JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I only got my CHL and first few handguns only a few months prior to last time. It was kind of fun though. Freedom munitions was putting up 100-150,000 rounds every morning around 8:10 am. It would sell out a few minutes later. that went on every day for 3 months straight. I had a website monitor checking their site every 30 seconds. I'd get 250 rounds of 9mm on order before it sold out. Then I'd sell about 1/2 of it to my staff at the office since they could not find any. Then rinse and repeat the next morning. I'd get about 3-4 orders a week. Luckily I didnt fall for any price gouging AR's though. Got a mechtech upper for my glock and messed around with that until everything calmed down.

Bad timing, but that worked out well for you!

How did you like the Mechtech?

Just a thought here, Has any one considered that all this hype from Homobama and his minions is actually good for business? The arms and ammo and accessories manufactures all have reported record sales! It seams that every time something bad happens, the sales numbers go through the roof! Think about all the thousands who have a job because of these events! It goes even further than that, we are conditioned to fear, and from that we go out and buy food and water and gas and other supplies to bulk up in case S.H.T.F. It seams to me that every time our econo situation is circklin the flusher, we have a situation that makes us all go out and spend crap loads of money on stuff we all ready have, or should have! Just a thought!

well, I guess there is a runafter all. Went by Oregon Arms and Ammo. They guy doing a purchase was 470 in line (granted there is a gun show) and they had sold out of their AR's recently. When restocking, most of their distributors were running low or out. But they had plenty of 22lr. Dont wait if you want an AR

Yes, This is a Clue We Have New Gun Owners
December 19, 2015
tags: gun culture, second amendment, self defense

Some California gun shops told me gun sales were up by over 400 percent the last several weeks. Other shops described a change in the type of customers entering their stores. An unusual number were new customers. They estimated 30 to 40 percent of their customers were first time gun buyers. These new gun buyers were also different in another important way. They did not want to buy their gun and put it on a shelf "just in case". These recent gun buyers immediately asked about firearms training. I imagine, but could not confirm, that gun shops with a shooting range and classrooms saw a larger surge in sales compared to the shops who did not.

These customers wanted a gun for serious self-defense, and they wanted it now.

I wondered if this reaction was unique to California in general and to the area near the recent muslim terrorist attack in San Bernardino in particular. What is the first thing a shopper would do if they were not familiar with firearms?

Here is the relative frequency of google searches for the term gun shop. Note that the search rate is quite high today, but the trend has been growing for the last month. The rate has not reached the frequency we saw when Barack Obama was elected for a second term at the end of 2012 and the start of 2013. Not yet.

gun-shop.png
GUN SHOP

Now look at the search frequency for the terms gun shop near me. The searches were not uniform across the country. They were stronger in Texas and California. That is consistent with the recent muslim attacks in those states.

g-s-n-m.png
GUN SHOP NEAR ME

Here is the trend line for the term shooting range near me. That trend looks similar. People typing in that search term were more widely spread across the country.

s-r-n-m.png
TREND LINE OF SHOOTING RANGE NEAR ME

srnm-map.png
MAP OF SHOOTING RANGE NEAR ME

Now that a potential firearms owner has found a gun shop, he might search for a handgun safety course. There was a recent increase in the number of people looking for firearms training. The interest is close to what we saw in at the end of 2012 and the start of 2013.

handgun-safety-course1.png
HANDGUN SAFETY COURSE

A new gun owner would also look for information about concealed carry licenses. Wouldn't you know it, but the rate of those searches has set an all time high. This is consistent with new firearms owners looking for a place to buy their firearm, get training, and get their carry permits.

ccl1.png
CONCEALED CARRY LICENSE

I have only one thing to say to these new gun owners.

Welcome to the gun culture. Here is where you go next.
~_~_

PS. David at GunCulture2.0 posted about Google trends four days ago. I'm so behind the curve. Give David a read. SlowFacts will be here when you return.

I gave you a few hundred words. Please leave a comment, share or like.
Thanks,
Rob

I mentioned in another thread how I hesitated buying a Taurus TCP .380. As they (Cabela's) had 5 in stock I felt safe going home and seeing a few reviews.
The Next morning when they opened they had sold out.
That gun counter was jam packed too. Maybe it's the season but more likely it's Obama and our unelected Gov. spouting off about new Laws.

I was in SW today (a dead day) and the wait was 240+

Went and did the paperwork on a couple rifles today. Guy said they have been exceptionally busy since about October but that the last two weeks has been the busiest he has ever seen.

I was told by an FFL at the gun show Friday that the OSP, I guess, didn't like people to leave while waiting for the check. I was told it's not a big deal now. I know I'm not caring to hang around a shop for two hours or more.

Yeah, more guns the better! And I dearly hope that first time gun owners will take the responsibility seriously, educate themselves, and practice!

Kate Brown started running her yap about gun control last week - and the supermajority pant wetters have banning on the brain. Pretty sure that semi automatic magazine fed firearms will be non-sellable in Oregon by say, May 15th - sooner if they "emergency clause" it through. You can still own them - if you register them. You just won't be selling or transferring them in the state though. 10,20, heck 60 day waiting periods could be on the horizon. One gun a month. Restrictions to places you can carry with a CHL. Maybe an open carry ban statewide. No Fly No Buy bill. Ending the "gun show loophole" by banning gun shows. Lead bullet ban for all hunting. At least they haven't talked about a NJ style ban on hollowpoint "cop killer" ammunition... probably will ban body armor, "assault clothes" (aka BDU's, load bearing gear, and any clothing with a gun pictured on it...)

Gin-swilly Burrrrdick and Phloyd Prozacneeds are creaming their jeans and Kate can't wait to sign it. I can see a local run on guns. I don't see much happening on a national issue. Congress may find their collective balls if Big Oh takes executive actions to further restrict gun rights and maybe, hopefully, they'd impeach the SOB. But I don't see his nonsense doing much right now to spur a nation wide run on guns. Other than the sleepy minded waking up to the realization that the world is a scary, dangerous place and the police cannot and will not be there to protect you when things break bad. My bosses wife is a hard core Bernie supporting liberal - she has been talking about getting a gun and learning to use it. (He has guns, that I guess she doesn't use or has never shown interest in learning to use). Oddly enough the Walking Dead got her thinking along those lines, and that made her think about real societal break down, and now the terrorism. So there may be hope. MAYBE.

You guyz better get that emergency clause under control and damm quick our you might as well change your state name to Orefornia or Kaligon.... just sayin....o_Oo_Oo_O

You guyz better get that emergency clause under control and damm quick our you might as well change your state name to Orefornia or Kaligon.... just sayin....o_Oo_Oo_O
I don't see how that's Constitutional. The initiative process by citizens has a long precedent here and I think parliamentary games that silence citizens would be tossed out if challenged to Oregon High Court.

A week ago Saturday (12th) I was called by my LGS and told that my latest firearm had arrived. The proprietor asked me to get there as early as possible, as the wait (NICS) had been pretty long all day. I went in, filled out the 4473, and was out of there in about 15 minutes, thumb prints and all. It seems as though some people are either on a frequent buyer list or maybe because of the CHL, NICS doesn't have to dig as deep. Anyway, it was a pleasant surprise.

A week ago Saturday (12th) I was called by my LGS and told that my latest firearm had arrived. The proprietor asked me to get there as early as possible, as the wait (NICS) had been pretty long all day. I went in, filled out the 4473, and was out of there in about 15 minutes, thumb prints and all. It seems as though some people are either on a frequent buyer list or maybe because of the CHL, NICS doesn't have to dig as deep. Anyway, it was a pleasant surprise.
Well, what did you buy?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads