JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What's this "we" crap, you go a frog in your pocket or something? Dump lump me and mine in any of that.
Sir I speak of Humanity, We as in the human condition.
So yes We.
I'm 60, seen it all degrade over time.
What was us is now , is we.
Just trying to help ppl think of the big picture, bigger then us.
You know, be kinder to each other, build brotherhood.
If one does not see the errors of humanity ways. One will never learn.
You have a great weekend sir.

Look up the list of mass shootings on Wikipedia, then take a few moments and research them one by one.

The vast majority of them happened because of our corrupt/inept Government and legal system.

How is this hard?
9-11 happened because of ineptitude.. I forget the details but a female FBI agent being ignored because A, she was a woman and B, non-whites were being scrutinized are key elements.
Disgraceful.

9-11 happened because of ineptitude.. I forget the details but a female FBI agent being ignored because A, she was a woman and B, non-whites were being scrutinized are key elements.
Disgraceful.
IIRC the woman you are talking about had been trying for years to get better communication and coordination between all the Fed LEO agencies but had repeatedly been told that "she just didn't understand how things were done"

IIRC the woman you are talking about had been trying for years to get better communication and coordination between all the Fed LEO agencies but had repeatedly been told that "she just didn't understand how things were done"
My favorite is when companies hire on people or consultants, state they want a "beginner's mindset" to things…

Then meet each and every critique with "we've always done it this way" as a justification for continued existence of some such process.

I "noped" right out of a company like that in 2016. They ended up laying off their entire marketing department in 2018 or so. They didn't survive covid, selling the business to a competitor in the space.

I have to imagine that anyone who actually starts a position anywhere, but especially in government, who actually wants to enact useful changes…will either leave or have the passion beaten out of them so badly that the incompetence continues.

I didn't know about the lady's story. But it doesn't surprise me.

I do think a lot of people really do need professional care, but many.... I think the whole idea of a bunch of "counselors" and mental health "professionals" are part of the problem. Simply coddling people and reinforcing the idea that's it's okay to entertain your every impulse and delusion.

What many need is just a swift kick in the rear end, told to knock off that crap and learn to regulate yourself!

That's difficult though when they've grown up being fed all the "feelings" mumbo jumbo in school, enabled to not set goals, work or strive for anything and sold a bill of goods that the world is fair, you'll thrive if you always "be your genuine self" and it's unnatural to do anything you don't actually want to do.

Then reality strikes and not many have the personal skills to cope with those realities in a way that they can still be happy. IE., like the kid that loves to play football, but if it's slightly cold out all they can focus on is the fact that they're cold and completely unable to put it out of their minds and just take joy in playing the game they love.

"Feelings" don't control you. How you let them affect you or how you act on them is always a choice.
I get what you are saying. We took our then teenaged daughter for counseling, things took a dramatic turn for the worse. I had to stop payment because nothing was my business as a parent. They wanted me to pay but not be on the hook to resolve things. Just indoctrinate.

But what I was saying was, contrast America up to the 90s to our current predicaments with shootings and other mental issues. Mental facilities in itself won't solve the problems but they do resolve a lot of them.

Disgraceful.

It was a women that hunted down the responsible party.
Alfreda Frances Bikowsky - she was portrayed as a fictional character in the movie Zero Dark Thirty

A6701333-1A17-4D92-8E1B-E4AE904F6DAC.jpeg

I grew up in the age of school paddling. Was it right? Some kids got screwed because there was no due process. I would hate to see it reintroduced under today's mindset, but for a time it did set limits for behavior, accountability and expectations. Hilariously, we still had it in high school. Punishment delivered by the boys coach.

It wasn't considered traumatic. I never heard a kid talk about revenge or shooting up the school, even though several kids had rifles, even in California. Most also had fathers in the home.
I discovered "swats" in Jr. High. We had them in H.S. too, but nobody ever got one. Delivered by either the boys coach or the Principal of Vice. Big ol paddle... with holes in it to get more velocity, "Bend over and grab your ankles!". Ask me how I know.

I had spankings as a kid, and got my hands/knuckles rapped by irate nuns in elementary school; so not traumatic for me either. My wife was raised in an area where all the boys brought their .22 rifles to school so they could go squirrel hunting afterwards; no shootings (of people).

A big part is the lines of responsibility have blurred. Who is responsible? They answer had been laser clear for generations. In neighborhoods, in schools, in the home.

Now, government entities have claimed responsibility but has none of the mess to clean up. Then they want to place it back on the parents.
Part of the Cultural Revolution is to remove the concept of responsibility and then reissue it as an outwardly driven concept for the enemy list.

No one even desires to come here or looks at us in a good light.
Damn border crossers just don't know how bad it is here!!

My favorite is when companies hire on people or consultants, state they want a "beginner's mindset" to things…
I worked 95% of my life in small biz, so when I went to work for a large 501c org involved in lifeflights as their PR and membership rep, I foolishly bought the "We want out of the box thinking" statements given. Nope. I tried it and was brutally punished. What they really wanted was for conformity to give diff results. /rolleyes. After two years I quit on advice of my doc because it was affecting my health. What a bunch of beaches, both male and female!! Sick bastids and the flight people were spoiled as could be. Very sick bunch and according to policy it wasn't supposed ot be that way... but just try and complain... HR laughs at you (and so did big bozz; he was prolly the reason things were as they were)!!! But toxic workplace; if I had only known that was a legal cause for civil action!!

Last Edited:

Then meet each and every critique with "we've always done it this way" as a justification for continued existence of some such process.

I "noped" right out of a company like that in 2016. They ended up laying off their entire marketing department in 2018 or so. They didn't survive covid, selling the business to a competitor in the space.

I have to imagine that anyone who actually starts a position anywhere, but especially in government, who actually wants to enact useful changes…will either leave or have the passion beaten out of them so badly that the incompetence continues.

I didn't know about the lady's story. But it doesn't surprise me.
That's the same reason so many end up leaving the military as well.

Loved my actual "job/work" in the service; hated that every swingin dick with one more stripe than me was a god.
Exactly. I loved the work. Hated the brass and the politics.

Last Edited:
With topics like this in the news all the time.
The reality is in my opinion.

We stopped learning compassion.
We stopped empathy and replaced it with uncertainty.
We stopped having value on life.
In reality, we have stopped being a society that was about
community, and love, and kindness and unity.
This has resulted in cognitive confusion, and it is truly the point.
No one knows how to think or feel. As we are taught now
so many ways are is not accepted. Not at home, not at work, not in school.
Is it really a question we are asking, in why we have increased mental illness?
It seems its the only thing, we have built well. When it comes to Humanity.
Is how not to be humane.
Now come on you're being reasonable! This is of course 100% correct, but "IT'S THE GUNS IT'S THE GUNS IT'S THE GUNS" gets all the play. :confused:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top