JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
...Guns have been available for well over 100 years and these events rarely ever occurred. Yet in the last 20 years, they seem to have become more frequent...

The biggest difference is the huge amount of media attention the shooters get. People that are hurting want everyone to know that they won.

Back in the day it would have been seen as a cowardly act and would have been portrayed as such.

Uh oh, Trump is speaking already on the shooting. The fact that he's already jumping on the media bandwagon is going to be bad news for gun rights. Lest we forget:

5a971809aae605ab008b4594-750-392.jpg

Screen-Shot-2018-02-28-at-8.42.42-PM.png

Trump%20Closing%20Remarks%20at%20Gun%20Control%20Meeting.jpg

Trump+on+gun+control_fc7229_6526507.png

Gun owners don't help the situation when they do stuff like this - guy showed up at the school after the shooting today, carrying a flag, wearing a MAGA hat and....open carrying. Dammit people, why the hell can't gun owners get there's a time and place for certain things, and showing up at a shooting, open carrying, to make a stupid azz political statement is HURTING US. I wish some gun owners could set their own f'ing egos aside long enough to consider the impact that has on the rest of us. Dipsh!t.

Open Carr.JPG

I'd bank more on the lack of good parenting. Too much oversight. Too much social influence (not local more like social media both net and tv) Lack of life experiences, No positive role models, Too much complacency and not enough reform in our brain tanks actually getting people to go and observe to collect empirical evidence in problem areas but rather throwing large sums of money to fix things.

Not to mention the core family is not like it used to be on a broad spectrum. When was the last time you really seen families being involved around the house? Dads teaching their boys to grow up like men working on projects together? Then there falls in the problem of routes and routines. 90% of people stick to the same daily routine it becomes oblivious to them and if something deviates from that they have a tantrum.

Mix that in with a odd issue of victim hood complexes which seem to be evident in most of these reports and cases where its not X's fault Y happened but rather Z's fault, no idea how this came to be so effective but I seriously believe people use it as a escape from reality and thats the biggest problem, REALITY!. People hate seeing or being in it.

The reality of this issue, is that it is a cultural problem. And the reason you wont see the left highlight that as the culprit is that they have been in charge of the culture for the last 30 years. One thing I like to ask gun control activists is this..

Okay, so you want to ban all guns.. fine, campaign for that I guess. But, why not, in the meantime be for protecting our schools with metal detectors, armed teachers/guards? That way you can save kids lifes at least until you have banned all the guns and then there of course wont be anymore shootings.

If you want to stop most school shootings you need to start with the family. Values and respect need to be brought into the home. I am not a religous man but the ten commandments might be a good starting point. A family that supports you will go along way in overcoming problems. I suspect many of these kids that do the school shooting have a crappy home life.

FWIW, I think one of the small facets of this obviously multifaceted issue is that kids these days are constantly surrounded by and being bombarded by external information sources. They are almost constantly staring at a data screen. Whether it's television, computer or cell phone. Given the constant distraction, their focus appears to be entirely external because that's the new "normal". External influences promoting moral character and personal responsibility have no chance of success when the kids aren't given any time to process that information. In place of the television, computer and cell phone, I had chores, a horse, a rifle and a vast amount of acreage, which gave me plenty of uninterupted time to process things in my own head. I think if that was more "normal" these days, a lot of the problems we have wouldn't exist.

Uh oh, Trump is speaking already on the shooting. The fact that he's already jumping on the media bandwagon is going to be bad news for gun rights. Lest we forget:

View attachment 461108

Please note the time of that tweet was back in February. Just checked his latest and only see well wishes and prayers. God bless.

The reality of this issue, is that it is a cultural problem. And the reason you wont see the left highlight that as the culprit is that they have been in charge of the culture for the last 30 years. One thing I like to ask gun control activists is this..

I believe you are the other side of what I was going with. Both your post and mine mesh with each other is that Cultural and Life experiences validate one another.

FWIW, I think one of the small facets of this obviously multifaceted issue is that kids these days are constantly surrounded by and being bombarded by external information sources. They are almost constantly staring at a data screen. Whether it's television, computer or cell phone. Given the constant distraction, their focus appears to be entirely external because that's the new "normal". External influences promoting moral character and personal responsibility have no chance of success when the kids aren't given any time to process that information. In place of the television, computer and cell phone, I had chores, a horse, a rifle and a vast amount of acreage, which gave me plenty of uninterupted time to process things in my own head. I think if that was more "normal" these days, a lot of the problems we have wouldn't exist.

Bingo.

Yep damn shame we didn't get Hilary. Oh well maybe if we bad mouth Trump enough we can get her next time. That will fix this right up for us.
The Obama-era was a golden age for gun sales. Record-breaking levels of NICS checks, innovations like arm braces, bump-stocks, and binary triggers all while he was in the Oval Office.

Now we're in the Trump slump. Remington declared bankruptcy this year. Bump-stocks are banned on the orders of our President. New "fix NICS" national background check bill was passed by a Republican controlled Congress and signed into law by Trump. Republican governors in Florida, Connecticut and Oklahoma are passing gun control laws and vetoing constitutional carry laws.

Hillary is history, Trump is President, and those are just the facts.

Please note the time of that tweet was back in February. Just checked his latest and only see well wishes and prayers. God bless.
There is no way the OP did not know when those were made and under what context. He was like so many gun owners who get liberals elected. This is how OR got Kate. She was not running unopposed. There was guy running against her who many gun owners went after just like the OP went after Trump. Her opponent was not perfect so gun owners slammed him every chance they got. Many of them refused to vote. So they elected Kate. Now they all get to see how well that worked out for them. Gun owners sadly do this same thing on the national stage every 2 years.

I feel that we need to start giving our youth some purpose.

Whether it be work, faith, family, etc.

Without purpose, it is not surprising that they are so willing to commit these acts.

Glorification of these acts by our media is giving these children more purpose to commit these heinous acts then we are giving them to do otherwise.

You guys are going to totally miss the cause of these shootings as the media puts on its show again. It's the schools social order that' killing our kids, victims and bullying that's' out of control.

Site sucks with its spell checker today, the reboot slowed everything to a crawl.

When I was raised the man that I most feared and respected was my dad. That respect / fear kept me and my brothers on the straight and narrow. We did not want to displease him. We had guns all over the house on our old farm and you could go shooting any time I wanted. But with that ability we knew that if we misused those guns we were held accountable. Physical punishment was not unheard of when growing up. Why are the dad's and mom's not holding their offspring accountable. We had guns if we needed them for hunting or defense but to shoot someone was a last chance situation
I think parents are not taking a great enough part in their kids life's and teaching values.

Because usually the dad is not around in these cases. The break up of the traditional family is a huge issue for children today IMO.

The Obama-era was a golden age for gun sales. Record-breaking levels of NICS checks, innovations like arm braces, bump-stocks, and binary triggers all while he was in the Oval Office.

Ya Dems are effective at making people panic buy. If i had money i'd purchase a shop and play 24/7 anti-gun propaganda to increase sales!

They controlled a super majority for one year (president/house/senate) and did absolutely 0, now its suddenly an issue with a republican?

Now we're in the Trump slump. Remington declared bankruptcy this year. Bump-stocks are banned on the orders of our President. New "fix NICS" national background check bill was passed by a Republican controlled Congress and signed into law by Trump. Republican governors in Florida, Connecticut and Oklahoma are passing gun control laws and vetoing constitutional carry laws.

Hillary is history, Trump is President, and those are just the facts.

iirc Remington wasn't doing the best in recent years in terms of quality control and materials used. Word of mouth was to purchase remington pre 2008. As for bankrupt Remington, the Gun Maker, Is Set to Exit Bankruptcy

And the fix NICS, that was scrapped because they tried to attach national reciprocity to it and it just tanked because in order for them to pass more intense background checks they would have had to allowed every ones CHL to work like a drivers license in ALL 50 states.
<broken link removed>

Also that was kept at house only, refer to why Trump keeps calling on congress and dems to act on coming to the table over and over again but these events dont seem to be stopping.

There is no way the OP did not know when those were made and under what context. He was like so many gun owners who get liberals elected. This is how OR got Kate. She was not running unopposed. There was guy running against her who many gun owners went after just like the OP went after Trump. Her opponent was not perfect so gun owners slammed him every chance they got. Many of them refused to vote. So they elected Kate. Now they all get to see how well that worked out for them. Gun owners sadly do this same thing on the national stage every 2 years.
That's why I prefaced those pictures with "Lest we forget", because even though it seems like a long time ago, Trump was in front of cameras on national TV pushing gun control only a couple of months ago after Parkland.

He'll be back pushing gun control again after this latest shooting. And gun owners like you would prefer we just roll over and worship at the altar of Trump, who will be long gone after 4 or 8 years in office.

Reality check: liberals don't control a single branch of government at the national level. Why are you so obsessed with liberal boogeymen like Hillary while Republicans are busy passing gun control laws at the state and federal level?

Schools are WAYYY to lenient on students with behavioral/mental issues. They are so worried about being labled the oppressor that they are hesitant to do anything. What ever happened to being neighborly also. People know who around them is crazy, people need to be willing to do something about it.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top