JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reports now of 8 dead, worse than originally reported. Saw 2 reports that the shooter was using a shotgun and the shots were 'spaced out' - so may not be a rapid-fire AR scenario like the last few.

I can't figure out what's going on in this country. Guns have been available for well over 100 years and these events rarely ever occurred. Yet in the last 20 years, they seem to have become more frequent. It's obvious to anyone with a brain that the presence of guns has nothing to do with this - so what is it? Bad parenting? Schools that focus more on social justice than on education? Devaluing life vis a vis abortion, etc.? Tossing out core morality and replacing it with moral relativism? No more defined right and wrong, only that which you choose to define for yourself?
First off, my thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families.

If the shooter used one of those easily concealable "other firearms" like the Mossberg Shockwave or Remington Tac 14 you can bet that Trump and Sessions will send them the way of the dodo bird and bump stocks.

The media should not put the shooters face all over the place. Give his name a mention and then drop any further glorification of the shooter. The Parkland shooter actually has a fan base trying to send him letters and money in prison, it's pretty damn sick.

Video games and Hollywood movies.
Life is cheap and violence is celebrated and rewarded.
IMHO, this is a huge part of this terrible trend.

That and ZERO personal responsibility. Kids have been raised for decades now to believe that every stupid choice they make is someone else s fault. No consequences for anything until they finally hit the big time. Many of them then sit in a corner in shock that Mom and Dad could not make it go away this time.

The biggest thing to remember here is that Children are VERY impressionable. I recall growing up staying off drugs and being a good boy scout was the message relayed. But what happens when you tell a kid not to do something because its bad or dangerous? Do they not go out and do it to experience some form of independence or life? I recall sneaking out of the house a few times just for the thrill of it because it was a rush. Course you would get caught and a slap on the wrist but it taught you some things in life to carry on growing up that usually your parents would say "see! told ya so" and you LEARNED from it.

Now, its every Adult/Kid has a smart phone equipped and primarily attached to the eye sockets because we haven't figured out technology to embed it safely into people to be like mobile PC's yet. And what is so heavily thrown around in the media lately that could possibly be influencing or "informing" as right/wrong?

What I am getting at here is I am seeing a very similar strategy we applied in the middle east called influencing the next generation. What it is basically is this: Give them pens to inspire democracy. I asked a co worker at an old job was an Afghan immigrant about it and he too confirmed that by the US troops giving kids pens/paper/school supplies etc it would hopefully impact them to aspire towards a better cleaner life style vs picking up another gun and joining insurgents.

Well here in the home land since we have very western impressionable values wouldn't it be great if you could influence the kids to be attached to your teat of info and feeding to influence the next gen of voters?. They already know they have the last few gens to rely upon but need new ways to ensure that the new up coming generations will of course fall in line to support your base and why is it almost always correlated in heavy supplied and owned blue states that seem to have the most use for this...... I wonder....

My other half brought this up after the last school shooting (or maybe the one before, or the one before that, or the one before...): Why the heck does the media use the word "shooter" for someone who should be called a MURDERER. I get the whole innocent until proven guilty thing, but why downplay it. The media is know for sensationalizing everything and yet the term murderer seems like it's off limits.

When I was raised the man that I most feared and respected was my dad. That respect / fear kept me and my brothers on the straight and narrow. We did not want to displease him. We had guns all over the house on our old farm and you could go shooting any time I wanted. But with that ability we knew that if we misused those guns we were held accountable. Physical punishment was not unheard of when growing up. Why are the dad's and mom's not holding their offspring accountable. We had guns if we needed them for hunting or defense but to shoot someone was a last chance situation
I think parents are not taking a great enough part in their kids life's and teaching values.

When I was raised the man that I most feared and respected was my dad. That respect / fear kept me and my brothers on the straight and narrow. We did not want to displease him. We had guns all over the house on our old farm and you could go shooting any time I wanted. But with that ability we knew that if we misused those guns we were held accountable. Physical punishment was not unheard of when growing up. Why are the dad's and mom's not holding their offspring accountable. We had guns if we needed them for hunting or defense but to shoot someone was a last chance situation
I think parents are not taking a great enough part in their kids life's and teaching values.

Yep, mine was less fear but respect. I never wanted to let him down.
Now fear, that was Grand dad, he killed people.:eek:

My other half brought this up after the last school shooting (or maybe the one before, or the one before that, or the one before...): Why the heck does the media use the word "shooter" for someone who should be called a MURDERER. I get the whole innocent until proven guilty thing, but why downplay it. The media is know for sensationalizing everything and yet the term murderer seems like it's off limits.
They could use suspect instead of shooter. I am guilty of this in my recent comment. It is an interesting question, because if the suspect used a knife we probably wouldn't call him the stabber or the slicer. They are now reporting possible explosive devices being involved.

I also think that parents should stop trying to be their kids best freind. IMHO a parent needs to be the task master and leader.

Yep, by the time I was in HS many of us had guns. Kids who had a car would often have one in the car. Either some new one to show off or one to go shooting / hunting with after school. NO ONE got it out at school since we all knew full well what would happen to us. Same reason it was rare to hear of someone shooting at a Cop. You would often see or hear of some drunk or doper getting into a fight with a Cop but, it was always news to hear of someone pull a gun or shoot at one. Simple reason was even the dobads knew what was going to happen if they did. Now many no longer fear this.

Children have always been troubled.

I think a better question is, how did a high school student, who is likely under 18 and clearly mentally disturbed, get access to a firearm?
I know this won't make much sense but these murderers are not always mentally disturbed at least outwardly. There was a Ted talk video about this and it seems that many of these murderers are more evil then mentally disturbed.

Latest report - explosives found both on and off campus - more people being evacuated. Obviously, this is still a developing story in the early stages. I'm trying to reserve most judgment until we know more actual, verifiable details.

Look at the school shooters of the past and determine what the commonality is, I bet yall can't figure out what it is. They all go to school. People have concentrated on the tools the killers use rather than what makes tools em a killer. It's been exposed the kids take psych drugs but fact is those drugs are just another tool in making them a killer. Every shooter has one commonality in that they think they are a victim and lash back with what ever tool they can find.

Its' obvious what creates a killer in the school is the social order that prevails in the schools that makes kids feel like victims. It ain't the tool that kills, it's the hard heart and the schools are building hard hearts because they don't control the social order.

Don't believe it? Look at the focus hate Hogg went on once he became a victim. Look at the marches the schools sent the kids on to focus how they are victims. The schools are responsible for the killings, they make them by the social order they create.

I know this won't make much sense but these murderers are not always mentally disturbed at least outwardly. There was a Ted talk video about this and it seems that many of these murderers are more evil then mentally disturbed.
On the other hand, as we discovered with the Parkland shooting, the murderer in that situation was displaying very obvious signs that he shouldn't have firearms.

We'll see where the cards fall with this latest shooting.

Look at the school shooters of the past and determine what the commonality is, I bet yall can't figure out what it is. They all go to school. People have concentrated on the tools the killers use rather than what makes tools em a killer. It's been exposed the kids take psych drugs but fact is those drugs are just another tool in making them a killer. Every shooter has one commonality in that they think they are a victim and lash back with what ever tool they can find.

Its' obvious what creates a killer in the school is the social order that prevails in the schools that makes kids feel like victims. It ain't the tool that kills, it's the hard heart and the schools are building hard hearts because they don't control the social order.

Don't believe it? Look at the focus hate Hogg went on once he became a victim. Look at the marches the schools sent the kids on to focus how they are victims. The schools are responsible for the killings, they make them by the social order they create.
I would like to know how many of these murderers were on mood meds.

It's for the reason you are thinking--the dirtbag media needs to make the reasons for gun control as scary & horrible as possible, to help good people more easily swallow their lies:eek:

I would like to know how many of these murderers were on mood meds.

Meds are just a tool in the creation of a killer but the biggest part is the social order they run in the schools. Every killer feels he has been bullied and is fighting back. The schools create kids who feel like victims and kill in self protection or revenge. Drugs help remove the moral aspect in it so psych drugs are a tool but the schools themselves run the social order that' getting childeren killed.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top