JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My wife teaches middle school learning disability kids. Almost every one of these kids are products of parents doing drugs, broken homes, lousy parenting, etc. How can a school fix where a kid spends 2/3 of his life, which is away from school?

Its very simple, no matter what turned the kid to victim status the school should find them and help them before they turn to killers. The social order of the schools themselves victimize kids and it's the bullied kid that will kill.

David Hogg knows the answer.

Parkland school shooting survivor David Hogg took to Twitter on Friday to lambast politicians for their inaction on gun violence in the wake of yet another school shooting, this time at Santa Fe High School in Texas. Hogg has been an outspoken advocate for gun control since the February shooting at his high school, Marjory Stoneman Douglas High, in Parkland, Florida.

"Get ready for two weeks of media coverage of politicians acting like they give a s*** when in reality they just want to boost their approval ratings before midterms," he wrote.

Its very simple, no matter what turned the kid to victim status the school should find them and help them before they turn to killers. The social order of the schools themselves victimize kids and it's the bullied kid that will kill.

"Find them and help them."

Get right on that, hoss.

This could not be more true.

Schools hide so much stuff it's disgusting.
They sweep it under the rug so they don't look bad or lose funding

If you look at the problem it's the same, time after time. Media runs their program to point at the guns as the problem but the truth is the schools are not doing enough to keep the social order from creating killers.

And what responsibility does parenting and the family play?

If you look at the problem it's the same, time after time. Media runs their program to point at the guns as the problem but the truth is the schools are not doing enough to keep the social order from creating killers.

Maybe we should arm the teachers? And have tracking devices on the students, and chip implants to monitor violence levels and testosterone boosts? Perhaps we should have a trained psychic in every classroom that can point out "Hey, Joey is thinking of greasing Mr. Roberts tomorrow."

Are you serious right now?

Schools are WAYYY to lenient on students with behavioral/mental issues. They are so worried about being labled the oppressor that they are hesitant to do anything. What ever happened to being neighborly also. People know who around them is crazy, people need to be willing to do something about it.

The left decades ago started forcing public schools to allow all the scum to stay in school. Its for the children after all. When I was in school if you were a screw up they put you in a jail and you went to school there. Few ever wanted to. The few I ever knew who had been there did not wish to go back. Now they fill the class with wastes of air that take up a lot of the time and are just a waste. Again this is done for a reason by the left. They want the results they are getting.

The left decades ago started forcing public schools to allow all the scum to stay in school. Its for the children after all. When I was in school if you were a screw up they put you in a jail and you went to school there. Few ever wanted to. The few I ever knew who had been there did not wish to go back. Now they fill the class with wastes of air that take up a lot of the time and are just a waste. Again this is done for a reason by the left. They want the results they are getting.

Did you perhaps go to school in Soviet Russia...?

Parkland school shooting survivor David Hogg took to Twitter on Friday to lambast politicians for their inaction on gun violence in the wake of yet another school shooting, this time at Santa Fe High School in Texas. Hogg has been an outspoken advocate for gun control since the February shooting at his high school, Marjory Stoneman Douglas High, in Parkland, Florida.

"Get ready for two weeks of media coverage of politicians acting like they give a s*** when in reality they just want to boost their approval ratings before midterms," he wrote.

Killers will always find tools to kill with. Hogg is the perfect example of a victim set to go off by the bullying of the system. He is the kind to grab a gun and kill others over his being a victim. They better watch him close as he is a timebomb.

I don't think placing the entire blame on the modern school system is the right thing to do.

I think there is a lot going on today other than just school.

Our youth is trapped inn the experiment of modern society.

It is apparent that that experiment is not going as planned.

Throw the bullies out and help the kids who are being victimized and the school shooting will stop. Then create a social atmosphere in the schools where kids can enjoy school and learn.

Did you perhaps go to school in Soviet Russia...?
USA, much of it WA State. They did not used to allow you to be a constant screw up in school. If you could not behave enough to stay they would boot you. If you were under 16 you were not allowed to roam the streets thinking, "hey this is cool, I can be on summer vacation all year." So if you refused to behave in school they had juvenile detention places where you guess what? Went to school. Liberals decided this was not fair so they decided you can disrupt class, sit there on your phone, show up when and if you feel like it, then after 12 years hand you a diploma. Many of them can't read that diploma. See what a great enlightened change we have made? We are SOOOO much better off now. After all the way they did it was like "Soviet Russia" Liberals just keep making a huge mess then scream it's all someone else s fault when they make a huge mess. <shrug>

Gotta hand it to the guy, he's exploited the bubblegum out of his school's tragedy. He went from another faceless nobody, to getting book deals and making bank. He'll probably go into politics, he'll fit right in.

A prison system then
Bullies have been around probably as long as there have been kids. Many of is grew up with them. Are our kids that fragile today.

Works just fine for Catholic Schools. They don't ever have shootings, and their SAT/GPAs blows public school clear out.

We had closed campus for a time at Sprague High School in Salem. Kids were speeding through the neighborhood and neighbors complained.. so the admin closed the rear gates. I remember Pizza Hut and Taco Bell brought food carts to campus at lunch. It was fine.

I'm "inconvenienced" every time I have to get on an airplane, but it's for my own good. This is the Post 911 world, the schools need to get with the program.

Upcoming Events

Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top