JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
well the fire boss brought in several choppers including 2 Blackhawks, they worked a good 3 hours then went home.
Boss says no more choppers and will rely on a hose line/dozer to contain the 29,000 acre fire. I expect the fire to jump a major river if the wind rises to 20mph.

Erunde, anything you need?
bag of money and a fast car?:rolleyes:

11AM:
fire boss also sent home some crews from outa - state this morning. The whole area is smoked in, the cowboys went up again, despite the feds trying to kick em out, and are having a hard time due to thick smoke AND intense fire activity in their area, those radios are saving lives now.
Suddenly helicopters are showing-up again.
Remember I predicted that the fire would jump a major river, (which is in a 500 yard wide canyon)? I think that will happen before sunset if the wind hits 20mph (no wind yet today). Heading to Site #1
Remember I predicted

Boy guys. I live in Canyon City, Oregon. Friday was easily one of the worst days of my life. I'm a Sheriffs deputy and was on duty when two fires blew up and took out nearly 30 homes in the space of about 30 minutes. It roared down both sides of 395. We barely had time to get every one out. Had it been the weekend and more folks would have been home. I shudder to think. I'll post a video of the fire coming down to my house. 20 hour days of continuing evacuations, firefighting and community impact. I'll post details when things settle down.

Last Edited:
dito s0101.gif

Add me to the list; the fast-moving fire North of Willamina has spread to 80+ acres. The Eastern edge of the fire is @ 9 miles West of my A/O.

Winds from the West are reading havoc.

I'm not liking this Chalan fire! My granddaughters other grandparents are up there! He's very old and frail! We hope they're ok!

Prayers for all that are in their paths.

Back when Logging was open and people had access to the forest lands there were maintained roads and the fires could be fought quickly. Now the roads are overgrown and closed access to so many areas, about all there is, is Air assault and that is not near as effective as boots on the ground and quick access for making fire breaks. Much of the dilemma today you can blame on those that love owls and rodents over people and the sellout of most of our lands to foreign investors that close the lands up to the people here.
Prayers to all those in harms way. Remember who put them there.

Oregon Department of Forestry assumed command of the fire last night; the local RFDS were simply out-gunned, but fought bravely.

100 acres/5% contained.

The area seems to be dotted with clear-cuts..helping to slow this monster to a jog. If it jumps Willamina creek and heads into the Sheridan watershed, we will probably begin a load out because it's solid timber.

For now, Im gonna refill our two 250 gallon totes and check out the pressure-washer.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top