JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Look up the list of mass shootings on Wikipedia, then take a few moments and research them one by one.

The vast majority of them happened because of our corrupt/inept Government and legal system.

How is this hard?

That's a nice caricature of a profession you got there.

Someone said something about living in your own realities?
You have in-depth experience with modern mental health theories? My favorite recently is "toxic positivity". Either external or self talk encouraging you to be positive when you experience negative emotions. IE., You shouldn't tell yourself to smile when you are unhappy as a disguise for yourself or to please others. It's inauthentic and causes deep and long term emotional damage. Another IE., when having a difficult life experience you should never tell yourself or others, "It'll be alright", etc.... so the theory goes. You should embrace the negative feelings and experiences and seek professional guidance to resolve the negativity rather than "self soothe" and repress your emotions.

From the handout given, "Toxic positivity causes people to be less successful, more selfish and even more gullible."

So...yeah! Let's talk about people living in their own realities outside everyone elses.

*This was a recent discussion a school contracted mental health professional was having with my elementary grade school granddaugters classroom. One of her parents was present and shared with me. It was interesting doing a bit of research on the theory and all I came up with was.... what a load of crap!! 🤣

Last Edited:
then take a few moments and research them one by one

We all know you got the time.
Aint-Nobody-Got-Time.gif

Clarification please, in what way was "our corrupt/inept Government and legal system" responsable. Not that I totally disagree with the point in general, but still . . .
Not everything should have to be spoon fed. This is a casual discussion forum and not every post needs to be a dissertation to illustrate a basic point or opinion. The more details given the easier it is to pick apart and argue heir opinions though, right?!!🤣

His statement probably has different meaning for different people, but for me, I believe and agree that many of these incidents could have been stopped short if the gooberment was not so inept at enforcing laws already on the books, or so corrupt that they are decriminalizing acts that would be preventative... but they trade public safety for political clout.

It's not rocket science to kinda guess at least some of what he might have been alluding to in his comment, right?🤔:s0155:

You have in-depth experience with modern mental health theories?
My wife is a psychologist in forensics - whose job is to assess criminals (for treatment and to stand trial), assess suicide risk (should someone be moved to suicide watch), and yes - provide clinical services to help these guys learn the skills needed to not recidivate.

I've had every possible test run on me (thrice) and picked up a few things here and there from study help while she was in school.

So…yea…I'd say I have fairly in depth experience on this one.

My wife is a psychologist in forensics - whose job is to assess criminals (for treatment and to stand trial), assess suicide risk (should someone be moved to suicide watch), and yes - provide clinical services to help these guys learn the skills needed to not recidivate.

I've had every possible test run on me (thrice) and picked up a few things here and there from study help while she was in school.

So…yea…I'd say I have fairly in depth experience on this one.
I'm just a layman, but one of my "used to be" mothers is a lifelong soon to retire teacher who I stay in close contact with, my childrens mother is a school teacher/counselor, and one of my daughter-in-laws is also a teacher. The by-product being I get to hear all about the training they receive to implement into their classrooms, the school program theories and practices supposedly to promote good mental health and the in classroom "doctrines" the guest mental health "professionals" are introducing to students.

So I guess when I was commenting, it was more about how developing youth are being instructed, confused and coddled... not those professionals that cater mainly to adult issues, criminals, crisis intervention, etc.

To me, how our children are being indoctrinated with these off the wall "positive mental health" theories and the "life skills" they are being taught during their developmental years is severely lacking in their approach and in large part... a load of hokum. I think intervention counseling is more of the "helpful" type, but in general.... the bill of goods our children are being taught by so called professionals is part of the problem of why we see so many youth confused, delusional, depressed, messed up on pharma's and the like.

To me, It seems a lot smarter to teach children mental health tools that aren't going to have the net affect of being the cause of much of the mental health issues they might face later in their lives.... instead of simply trying to treat them after they've been soo severely messed with that they are unable to cope without professional care.

Maybe a good way to illustrate that is "professionals" advocating and preaching child led parenting... screwing kids up in the first place... then other "professionals" trying to help them after they're "broken".

Last Edited:
I grew up in the age of school paddling. Was it right? Some kids got screwed because there was no due process. I would hate to see it reintroduced under today's mindset, but for a time it did set limits for behavior, accountability and expectations. Hilariously, we still had it in high school. Punishment delivered by the boys coach.

It wasn't considered traumatic. I never heard a kid talk about revenge or shooting up the school, even though several kids had rifles, even in California. Most also had fathers in the home.

Here we go again. Single shooter in tactical attire opened up at a mall. Death toll is up to 9 with 7 others injured. Victims ranged from a 5yr old to a 61yr old. A lone officer on the scene on an unrelated call heard the gunfire... ran toward it and planted the perp.

Job well done, Sir! Thank you for your outstanding service above and beyond the call of duty!

Good guy with a gun stops bad guy with a gun. Again.

With topics like this in the news all the time.
The reality is in my opinion.

We stopped learning compassion.
We stopped empathy and replaced it with uncertainty.
We stopped having value on life.
In reality, we have stopped being a society that was about
community, and love, and kindness and unity.
This has resulted in cognitive confusion, and it is truly the point.
No one knows how to think or feel. As we are taught now
so many ways are is not accepted. Not at home, not at work, not in school.
Is it really a question we are asking, in why we have increased mental illness?
It seems its the only thing, we have built well. When it comes to Humanity.
Is how not to be humane.

A big part is the lines of responsibility have blurred. Who is responsible? They answer had been laser clear for generations. In neighborhoods, in schools, in the home.

Now, government entities have claimed responsibility but has none of the mess to clean up. Then they want to place it back on the parents.

With topics like this in the news all the time.
The reality is in my opinion.

We stopped learning compassion.
We stopped empathy and replaced it with uncertainty.
We stopped having value on life.
In reality, we have stopped being a society that was about
community, and love, and kindness and unity.
This has resulted in cognitive confusion, and it is truly the point.
No one knows how to think or feel. As we are taught now
so many ways are is not accepted. Not at home, not at work, not in school.
Is it really a question we are asking, in why we have increased mental illness?
It seems its the only thing, we have built well. When it comes to Humanity.
Is how not to be humane.
What's this "we" crap, you go a frog in your pocket or something? Dump lump me and mine in any of that.

Some people still have their head screwed on straight. It's getting fewer by the day. Either that or they are just rolling over to avoid conflict and don't want to be singled out as the typical "racist, transphobe, maga, non-ally, or whatever other dumb names you wanna throw at us….

I could give sh!t less. Cause at the end of the day they are just names. I was raised to know truth. Not your "truth" or his/her "truth." I was raised to know what was right and what was wrong. No backing down. I won't take a knee and I won't play in the fantasy land. If that gets me put on some form of outcast list, fired, cancelled or whatever then so be it.

My morals and ethics stand far above any amount of another's feelings, politics, or demands.

People need to stand their ground. Not just on guns but everything that used to be important before this country was tarnished.

I'm currently on vacation outside of the county. Plenty of people from all around the world here and they all say the same thing. America is the laughing stock of the world. No one even desires to come here or looks at us in a good light.

It's pathetic.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads