JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Remember this classic photo:

Screenshot_20221007-004300.png 20221007_124433.jpg

I am happy to say I have gone from looking 11 months pregnant to maybe 3 months. Belly fat is a stubborn thing to get rid of. I have given up on obtaining ripped abs but will soon begin to rebuild my body. At 51, I will be fighting age related barriers but hopefully I have a couple of decades left on this planet to work on it.

This weekend, I will post a current pic in same spot and same pose so you can see what a 70ish pound weight loss looks like. I wasn't expecting loose skin and I had hoped the belly fat loss would have been greater but being skinny fat is probably healthier than being fat fat.

In the next couple of weeks I am going to be replenishing myself with healthy food and drink and then the hard work will begin. I lost a lot of lean body mass along with the fat. I also lost a lot of strength. I am going to take full advantage of my new gym membership and get that lean body mass and strength back. This thread is where I will keep track of my progress for the rebuild.

Last Edited:
Do some rowing helps put on muscle quick if you use enough resistance.

I went to the gym last night and put in 35mins on cardio machines. I will be heading back there this morning before meeting some NWFA members for classified deals. I snagged this bag of organic squashes for $1 from freddys last night. Their .88 a lb grapes were about cleaned out so I bought a pathetic looking bag of red grapes. The produce guy said they would be getting more grapes in today. I am going to try using these squashes in some veggie stir fry for lunch or dinner today. I am feeling much better today than I was yesterday.

20221008_042850.jpg

If your trying for lean mass and since you've got a great place to begin with high protein would seem to help with that.
Or does high protein cause problems for you?

I recall you were trying to find the correct method of eating for you to achieve your goal.

I got in my cardio this morning splitting firewood. I had to split some big Oak rounds into pieces small enough to lift onto the hydraulic splitter, using wedges and a 10 lb. sledge hammer. Then I used the splitter on about a 1/4 cord of oak that I could lift.

Well that was embarrassing. I did 140 push ups this morning over about an hour time period. I was feeling good and went to the gym and did about 45 mins of cardio. Then I went and ran errands. So far so good. I was feeling frisky so I decided to make a second trip to the gym and try lifting some weight. I figured I might as well expand on my chest workout from the push ups. Both flat benches were occupied so I took the incline bench and loaded up 50 lbs of plates (2x25lb) to get warmed up. I did 5 reps and knew that I wasn't going to be able to add any more weight and get 5x5 done. I barely got the bar on the racks on my 5th rep of 5th set. Meanwhile the teens on the flat bench to my left had 140lbs of plates on the bar and were doing at least 5 rep sets.

I decided I am going to head back over to my moms place and build up my strength on the old weight bench before I try lifting around others at the gym. Gym workouts will be reserved for cardio for the time being.

Last Edited:
The advice he gives is extremely restrictive and not something I could maintain. I do plan on moving in the direction he recommends. Cutting back on fat, dairy (especially cheese) will be the most difficult. The foods he recommends are cheap so it should fit well in my $3 a day diet.

I read a short opinion piece the other day regarding SEAL training. It made me think what a putty I have been whining about "suffering" through weightloss, politics, economy, personal finances, family life, etc. Truth is I don't know what real suffering is and probably never will.

The take away from the opinion piece is I need to quit whining grow a pair.

A Man,

Congrats!

My husband made a BIG POT of beef stew with good veggies in the pot.

All homemade. He did trim the beef a bit. It was on sale at WINCO or COSTCO. I CRS now where he bought it.

Anyway, if you lived next door, I would give you a BIG BOWL of his beef stew! It is delicious. I appreciate my husband's cooking too!

Take care and go slowly with your exercises if you are just starting out.

Dancing around your house is good exercise for you too. Plus swimming!

Sincerely,

Catherine
PS: Even if you can't make it to the gym or swim - try to EXERCISE every single day no matter what type of exercise that you choose to do. MOVE!

The guy is correct. The training Special Forces go through is NOTHING compared to the real deal when their life is on the line. Meanwhile back home we have people who have had an extremely easy life running around talking about how the country they live in sucks. A LOT of them should be put on a one way ticket to a real crap hole and told they can't come back for 6 months. Would be fun to see how many of them run back to some protest to tell everyone who will listen to them how bad they have it here? 🤬

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads