JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We've been on the edge for weeks. Thought I'd lost it three weeks ago and was spared. Two more close calls since. Went over two weeks ago and volunteered for nine more days. Still have active fire on the place next to me.

Today's map:
Removed TMI

It feels a lot like having your balls in a vice that is slowly being tightened. Four days ago I tried to get every hot spot out between me and the road above. There is still active fire there today...

My place two weeks ago.
1-021_zpspuknwgpq.jpg

Thick duff and old stumps keep it alive. Wind will flare it up into the timber. I'm pretty sure we'll be dealing with this until the snow and probably have a few flare-ups next spring like it did with the Tripod fire years ago.

1-Fire%20082_zpsbcwn8krw.jpg

I've been very lucky and blessed. Some of my neighbors have not.
1-Fire%20136_zpsxtaiuim5.jpg

1-Fire%20B%20043_zps056kwqry.jpg

9-7%201630%20fire%20map_zpsg8lb7eii.jpg

Last Edited:
I'm very happy that you did not suffer any further lose. Now get busy and cut down those dead trees before they fall onto something valuable, get a carbide chain for your saw and have it sharpened before you use it!o_O
I would suggest you ask the NFS if they have any native grass seed they can give you, also research food plants that may thrive in that area as well as any plant that would draw rabbits, deer, elk to your hidey-hole:oops:

BTW my fire is, barring further wind storms, essentially extinguished

Smoke On The Water?

Turns-out the fire, which had been contained for several days has re-started in the area which it originated, days after it was put-out and weeks after it burnt the same area to ash.........
Remind me to tell you about the Crony BS I saw in the 2008 Cold Creek fire that sucked a 100K outa your pocket book!o_O

Smoke On The Water?

Turns-out the fire, which had been contained for several days has re-started in the area which it originated, days after it was put-out and weeks after it burnt the same area to ash.........
Remind me to tell you about the Crony BS I saw in the 2008 Cold Creek fire that sucked a 100K outa your pocket book!o_O
Less than 24 hours after the fire boss closed-up shop and all assets were pulled-out the fire has , once again, flared-up only a few hundred yards from where it began, near a road, visible for miles around. A Chinook chopper flew by @3PM but it's water bucket was not deployed, it could have put the fire out with one or two buckets of water but then what's another 10-20,000 acres of ash and polluted rivers? What difference does it make now?

Walrus Fire is less than two miles from my property in Klamath County. Trailer and car are all loaded up but now I am worried I won't be able to get in to property so I may cancel trip. I have a few more hours to decide.

Less than 24 hours after the fire boss closed-up shop and all assets were pulled-out the fire has , once again, flared-up only a few hundred yards from where it began, near a road, visible for miles around. A Chinook chopper flew by @3PM but it's water bucket was not deployed, it could have put the fire out with one or two buckets of water but then what's another 10-20,000 acres of ash and polluted rivers? What difference does it make now?
Some of those chinooks have internal tanks that are a lot bigger than the buckets.

https://fireaviation.com/2017/03/23...r-tanks-being-used-in-two-ch-47d-helicopters/

Walrus Fire is less than two miles from my property in Klamath County. Trailer and car are all loaded up but now I am worried I won't be able to get in to property so I may cancel trip. I have a few more hours to decide.
My property lives to fight another day. The fire never came over the North side of the mountain. Helicopters were dumping water on it Friday, Saturday it was quiet.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top