bipod, $45 transfer/ BGC and a few picatinny rail sections- so the base price of my M5 w/o all of the extras was about $1607. But I also added upgrades like a black Nitride BCG, Faxon fluted 416R stainless 20" barrel, ambi safety selector, VG6 Gamma muzzle brake, Raptor Radian charging handle, Magpul STR stock and MOE+ grip- alot of add-ons you that won't come on a basic AR-308. If I had bought an Aero M5E1 builder's kit I could have trimmed another $110 off of my base price- but at the time I was limited on funds, so I bought the M5 lower separately, lesson learned.

Geno
5-6-17_ SR-25 mag.jpg

A few weeks ago, Damage Factory, a gun store in CO was running a special on Aero M5's- they were selling them for $999, ready to shoot- w/ a 16" Ballistics Advantage CMV 4150 barrel. So there are deals to be had now on quality AR-308s- timing is everything.

I spent about $1800 to build my M5E1 from the ground up, but that included headspace gauges, an AP scope mount, 42" rifle case, a bipod, $45 transfer/ BGC and a few picatinny rail sections- so the base price of my M5 w/o all of the extras was about $1607. But I also added upgrades like a black Nitride BCG, Faxon fluted 416R stainless 20" barrel, ambi safety selector, VG6 Gamma muzzle brake, Raptor Radian charging handle, Magpul STR stock and MOE+ grip- alot of add-ons you that won't come on a basic AR-308. If I had bought an Aero M5E1 builder's kit I could have trimmed another $110 off of my base price- but at the time I was limited on funds, so I bought the M5 lower separately, lesson learned.

Geno
View attachment 393041
Gorgeous, fde and similar tones can make anything look good

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads