JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Prayers for all that are in their paths.

Back when Logging was open and people had access to the forest lands there were maintained roads and the fires could be fought quickly. Now the roads are overgrown and closed access to so many areas, about all there is, is Air assault and that is not near as effective as boots on the ground and quick access for making fire breaks. Much of the dilemma today you can blame on those that love owls and rodents over people and the sellout of most of our lands to foreign investors that close the lands up to the people here.
Prayers to all those in harms way. Remember who put them there.

In the local idiom, True Dat!!!:cool:

Oregon Department of Forestry assumed command of the fire last night; the local RFDS were simply out-gunned, but fought bravely.

100 acres/5% contained.

The area seems to be dotted with clear-cuts..helping to slow this monster to a jog. If it jumps Willamina creek and heads into the Sheridan watershed, we will probably begin a load out because it's solid timber.

For now, Im gonna refill our two 250 gallon totes and check out the pressure-washer.

Our best wishes are with you, Oathkeeper, and everyone else who is threatened! This drought is a disaster for us all!

They just released a YC EM facebook report on the fire N of Willamina; fire is controlled, local RFDS sent back to their stations. ODF will remain on station.

Cool temps overnight & RFDS gallant-efforts yesterday afternoon helped to get this fire under control but not contained.

Good wakeup call....I need a scanner.....my ham, cb, internet, phone, tv, & short-wave fall short.

Salute to all the volunteers, fire-fighters, the clearcuts, and OFD.

They just released a YC EM facebook report on the fire N of Willamina; fire is controlled, local RFDS sent back to their stations. ODF will remain on station.

Cool temps overnight & RFDS gallant-efforts yesterday afternoon helped to get this fire under control but not contained.

Good wakeup call....I need a scanner.....my ham, cb, internet, phone, tv, & short-wave fall short.

Salute to all the volunteers, fire-fighters, the clearcuts, and OFD.
Glad to hear you are alright !:s0162:

Even though we don't have a fire within 75 miles of us, they are burning in every direction around us and we have had smoke-filled skies for weeks.

We're still in the tinderbox that is the Fremont-Winema National Forest, but last year's Sprague River fire was much too close to home and maybe someone above is sparing us this year.

To those affected, know that your neighbors in Klamath and Lake Counties feel your pain and pray for you regularly. While we are thankful to be currently safe, we know what it is to be in imminent danger with vehicles packed and escape routes planned.

Thank You to ALL the Brave Firefighters ! :s0060::s0160:The Stouts Creek Fire is just about under control. :s0155:
took some good pics on Stouts but this was my favorite.
This home was on the S Umpqua and firmly in the evac area on Div Foxtrot....The residence had good positive attitudes and were very helpful.Makes our job much easier and this put a big smile on everyone's face when they drove too and from the line everyday and night
thanks for putting up with us

image.jpg

took some good pics on Stouts but this was my favorite.
This home was on the S Umpqua and firmly in the evac area on Div Foxtrot....The residence had good positive attitudes and were very helpful.Makes our job much easier and this put a big smile on everyone's face when they drove too and from the line everyday and night
thanks for putting up with us

LOL!!! Funny photo! Hard to be funny with so much at stake!

Thanks for your courage and dedication, oli!:)

as if on schedule my fire has blown-up. It seems as if there is a new fire that has erupted. I am betting that it has crossed the river I mentioned but the smoke is so thick I cannot get an accurate triangulation on it. There is ash coming down, just the light stuff at the moment

Stay safe Erudne, Holla if there is anything we can do.

I just got back from recon of the Willamina fire, and it looks like it's 10 miles West (as a crow flies) of our place.

Containment is estimated for 23 August.

The wind is shifting from humid-Westerly, to dry-Eastertly to night.

They aren't asking for any more civilian support; a logging firm has doers and tankers on site to help.

SRJ, thank you for the offer Sir, same offer from me if you ever need it.

Stay safe Erudne, Holla if there is anything we can do.

I just got back from recon of the Willamina fire, and it looks like it's 10 miles West (as a crow flies) of our place.

Containment is estimated for 23 August.

The wind is shifting from humid-Westerly, to dry-Eastertly to night.

They aren't asking for any more civilian support; a logging firm has doers and tankers on site to help.

SRJ, thank you for the offer Sir, same offer from me if you ever need it.

I just returned from an out of state vacation (Alaska). Heard about the Willamina Creek Fire while away.
It was pretty close to our place (I'm on Willamina Creek Rd, and it's North of us). Not a good feeling to be so far away and read about the fire.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top