JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Medical malpractice is responsible for, depending on the study, top five or top ten causes of death in Americans.
250,000 a year die from bad treatment or no treatment by the medical community, biggest killer in the nation now.

You are more apt to be killed by a medical profession than a robber with a gun.

If one specific race would quit committing felonies, 80+% of the prison population would disappear. The last criminal justice figures I read indicated that 80+% of violent or serious felonies were committed by a group comprising less than 12% of the overall population. Perhaps that is changing with the influx from south of the border(?)
And here I thought that high percentages of POC being incarcerated was due to "systemic racism". /sarc

A little perspective is needed here. If even one child dies by ANY means that is a tragedy. Sometimes I feel it is rather pathetic to margenalize an individual's death by reducing it to numbers, as did the American Academy of Pediatrics, but numbers are the focus here, so be it...
TRIGGER WARNING: I am going to write about numbers. (OMG!!!)
Putting aside all the previous comments about how to properly categorize population groups by age, or whether a gun is responsible for individual action (it is not), let's just focus on the gross numbers of "pediatric" firearm deaths. The gross numbers look rather miniscule over the sample four-year period compared to population size. The number of people 19 and younger in the United States is approximately 82 million. This means the total number of firearm deaths for that population in 2018 was only 4.1 thousands of one percent. In 2019 also 4.1 thousands. In 2020 it was 5.3 thousands. In 2021 it peaked at 5.8 thousands of one percent. To put this in perspective, I weigh around 200 pounds. If I lose 5.8 thousands of one percent of my total weight that amounts less than a fifth of an ounce, far less weight than I lose by getting a haircut. Not exactly freaking out in response to this study by the American Academy of Pediatrics.

Not sure anyone touched on this yet, but how many of those "children" were shot (righteously or not) by police? How many were shot righteously by a citizen defending themselves?

If the effort were not to "skew", these should obviously have been gleaned from totals.

There's lies, damned lies, and statistics.

-Mark Twain
Damn statistics don't get people riled up enough, so bidenomics decided to add 18-19 year olds to the 'children' in 2020 - thus the 50% increase to scare the sheeple into believing their warped narrative and get emotions high. You can never argue emotion with facts so the libterds rely on emotion to drive their agenda - world domination.

I saw a study years ago that made a pretty good case as I recall that some suicides genuinely wouldn't have occurred except for the existence of guns. Not most. I think it was about a third of them. Don't remember the ref or even nature of the data. I think some factors involved were that most methods of committing suicide are perceived to take much more preparation, involve pain or extreme discomfort, or more fear, or can be interrupted. Basically, suicide by shooting yourself in the head is imagined to be doable on the spur of he moment, taking no elaborate prep, painless, and irreversible. (Actually more people live from shooting themselves in the head than one would think, adding brain damage and sometimes paralysis to their problems. But people mostly don't know that.)

Many suicide attempts by drug misuse or overdose, by comparison, require special knowledge. Too little and you don't die. Too much and you may vomit drug up. The death can be agony. Or dying of convulsions, very much aware as you drown in your own vomit. And there may be hours during which someone may find you before the effects are irreversible. I knew a college student who as a HS student had tried to kill himself by running hose from exhaust of car to interior. His parents came back before he died. He spent months in a coma and years in physical therapy learning to walk and talk again with his damaged brain. As for jumping, there aren't that many places that are good to jump from. And you might chicken out. And if you try to wrap your car around a tree you might live, maimed, scarred, and maybe paralyzed or missing one or more limbs.
As someone in the business, that's poppycock. You can jump off a bridge in Portland spur of the moment a lot easier. I am not going to give locations, but I know a lot. I could give a lot of easy ways that are pretty much foolproof. I could tell you what works and what doesn't, and unfortunately, as a psych nurse I have lost a lot of patients over a decade. Overdose is generally a poor choice. And other than fentanyl, the other most successful medication would be a surprise to most. I have read literally thousands of suicide plans, and I have reviewed what does and does not work. Guns generally are fairly lethal. I know several more lethal ways. (I have spent a lot of time thinking about this as I have had to professionally countermand it.) I am not going to discuss it on an open forum. But where there is a will there is a way. And I know many, many ways. And some people survive everything, including multiple foolproof ways via who knows what. I have had people shoot themselves with a 12 gauge in the head and administer 1000s of times of lethal doses of poison and survive.

There used to be a section of bridge in Portland that had no fencing and was known as suicide bridge. So many suicides occurred there. Thankfully fencing was put up there which has reduced its usage I have heard.

One thing to remember is the highest suicide nations in the world have generally banned guns. It doesn't end up helping

There's a reason the Vista Bridge in Portland is known locally as "suicide bridge."
For (a portion of) our high school prank, we constructed a life-size dummy (with a mannikin head for realism) and hung him off the Vista Bridge.

The boring morning commute was spiced up a bit for motorists. :)

I do not believe or trust any numbers that NBC comes up with anymore.
So reading the above 16 posts I never saw any numbers other than percentages, so saying something was up 41% means nothing. It all depends upon the underlaying data. We all know that the categorizing of certain types of death also matters. I don't care what race or color someone is, it really doesn't matter except by those who hope/continue to try and divide us.

I had a friend who committed suicide. I found out that he had attempted to do it before, but stopped. This time he did it in such a manner that no one could stop him nor could he save himself once started. I believe that if someone is suicidal they will try again until the deed is done. The day before he & his wife were discussing moving out to the lake and a new house. Next day he was dead.

My point is that suicide is not an accidental thing. It is deliberate. if guns are all locked up, there is always hanging, poison or a car crash. Guns are not at fault in that. But then honesty in the facts have never been important to some people in our society.
But but but guns was made to kill with,
says progressives

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews