JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One opening day , a few years ago....
As me and hunting buddy were setting in our spot over looking a "deer run".....
A nice stream bed with lots of tracks.....

We heard and saw....a whole line of folks in orange vests / jackets / hats and whatnot...
All banging pots and pans....blowing airhorns...yelling and the like.

Needless to say...we left the area without getting a deer.
What bothered the most was the confrontational attitude shown to us by those folks when we were leaving.
Not the smartest thing to do , to someone who is armed...and not happy at what is going on.
Please note that I am not saying we were going to shoot them...or that someone should have done so....
Just sayin' that they were damn lucky we were of the mind that it is better to leave than to reply.
Andy

We heard and saw....a whole line of folks in orange vests / jackets / hats and whatnot...

What bothered the most was the confrontational attitude shown to us by those folks when we were leaving.
Not the smartest thing to do , to someone who is armed...and not happy at what is going on.
Please note that I am not saying we were going to shoot them...or that someone should have done so....
Just sayin' that they were damn lucky we were of the mind that it is better to leave than to reply.
Andy
I cant help but visualize them doing that and them flushing a bear or cougar which attacks while watching above without doing anything to take out the bear or cat... :p

Andy
Did this happen in WA?

RCW 77.15.210
Obstructing the taking of fish, shellfish, or wildlife—Penalty.
(1) A person is guilty of obstructing the taking of fish[, shellfish,] or wildlife if the person:
(a) Harasses, drives, or disturbs fish, shellfish, or wildlife with the intent of disrupting lawful pursuit or taking thereof; or
(b) Harasses, intimidates, or interferes with an individual engaged in the lawful taking of fish, shellfish, or wildlife or lawful predator control with the intent of disrupting lawful pursuit or taking thereof.
(2) Obstructing the taking of fish, shellfish, or wildlife is a gross misdemeanor.
(3) It is an affirmative defense to a prosecution for obstructing the taking of fish, shellfish, or wildlife that the person charged was:
(a) Interfering with a person engaged in hunting outside the legally established hunting season; or
(b) Preventing or attempting to prevent unauthorized trespass on private property.
(4) The person raising a defense under subsection (3) of this section has the burden of proof by a preponderance of the evidence.

If there was ever a prime example of a kook who needs to be arrested and guns taken this is it. The Cops answer was "open an investigation? WTF? The kook if not arrested is going to find out bringing her hand gun to a gun fight with people hunting with rifles is going to lead to a FAFO big time.

If there was ever a prime example of a kook who needs to be arrested and guns taken this is it. The Cops answer was "open an investigation?
I certainly agree with this sentiment and as a hunter myself I am NOT on her side but it's possible she may have not actually done anything (yet) she could be charged with.

She was on another piece of property, not trespassing, and it was not determined if she was in fact shooting AT the hunter. I realize in the article the guy says:
"She knows who we are," Page said. "And she's still shooting at us."
but the video only shows her in fact firing one shot into the air.

I agree this should be enough to as a minimum warrant an arrest, to at least get her out of the area, and take the gun away but apparently this was not the case.

I certainly agree with this sentiment and as a hunter myself I am NOT on her side but it's possible she may have not actually done anything (yet) she could be charged with.

She was on another piece of property, not trespassing, and it was not determined if she was in fact shooting AT the hunter. I realize in the article the guy says:
"She knows who we are," Page said. "And she's still shooting at us."
but the video only shows her in fact firing one shot into the air.

I agree this should be enough to as a minimum warrant an arrest, to at least get her out of the area, and take the gun away but apparently this was not the case.
I would say her actions count at least as brandishing and threatening, possibly assault with a weapon.

Certainly reckless behavior with a gun (whatever local law covers that).

If the state has red flag laws, she is a demonstrable candidate for application of those.

I would say her actions count at least as brandishing and threatening, possibly assault with a weapon.

Certainly reckless behavior with a gun (whatever local law covers that).

If the state has red flag laws, she is a demonstrable candidate for application of those.
I had no idea you could do what she did ANYWHERE and not at min, end up arrested. That video makes her the poster child for red flag laws. If that kook does end up shooting someone? You know the jurisdiction that let this go will have a lawyer at their door next day saying get out your checkbook.

Andy
This is a prime example of someone not too smart who needs to look at that FAFO scale. They "assumed" that being responsible hunters you would not hurt them. They were literally taking their lives in their own hands. There is a few hot heads who would have had no problem hurting them. Few years back couple hunters got killed this way. They found a guy hunting on private property and made it clear to him he had to leave. He did, then shot them both from a distance. Those kooks harassing you guys are going to find out the hard way that not everyone will not hurt them if they keep doing that crap. Some amazingly stupid people running around.

This is a prime example of someone not too smart who needs to look at that FAFO scale. They "assumed" that being responsible hunters you would not hurt them. They were literally taking their lives in their own hands. There is a few hot heads who would have had no problem hurting them. Few years back couple hunters got killed this way. They found a guy hunting on private property and made it clear to him he had to leave. He did, then shot them both from a distance. Those kooks harassing you guys are going to find out the hard way that not everyone will not hurt them if they keep doing that crap. Some amazingly stupid people running around.
Yep...
They were stupid....and....lucky.
Good thing I like being a free man....:D
Andy

Yeah, the world is going mad more and more by the day, and not a whole lot we can do about it. It is not just individuals, but whole countries and cultures. These seem to be group psychoses, and you would have to fix basically everyone all at once to have any hope of curtailing the problem.

So why not just embrace it? To that end I am now opening up crowd funding for my new game show called "Woke, Crazy or Possessed?", a panel type show where a group of rotating "experts" evaluates an incident and comes to a determination about the individual perpetrating the incident. We will pull contestants from a few key expert groups like political commentators, mental health professionals and paranormal investigators then let them argue about root causes of the behavior in question. The twist is that at the end of each episode the host finds that everyone is correct, because they are all the same thing!

I take cash or check, minimum of $5 and your name will be in the credits for one episode for each $5 you donate.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top