JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Now to start the panic going again, wife comes home, tells me the Wally down from us is closed. Sign says they had so many employee's out with china flu they are closing the store till next week. So this will get even more people to panic now and start to strip the shelves of the next store down the line and the panic will grow. After years of this its as if nothing has happened. Fun to watch I guess. Damn frustrating to go to the store and see it looking like its closed as there is nothing there any more. Jeff should be able to buy another rocket soon with the money he is making off this panic.

I'm ready. I've got like a month's worth of decent food now, just waiting for the next shenanigans. I've actually gotten some tips from the preppers.

I'm ready. I've got like a month's worth of decent food now, just waiting for the next shenanigans. I've actually gotten some tips from the preppers.
We have always kept a good supply of "stuff" just in case we ever get the good shake we will see one day. It just irritates me to stop at the store for something simple, and nothing is there. We just got a good hard freeze. I went looking for some icemelt to replace what I was using and of course shelves were stripped. So ordered another 5 gal bucket from Jeff. When it came today I was wondering what the hell is in this box, heavy as hell. It was the 5 gal bucket packed in a cardboard box o_O. Much as I dislike Jeff and his political ideas the damn guy is nice to have. Middle of summer when its triple digits you can still buy an AC unit. Middle of winter when all iced over you can still get icemelt. No wonder he can afford his own rocket :s0140:

We have always kept a good supply of "stuff" just in case we ever get the good shake we will see one day. It just irritates me to stop at the store for something simple, and nothing is there. We just got a good hard freeze. I went looking for some icemelt to replace what I was using and of course shelves were stripped. So ordered another 5 gal bucket from Jeff. When it came today I was wondering what the hell is in this box, heavy as hell. It was the 5 gal bucket packed in a cardboard box o_O. Much as I dislike Jeff and his political ideas the damn guy is nice to have. Middle of summer when its triple digits you can still buy an AC unit. Middle of winter when all iced over you can still get icemelt. No wonder he can afford his own rocket :s0140:
Costco has the buckets too. Supposed to last 25 years IIRC.

Costco has the buckets too. Supposed to last 25 years IIRC.
Icemelt? or you mean food? If you mean food I took to laying in that Mountain House while back. Damn stuff is really good for food that should last longer than I will be alive. If you mean Icemelt I did not know that stuff gets old. The bucket I was using when this great freeze hit was all a solid chunk from sitting around for a while but was easy to break up and spread.

Costco finance's Inslee and all things Covid-19
My left eye nearly swelled shut and if I squinted it would actually touch my eyeglasses.

Safe and effective.

Icemelt? or you mean food? If you mean food I took to laying in that Mountain House while back. Damn stuff is really good for food that should last longer than I will be alive. If you mean Icemelt I did not know that stuff gets old. The bucket I was using when this great freeze hit was all a solid chunk from sitting around for a while but was easy to break up and spread.
That's my earthquake food. I also have a month's worth of regular pantry/freezer food. Stuff I would eat normally, but easy to heat over flame rather than microwave. I've heard the Mountain House is really good for something out of a bucket but I haven't tried it.

That's my earthquake food. I also have a month's worth of regular pantry/freezer food. Stuff I would eat normally, but easy to heat over flame rather than microwave. I've heard the Mountain House is really good for something out of a bucket but I haven't tried it.
The mountian house is decent with some bieng pretty darn good and a large selection reasonably priced, i prefer the taste of the peak refuel ( the biscuits and gravy are bomb )when you compare same to same but its a couple bucks more per meal and has a much shorter shelf life and take up slightly more room in the pack but often require slightly less water. Dont forget the deserts too and alpine aire has a couple decent ones.

You are missing a VERY important detail that nullifies this narrative.... There is plenty of trash (even in the NWFA community/2A community) that have ZERO problems with this and have openly espoused their support for forced jabs/quarantine! Sickening, disgusting and infuriating but that is the reality that we face.
The "global scamdemic" scheme of panic and fear has been immensely successful and has turned weak minded people into blithering idiots! It's impossible to stand shoulder to shoulder with a group when members in said group wouldn't hesitate to turn on you in an instant.
The thread is now deleted and shame on me for not taking a screenshot but there was a member who referred to the clean people AKA unjabbed as "typhoid Mary's", which proves how stupid people are regarding a flu bug with a 99 .7% recovery record.
My point is there is no middle ground with somebody who is that deranged and delusional. They are happy as can be living in their warped reality and blame their sycosis the ones who are actually healthy.
I saw those posts, its sad that there are commie gun owners out there.. youre right.. And they turn on you, you better bet they will. People losing marriages,family, jobs and everything its part of the plan to divide.
They plan to take VA insurance away from vets, other insurers denying coverage to the typhoid marys and denying life saving treatments. Lies upon lies, upon lies in the media with a one sided narrative, facebook google twitter all colluding to conceal and misinform and control the narrative, no transparency w/ the initial trial data what a 50- 70yr wait FOIA req; they cant be hiding a damn thing right? 100% safe.
Prominent scientists and independent scientists completely shut off from discussing ' the science'. There is NO accountability or transparency from the administration; constantly flip flopping their position and pushing out smoke and mirror BS data from their pundits, they also love to change the data deleting it or search results and misinterpreting it. Many of the republicans are chicken bubblegums, cant even organize a movement the way the left does with its special breed of tactics LGBTQ BLM ANTIFA and marxism pushed in schools for decades. No spines in them to be found as they are going along with most everything that is being done.. There are very few with some sense, but are outnumbered... They side with the left constantly and are afraid of them.

I saw those posts, its sad that there are commie gun owners out there.. youre right.. And they turn on you, you better bet they will. People losing marriages,family, jobs and everything its part of the plan to divide.
They plan to take VA insurance away from vets, other insurers denying coverage to the typhoid marys and denying life saving treatments. Lies upon lies, upon lies in the media with a one sided narrative, facebook google twitter all colluding to conceal and misinform and control the narrative, no transparency w/ the initial trial data what a 50- 70yr wait FOIA req; they cant be hiding a damn thing right? 100% safe.
Prominent scientists and independent scientists completely shut off from discussing ' the science'. There is NO accountability or transparency from the administration; constantly flip flopping their position and pushing out smoke and mirror BS data from their pundits, they also love to change the data. Many of the republicans are chicken bubblegums, cant even organize a movement the way the left does with its special breed of tactics LGBTQ BLM ANTIFA and marxism pushed in schools for decades. No spines in them to be found as they are going along with most everything that is being done.. There are very few with some sense, but are outnumbered... They side with the left constantly and are afraid of them.
This thread is pretty sad if you guys are already turning on each other and calling each other commies or whatever derogatory term you can think to place on one another to label assumed beliefs. It's not a great look if you want someone's new opinions (which you probably don't), but from someone that doesn't know you all it looks like you don't like each other much and are suspicious of those you share a passion for the 2A with, because they don't fall in line with your particular hard line beliefs. I'd hope this community be above this kind of petty finger pointing and name calling.

This thread is pretty sad if you guys are already turning on each other and calling each other commies or whatever derogatory term you can think to place on one another to label assumed beliefs. It's not a great look if you want someone's new opinions (which you probably don't), but from someone that doesn't know you all it looks like you don't like each other much and are suspicious of those you share a passion for the 2A with, because they don't fall in line with your particular hard line beliefs. I'd hope this community be above this kind of petty finger pointing and name calling.
Derogatory as it sounds, the nation as a whole and many other countries are losing freedom... Hows that hardline? Freedom of speech and freedom of choice amongst other things being jammed down our necks.

Derogatory as it sounds, the nation as a whole and many other countries are losing freedom... Hows that hardline? Freedom of speech and freedom of choice amongst other things being jammed down our necks.
I'm not interested in trying to convince you of anything. Believe what you want. All I know and see on this and a number of other threads is a tow the line kind of expectation or the word commie gets thrown around a lot without much provocation beyond having an opinion that is different then someone else's, usually not in a very serious or unexpected way.

So appeasement?

The next time you want some easy to pack food for camping or such try some. Many stores sell it is smaller packages to give it a try. Its almost as good as the stuff you buy frozen ready to go. Since it will outlive me I started laying in some. Probably never eat it but, if I have to it is good. Wife keeps our extra freezer full of stuff all the time for emergencies, which is why I make sure I have a Genset. Would really tick me off to have it go bad. The "rolling panic" I knew was coming it here now. Wife went shopping and there is mass empty spots again. Eggs was one. The entire section at a large store was gone. People see a store shut down, so they head to another. People see bare spots on a shelf, they buy every last thing on that section even if they have no use for it. So it spreads with the monkey see monkey do syndrome. :s0092: One thing humans are good at is panic. Few nights ago I finally got a night off work. So Wife and I went out to dinner which was nice, on the way home I stopped for some ice cream. Seemed simple enough, had time to watch some tube. Section at a Wally was wiped out. So had to drive to another store. These are certainly first world problems I know. It just irritates me since there is no reason it has to be like this. Some of our stores are starting to look like Russia. 🤬🤬

Picture being made a second-class citizen because you refuse a treatment that is only called a "vaccine" because CDC changed the definition shortly after it came out, is way, way less effective than we were told, is being used against a flue with a 99.97% survival rate, can't compete effectively against a 25-cent parasite treatment and is so poorly tested that the manufacturer insists on total immunity from liability claims. Then throw in over-the-top arrogance from people who blindly rushed to take the damn thing. People are going to be a little testy.

To paraphrase a part of your post, high-roading a group you just joined is not a good look on you. You are correct that you don't know us. What you forgot is that you are in no position to lecture us. So how about you walk the walk. Drop the holier-than-thou virtue signaling and give me a practical solution to the division here over the subject of vaccines. That or stick to talking about guns until you have a better feel for the room.

Picture being made a second-class citizen because you refuse a treatment that is only called a "vaccine" because CDC changed the definition shortly after it came out, is way, way less effective than we were told, is being used against a flue with a 99.97% survival rate, can't compete effectively against a 25-cent parasite treatment and is so poorly tested that the manufacturer insists on total immunity from liability claims. Then throw in over-the-top arrogance from people who blindly rushed to take the damn thing. People are going to be a little testy.

To paraphrase a part of your post, high-roading a group you just joined is not a good look on you. You are correct that you don't know us. What you forgot is that you are in no position to lecture us. So how about you walk the walk. Drop the holier-than-thou virtue signaling and give me a practical solution to the division here over the subject of vaccines. That or stick to talking about guns until you have a better feel for the room.
The practical solution would be to talk about guns on a gun forum. The discussions on vaccines look about as science based and intelligent as an 8th grade classroom in West Texas (where they still think the planet is only a few thousand years old and teach it). All I see getting done is members turning on each other, because science is drowned out by political conspiracies and joke "science."

The practical solution is to not expect real science talk or medical advice on a gun forum.

Status

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR