JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just returned from an out of state vacation (Alaska). Heard about the Willamina Creek Fire while away.
It was pretty close to our place (I'm on Willamina Creek Rd, and it's North of us). Not a good feeling to be so far away and read about the fire.

I must have passed your house yesterday; looks like most of the homes would get a level 3 evac-order before the fire crosses Springer Mtn. Not sure which side of Canada Creek the fire is on...was no sign of recnet truck-traffic on FS14.

Anyone using foam retardent on their homes? There was a company that sold a kit. Some are putting sprinklers on their roofs and blocking off the roof and eve vents. What are the best ways to neutralize the embers floating around?

fire still spreading, a spot fire burnt 500 acres of bug kill in few hours yesterday while jumping into a new drainage, winds pushed the fire away from river for now, seems I'm safer now than I was when this fire started

For less than 100 bucks you could run some pvc water pipe to the roof and put some regular lawn sprinklers up there. Just keep the roof wet and turn them on full bore when you see stuff floating around.
I would keep the undergrowth wet also,weeds and all.It would be hard to keep enough water on the trees to help but keep the lawn and roof wet

Thanks for shipping me all the smoke today Oathkeeper!
I'm at around a 700' and can hardly see a quarter mile. Please let us know if this ba$tard starts to blow up again, or if any of you near there needs help.

Heh, will do.

I'm at 1,190 and visibility is @ 1\2 mile or so...when I normally have line of sight to MTs Jefferson and Hood. Smoke is pouring through the gorge like the Missoula floods..:eek:

Looking like Sunday evening until the wind shifts.

I'm in NE PDX and the smoke is thick as he77! Shooting right out of the Gorge! The wife and I both have headaches and our eyes are on fire. If you watch outside for a few seconds, you'll see some ash floating down. Good luck to all of our members out there!

The smoke here in the valley is horrendous. about a qtr mile visibility where we live. Low pressure sucked it all out of East side of Oregon.

yeah the head aches are what hit me hardest last week. the smoke is thick here and the wind is in my face :s0150:.
I was out side using a shovel to bring in some water to the property this afternoon, spraying thistles, no wind then, just smoke!
I could sure use a beer or 3 today :s0059:

yeah the head aches are what hit me hardest last week. the smoke is thick here and the wind is in my face :s0150:.
I was out side using a shovel to bring in some water to the property this afternoon, spraying thistles, no wind then, just smoke!
I could sure use a beer or 3 today :s0059:

If you can wear them the N95 paper masks keep most of the particulate crud out of your lungs.
Hard to wear in hot weather though.

M17A1 has a drinking tube.....:D

My beer would go stale before one was delivered!
On a serious note:
Smoke is thick
Sun is hot
Since Sunday another 10,000 acres has burned, all choppers have been pulled from the fire due to smoke. The fire will not be fought on the ground due to rugged terrain.
A 'Plan' to start a back fire is in the works, it may burn another 10,000 acres.
Irrigation water for livestock seems to have been cut-off to certain areas in the 755 SQ MI fire district.
The blame for this fire can be laid directly at Patty Murray's Birkenstocked feet

Last Edited:
2B87C75400000578-0-image-a-24_1440490124474.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews