JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've actually been looking at triggers for my dpms 308, and a few manufacturers have specific AR10 models of their triggers, like ELF and Timney, that just seem to have a heavier mass hammer, and a higher price tag.

Anyone ever hear of AR15 triggers failing to ignite primers in 308 rifles? I'm assuming thats all the extra mass would effect. I still have my dpms milspec trigger from the lpk, and its run great, but thats a fairly heavy hammer and spring in those.
I think its more of a length issue (if there is an issue at all) given the dimensional variation of 308 ar15's. Should be enough strike force in most, ithink some were designed to take ar triggers, but some companies produce ones specifically for 308 ar's that have longer hammers if im not mistaken

I've actually been looking at triggers for my dpms 308, and a few manufacturers have specific AR10 models of their triggers, like ELF and Timney, that just seem to have a heavier mass hammer, and a higher price tag.

Anyone ever hear of AR15 triggers failing to ignite primers in 308 rifles? I'm assuming thats all the extra mass would effect. I still have my dpms milspec trigger from the lpk, and its run great, but thats a fairly heavy hammer and spring in those.
American Trigger Corp. AR Gold Trigger Group AR-10 - MPN: SRGold

I personally don't think the large rifle primers I use in 308 vs the small rifle primers for .223 have any inherent hardness difference between them. I also don't think that the trigger used to ignite them should either. If the trigger is designed to fit the receiver, like many AR10/15 drop in's do, then it would be an issue of spring tension and trigger figment, not hammer mass in my mind. Both can achieve the same result but not sure that a heavier hammer is the optimal choice when a spring is an easier component to find/tune/replace.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA

New Resource Reviews