Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Anti-gun advocates threaten Olympic shooter, family with death !!

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Chee-to, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Chee-to

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

Anti gunners seem to be a violent lot...

US Olympian Corey Cogdell has found both herself and her family to be the target of death threats via the social network site Twitter.

As posted on Michelle Malkin's conservative leaning website Twitchy.com, the 2008 Beijing Bronze Medal winner and current member of the 2012 USA Trap Team has a number of threats posted on Twitter due to Cogdell's fondness for hunting.
    l
    Various posters attacked the Eagle River, Alaska native with the following tweets:

From @LuluLevy -- @CoreyCogdell So you like killing animals? I hope you suffer a long, painful death. I trully do.

From @TaschaB13 -- @CoreyCogdell pity the bus didn't crash. You are a waste of oxygen and an embarassment to the human race.Karma is a bubblegum.

From @marijos888 -- @CoreyCogdell F**k you! [Self-censored.]

From @Konejira -- @CoreyCogdell please go shoot yourself in the knees. YOU ANIMAL MURDERER!! you're a disgusting human being.

From @angel_alexaa -- @CoreyCogdell kill yourself please !

From @NeSaLeaKapusta -- @Animal_Justice @coreycogdell What a f***ing waste! WTFIs wrong with ppl?cruel!! These ppl need to be shot deheaded and posted on a wall

From @mikkitto -- I really hope the olympic games do something about this murderer @CoreyCogdell sad, so sad maybe she needs to feel a shoot to understand

From @pablito_honas -- @CoreyCogdell I hope that someone someday shoot your whole familly just practicing.

According to Twitchy's website, their purpose is to "mine Twitter to bring you 'who said what' in U.S. politics, global news, sports, entertainment, media, and breaking news

Anti-gun advocates threaten Olympic shooter, family with death - Wilmington Conservative | Examiner.com

2. davemata

davemata Spokane, WA Well-Known Member

I would think an olympic marksman would be the LAST person to threaten with death.

3. billgrigsby24

billgrigsby24 Beaverton, Or Active Member

You have to admit, They aren't the brightest bunch... They were born short of common sense.

4. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

Interesting...And some of them have more than a third grade education (but, not much more)!! :nuts:

5. Stickjockey

Stickjockey Corvallis, OR Member 2015 Volunteer

Interesting thought: it seems that just about the only time I hear hateful, violent vitriol like this, it's coming from the ones who claim to be "anti-violence." Just sayin'.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  6. SonicBlue03

SonicBlue03 Snohomish Well-Known Member

Good lord, she was born when I lived in Eagle River. Now I feel old.

7. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Well we all know Twitter and Facebook are for infants only.

8. Burt Gummer

9. accessbob

accessbob Molalla, OR 2A Supporter

Guess I fall into that category. But I mostly use FB just to play my favorite game - Bejeweled Blitz. :laugh:

10. SonicBlue03

Do they even see the irony in making death threats over a person's proclivity for shooting and/or hunting? Tards.

I don't get Twitter, though. Bad enough knowing my life isn't interesting, but the idea of posting 140 character details throughout the day so people all over the world can share in my daily boredom seems a bit narcissistic.

mjbskwim, Burt Gummer, Nwcid and 3 others like this.
  11. Burt Gummer

Self-importance, vanity, ignorance.

12. soberups

soberups Newberg Well-Known Member

I just made a poopy, now I want to Twitter the good news to all my admirers!!

13. billgrigsby24

billgrigsby24 Beaverton, Or Active Member

Wow, That's some cool poopy Sober...

14. SonicBlue03

If I had a Twitter account, it would probably say something like, "Ordered Rifle Dynamics AK today. Come talk S to me in 4-5 months when it gets here. I dare ya!"

Of course, I'd have no followers so I'd be threatening myself. :(

15. BSG 75

BSG 75 Oregon Well-Known Member

Corey's reply to the haters: make my day.

2uhy4y0.jpg

matthew029 and (deleted member) like this.
  16. kamshaft

kamshaft Pisa, Italy Member

I think I'm in love.

17. davemata

davemata Spokane, WA Well-Known Member

She'd be fun.

I've always wanted to learn to shoot trap well.

18. warnerwh

warnerwh Portland, OR Member

I'll bet most of these people eat meat which means they basically paid someone else to kill an animal. Or own leather shoes or wallets or purses. I'm very glad that she came out and said how much she enjoys hunting as it is good advertising to those who don't know anything about it.

19. codezilla

codezilla United States Member

First, we don't know those people. I haven't watched the Olympics this year or in the past. Maybe there was some controversy over this win? Maybe some controversy over wins in the past? Maybe some lucky shot has people bitter? I don't know, but we can't just say this harassment is because she's a gun enthusiast. Are other competitors getting the same harassment? From the same people? If so, that would indicate this is rooted in anti-gun sentiment.

Secondly, only one of the posted comments was actually a threat. I'm a bit ashamed to admit it, but I've wished death on people before. Heck, I've even done it out loud. But everyone should understand there's a huge difference between these two statements:
    - I wish John Doe would die.
    - I'm going to kill Jon Doe.

Third, that chick is hot as the devil. I would definitely buy her a fish sandwich.

Grunwald and (deleted member) like this.
  20. boxer13

boxer13 PNW Active Member

True but its still deliciously ironic that people would wish for the death of another person because said person killed an animal.

Also is that bolded part a euphemism? Or does she just really like fish sandwiches?