JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And it is attributed to your favorite Gun salesman. LGS tried three distributors (Including Davidsons's) to get a SA XD45 Mod 2 and could not get one. I had to use Bud's, and I guess that worked.

Another LGS that I bought from last week I had to go home and come back the next day due to Background check volume.

I just learned that if a group of young ME males is caught sneaking across the border and they give ICE false names, their finger prints are not in the data base they are issued a order to appear in court and turned lose in the nearest town.
This has changed my estimate of the number of Terrorists in the US by a factor of 10

I posted this on another thread earlier:

Interesting observation:
When hobama again started talking about Exec Order on or about the 4th I ordered thru Davidsons Gun Genie. Arrived on time, good price.
Curious if the price had gone up with more of hobama's saber rattling, I ran Gun Genie again on the 11th. It had bumped by $10. Later that night I was curious about the full size model price vs the 'c'. Suddenly all 8 models were on "stock watch" - completely sold out. Like a distributor came and bought everything they listed in inventory for those Ruger models. I've checked since (after clearing cookies and a reboot) and all are still on "stock watch".

I mentioned in another thread how I hesitated buying a Taurus TCP .380. As they (Cabela's) had 5 in stock I felt safe going home and seeing a few reviews.
The Next morning when they opened they had sold out.
That gun counter was jam packed too. Maybe it's the season but more likely it's Obama and our unelected Gov. spouting off about new Laws.

I just don't know who is buying all of them. I bought two guns earlier, but guns I had been talking about buying. in these forums, for some time. I did not buy anything based on someone else's words or actions. Who was gunless and all of the sudden, because of the news, decided they now needed one. Why the model I wanted? I'm just being selfish, but I don't mind being selfish.

I think it's all hot air on Mr. O's part, but it may have caused people who had not considered the threat, to give it thought and then take action as a form of insurance they had not previously thought they needed.

My point is thse buyers seem to be new to the game.

I mentioned in another thread how I hesitated buying a Taurus TCP .380. As they (Cabela's) had 5 in stock I felt safe going home and seeing a few reviews.
The Next morning when they opened they had sold out.
That gun counter was jam packed too. Maybe it's the season but more likely it's Obama and our unelected Gov. spouting off about new Laws.

I THINK TIS THE SEASON.....

New owners buying guns will saturate the market nicely!

In a few years whey these new gun buyers no longer see a need for the guns they bought.
We should see some great prices on used guns.

Sort of like generators after the 2000 scare.

Just think how many AR's have been made since old ''Hope and change'' was first running for office?:D

New owners buying guns will saturate the market nicely!

In a few years whey these new gun buyers no longer see a need for the guns they bought.
We should see some great prices on used guns.

Sort of like generators after the 2000 scare.

Just think how many AR's have been made since old ''Hope and change'' was first running for office?:D

I'd sure like to see some proof that there is any real increase in "New" fire arms purchasers. And great prices on guns? Was there a flood of cheap ARs after the last flood of people buying ARs at $2000.00-$3000.00? I really don't know about ARs that much. I'm a new AR owner myself due to the things going on around me.

Yes, yes there is a run on firearms.

Don't forget to stock up on your reloading supplies while you are at it.

I'd sure like to see some proof that there is any real increase in "New" fire arms purchasers. And great prices on guns? Was there a flood of cheap ARs after the last flood of people buying ARs at $2000.00-$3000.00? I really don't know about ARs that much. I'm a new AR owner myself due to the things going on around me.

Ruger is just one manufacturer. And there on target to make 2 million guns this year.
They wouldn't make them if there was not a desire for guns.
That is your proof in new firearms purchases.

And yes. People paid $2000-$3000 for AR's they thought would be necessary or banned out right.
Recently you could get an AR for $550 bucks. ''The flood of cheep AR"s''.
Colt 6920's were $850.

There are a lot of AR's out there. And the perceived need to tie money up in one changes.
All the while more and more are being made. So the next flood of cheep AR's should be even bigger.

the true data is always about a month behind

on the NICS reports, december 2012 during the last run there were 2.7 million background checks that month. The most recent stat from 11/15 there were 2.2 million which is just under. It will be interesting to see December's data
https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/nics/reports/nics_firearm_checks_-_month_year.pdf

You meesundertake me! Not new gun buyers. New, gun buyers, as in people that have not owned guns buying their first, second etc. Nooo, I'm well aware of gun owners buying MORE guns.

I was in the LGS last week thinking I needed to restock the guns i sold to get over here.
We talked about the recent events and all,told him I thought about borrowing about 10k to buy some ARs just in case there is a run next year at election time. He was looking around and saw there was a lot going away. So he spent a ton on ARs and mini 14s,mags,parts etc.
I would guess the buyers aren't just 'new' but some of the folk who made money last time when all the guns went away.
If a guy had some extra doe and bought a few ARs,he could possibly make a grand a piece next year.
And if you shoot a lot or reload,you'll want to pick up what you can afford cause if "hoboma" (I like that one) decides to stop some import or executive order some BS then the supplies will dry up again

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top