JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
The practical solution would be to talk about guns on a gun forum. The discussions on vaccines look about as science based and intelligent as an 8th grade classroom in West Texas (where they still think the planet is only a few thousand years old and teach it). All I see getting done is members turning on each other, because science is drowned out by political conspiracies and joke "science."

The practical solution is to not expect real science talk or medical advice on a gun forum.
Take your own advice and spend your time elsewhere.

The practical solution would be to talk about guns on a gun forum. The discussions on vaccines look about as science based and intelligent as an 8th grade classroom in West Texas (where they still think the planet is only a few thousand years old and teach it). All I see getting done is members turning on each other, because science is drowned out by political conspiracies and joke "science."

The practical solution is to not expect real science talk or medical advice on a gun forum.
And how would you implement that?

Seems like religion is a big no on the rules, I don't see why uneducated medical advice couldn't be added to it. I somehow doubt all the science based talk shown as "fact" is coming from any real doctors. Now sure how gun forum members equals valid medical advice. But you're right why not take medical advice from the same guy who posts conspiracy theories, seems like a smart thing to do.

How come people talk more about vaccines then guns on a gun forum is a better question. What makes anyone educated enough to discuss the science or medicine with authority? Why does a gun forum produce so much medical advice? Does anyone here have a PHD in medicine?

Seems like religion is a big no on the rules, I don't see why uneducated medical advice couldn't be added to it. I somehow doubt all the science based talk shown as "fact" is coming from any real doctors. Now sure how gun forum members equals valid medical advice. But you're right why not take medical advice from the same guy who posts conspiracy theories, seems like a smart thing to do.
Do you really think that a forum this old hasn't hashed all of that around several times already? The truth is you have no idea. You saw your chance to talk down to a bunch of people you don't know and you jumped right in. In defending your plea for unity, you've stooped to insults, which pretty much tells us all we need to know about you.

How come people talk more about vaccines then guns on a gun forum is a better question. What makes anyone educated enough to discuss the science or medicine with authority? Why does a gun forum produce so much medical advice? Does anyone here have a PHD in medicine?
Deflection. Classic.

If you keep this up, people are going to think you're just another troll come over here to stir things up. If you're not interested in talking about vaccines then don't. Bottom line, get back in your lane.

Yea, we don't need any preaching.
We know the Kool-aid is there so why deign you think otherwise?

Do you really think that a forum this old hasn't hashed all of that around several times already? The truth is you have no idea. You saw your chance to talk down to a bunch of people you don't know and you jumped right in. In defending your plea for unity, you've stooped to insults, which pretty much tells us all we need to know about you.

Deflection. Classic.

If you keep this up, people are going to think you're just another troll come over here to stir things up. If you're not interested in talking about vaccines then don't. Bottom line, get back in your lane.
What makes you think I'm gonna listen to anything you say? What's your authority here?

Actually, there are several members who do, and even they are confusticated by all the lies, misdirection, and MSM sourced "Facts"

So you're speaking for them. I see. I look forward to hearing from the medical doctors.
What is it your looking for here, absolution that you know everything and the rest of us are all stupid?

Climb down off your high horse and actually join the discussion, or not, but your divisive posts bring absolutely NOTHING useful to the threads!

What is it your looking for here, absolution that you know everything and the rest of us are all stupid?

Climb down off your high horse and actually join the discussion, or not, but your divisive posts bring absolutely NOTHING useful to the threads!
I don't think anyone is stupid, but unless you have a medical degree you have no place to be speaking from a place of authority on vaccines and giving medical advice.

My horse is normal height where we expect people to have degrees when they speak about science and medicine from a point where they give medical advice. I'm not gonna lower my standards. You are welcome too. ,

beyond medical advice, I don't really care what one chooses to do with themselves. But coming to a gun forum of all places and claiming to know better on vaccines or medicine without a degree does not make that person look smart at all. You gonna take medical advice from a guy on a gun forum?

I don't think anyone is stupid, but unless you have a medical degree you have no place to be speaking from a place of authority on vaccines and giving medical advice.

My horse is normal height where we expect people to have degrees when they speak about science and medicine from a point where they give medical advice. I'm not gonna lower my standards. You are welcome too. ,
And you do?

So, basically, what your telling us is we should swallow the whole Covid box car full of lies, simply because your buddy Doctor Fauxi is a "Real" Dr. And the test of us ain't, and we shouldn't be making important decisions on our own, based on solid researched facts, got it!

So, basically, what your telling us is we should swallow the whole Covid box car full of lies, simply because your buddy Doctor Fauxi is a "Real" Dr. And the test of us ain't, and we shouldn't be making important decisions on our own, based on solid researched facts, got it!
Nope, I'm telling you it looks and sounds silly when a bunch of gun enthusiasts try to sound authoritative on science and medicine when they should stick to what they know, guns. I dont care what you believe about all that, doesn't bother me one way or the other. But when recent and new covid threads far out weigh gun threads on a gun forum, it looks like the focus is lost on guns and been replaced by wanna be doctors.

1. A degree does not necessarily make one educated.
  2. Several forum members are MD's and nurses
  3. Many like myself have worked in the medical field for 20+ years
  4. It's noteworthy just how much our national medical experts have changed their minds on nearly a weekly basis on COVID.
  5. Authority does not necessarily mean you are correct. None of us you wildly accuse would accept authority without question. Perhaps that's your real issue?

Last Edited:
  1. A degree does not necessarily make one educated.
  2. Several forum members are MD's annurses
  3. Many like myself have worked in the medical field for 20+ years
  4. It's noteworthy just how much our national medical experts have changed their minds on nearly a weekly basis on COVID.
  5. Authority does not necessarily mean you are correct. None of us you wildly accuse would accept authority without question. Perhaps that's your real issue?
I don't have a problem with any of your points, I still retain my opinion.

Status

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top