JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And yet on here several people have laid the blame on Big Pharma and the drugs they push and I don't think they are entirely wrong.

I brought my Flame Suit, so I'll just go ahead and say that the the way the current Republican party (especially the leadership in TX) are responding to these events are the reason we will lose more firearms freedom and why TX is very likely to go Blue sooner than later and the really frustrating thing is this quote;
"Let's fund this (mental health care), let's do it, we'll get the votes."
Because if the current Republican party did this they would almost certainly WOULD get votes and it would have an effect of lowering the number of these murderers and it would help an untold number of children that would never end up being a mass murderer but would still benefit from mental health care.
Except it will never happen because a handful of people have enough money to pay lobbyists and PR firms to convince the current Republican party that taking even a dime more of their money would be a sin, or would at the very least significantly reduce the amount of cash this handful of people funnel into the pockets of current Republican party leaders

Hold up a second and keep those angry fingers away from the keyboard just a little bit longer! I AM NOT saying the current Democratic party doesn't have their fair share of money coming in from a handful of people, and I AM NOT saying that the current DEMOCRATIC party doesn't try to pass laws and make decisions to insure they continue getting cash funneled into the pockets of current Democratic party leaders.
What I am saying that the position of the current Republican party is a losing game in the long term and they (the current Republican party) are selling out the future of the 2a and any long term chance for meaningful political power for short term financial gain
Both parties have a blame in this, they all line their pockets at the cost of Constitutional Rights and society at large. Republicans protect guns and the second amendment because that's all democrats want to go after. You never hear a democrat say, we must find mental health services. Rather they want more gun control…

Both parties should be coming together to put together a viable mental health system to help those in desperate need. But they won't, they'll continue to line their pockets and damned the Constitution, it stands in their way of having more power and more control. After all that's all that really matters to them…

And yet on here several people have laid the blame on Big Pharma and the drugs they push and I don't think they are entirely wrong.

I brought my Flame Suit, so I'll just go ahead and say that the the way the current Republican party (especially the leadership in TX) are responding to these events are the reason we will lose more firearms freedom and why TX is very likely to go Blue sooner than later and the really frustrating thing is this quote;
"Let's fund this (mental health care), let's do it, we'll get the votes."
Because if the current Republican party did this they would almost certainly WOULD get votes and it would have an effect of lowering the number of these murderers and it would help an untold number of children that would never end up being a mass murderer but would still benefit from mental health care.
Except it will never happen because a handful of people have enough money to pay lobbyists and PR firms to convince the current Republican party that taking even a dime more of their money would be a sin, or would at the very least significantly reduce the amount of cash this handful of people funnel into the pockets of current Republican party leaders

Hold up a second and keep those angry fingers away from the keyboard just a little bit longer! I AM NOT saying the current Democratic party doesn't have their fair share of money coming in from a handful of people, and I AM NOT saying that the current DEMOCRATIC party doesn't try to pass laws and make decisions to insure they continue getting cash funneled into the pockets of current Democratic party leaders.
What I am saying that the position of the current Republican party is a losing game in the long term and they (the current Republican party) are selling out the future of the 2a and any long term chance for meaningful political power for short term financial gain

You're caveat is not necessary - at least it shouldn't be.

Both parties are bought off and I don't know if the system can be fixed.

The R's are damn near famous for saying: if a criminal wants a gun they will find one - simply banning them is ineffective.

Yet, here we go (in TN) simply banning guns (for those who have been prescribed a certain med). Just think, such a law also opens the door to no more doctor patient privacy and if the State can get your medical records, why not others?

It's amazing to me that the R's are pushing so hard to lose privacy rights and for what? If crazy people and criminals would get guns anyway, then what have we accomplished?

Tangent: the highest chance for positive outcome is when therapy is used in conjunction with medication - not just one or the other. That said, the group known as "incels" respond remarkably terribly to therapy. This group has the makings for school shooter material and yet all society does (on both sides) is shun them more and more.

This hell is of our own making - and it seems like people are too damn selfish to make the sacrifices needed to better the future. Like, for example, putting mental health services in schools even if it means a bump in taxes.

You're caveat is not necessary - at least it shouldn't be.

Both parties are bought off and I don't know if the system can be fixed.

The R's are damn near famous for saying: if a criminal wants a gun they will find one - simply banning them is ineffective.

Yet, here we go (in TN) simply banning guns (for those who have been prescribed a certain med). Just think, such a law also opens the door to no more doctor patient privacy and if the State can get your medical records, why not others?

It's amazing to me that the R's are pushing so hard to lose privacy rights and for what? If crazy people and criminals would get guns anyway, then what have we accomplished?

Tangent: the highest chance for positive outcome is when therapy is used in conjunction with medication - not just one or the other. That said, the group known as "incels" respond remarkably terribly to therapy. This group has the makings for school shooter material and yet all society does (on both sides) is shun them more and more.

This hell is of our own making - and it seems like people are too damn selfish to make the sacrifices needed to better the future. Like, for example, putting mental health services in schools even if it means a bump in taxes.
So you're saying someone diagnosed with the crazy can/should just tick off the "not crazy" box and get him a gat?

So you're saying someone diagnosed with the crazy can/should just tick off the "not crazy" box and get him a gat?
Don't do the Cathy Newman thing. You're better than that.

1683644094835.jpeg

Bears repeating:
Densley: Every time these tragedies happen, you always ask yourself, "Is this the one that's going to finally move the needle?" The Republican narrative is that we're not going to touch guns because this is all about mental health. Well then, we need to ask the follow-up question of what's the plan to fix that mental health problem. Nobody's saying, "Let's fund this, let's do it, we'll get the votes." That's the political piece that's missing here.
I didn't read the article, but this point bearing worth repeating... I dunno if I buy it, in whole.

Republicans have put bills before congress multiple times that would allocate funding for mental health professions to be placed in every school. The democrats block it every single time.

I DO hear a lot of the party line saying the Republicans do nothing to solve the problem. This sounds like more of the same, when anyone who does a little fact checking would see that steps are in fact being taken and introduced, but the democrats won't even have a discussion on any of it. Giving none of their reasoning for the actions, they simply oppose the bills, walk away, and then accuse the R's of doing nothing... since... the only thing they consider "something" is more 2A infringements.

With that statement it sounds like the author/s are buying into the propaganda machine just a bit.

I didn't read the article, but this point bearing worth repeating... I dunno if I buy it, in whole.

Republicans have put bills before congress multiple times that would allocate funding for mental health professions to be placed in every school. The democrats block it every single time.

I DO hear a lot of the party line saying the Republicans do nothing to solve the problem. This sounds like more of the same, when anyone who does a little fact checking would see that steps are in fact being taken and introduced, but the democrats won't even have a discussion on any of it. Giving none of their reasoning for the actions, they simply oppose the bills, walk away, and then accuse the R's of doing nothing... since... the only thing they consider "something" is more 2A infringements.

With that statement it sounds like the author/s are buying into the propaganda machine just a bit.
The important thing is there are more administrators than students now so if course it begs the question.

The guy was tossed out of the Army for mental health issues (shocker) and goes on to get a license working as a security guard.
He must have been a super turd…..

Makes me wonder what kind of discharge he got or if he was able to apply to have it changed after he was removed from the military.

I've seen several people claiming simultaneously that the shooter is not white because he's Hispanic, while in the same breath saying he shot up white people. But here's the rub: the photos and names I've seen are of Hispanic and Asian people.

So you can't have it both ways - you can't say the Hispanic shooter wasn't white but his Hispanic / Asian victims were.

Facts are facts.

You all be arguing still?

The legacy media has already moved on.

Must not have been the right narrative…

A link to those bills would be appreciated, all I could find is all the times R's voted against increasing funding and just one R bill

when anyone who does a little fact checking would see that steps are in fact being taken and introduced,
Same thing here, curious what steps you are referring to

A link to those bills would be appreciated, all I could find is all the times R's voted against increasing funding and just one R bill
Not exactly on topic, but just briefly....

Just to name a couple of the most prominent, the "secure our schools act" and "protect our childrens schools act" have been introduced and attempted multiple times. Each time, the democrats block them without explanation. Simply, "we oppose".

The first providing funding for on site mental health professions, SRO's and physical hardening of schools.

The second, to simply allow unspent, already allocated covid funds to be used by schools as they see fit. When those funds were allocated by congress the democrats put in a restriction that those funds may not be used by schools for the purpose of school security. The "protect our childrens schools act" is a simple bill to remove that restriction.

I am the best pet owner on the planet of a dog named London. That's true, eventhough I've choked her unconscious more than once.

Control the narrative then you can prove most points. But change a few words and the narrative falls to pieces. Republicans haven't done enough. Democrats (with Republicans cosigning) haven't done anything to quell all mass shootings, especially gang/drug related, which are the low hanging fruit of mass shootings.

Thousands of gun laws haven't stopped these because restricting good people from guns isn't the problem. They are making the wrong people jump through hoops.

Like, for example, putting mental health services in schools even if it means a bump in taxes.

Ya'll actually TRUST school psychologists?

The same consultants that are making big bank by putting millions of kids on Ritalin??????

The same consultants that are telling kids it's ok to believe you are misgendered?

The same people that got a degree in psych to learn more about their own problems??

I think that if there would be more psychs in our schools it would make matters worse!! Psychiatry/psychology IMO is woefully inadequate to address human mental problems and has a very poor track record of doing any good for the folks that are suffering.

Nah, I say again, what we have is a SICK society. We have lost our way and continue to descend into madness and degradation. Nothing will get better until we reverse course.

BTW, I quit my counseling with VA when O'bummer threatened to take away firearms from those veterans that need mental help. Very much unintended consequences from the people with all the answers, eh? (As usual!)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top