JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a couple AR's in 9mm and haven't experienced very precise accuracy. The 16" one groups the best at around 2.5"-3" at 100 yards. These were assembled uppers, not exactly premium units but I kind of expected a little better. I'm using scopes with crosshairs, not a large red dot that covers the target. I've used premium ammo as well as jhp stuff, both are comparable. Is anyone getting even close to MOA? I know it's a pistol round but some of my scopes pistols group far better.

Agreed with the above comments. The ballistic properties of 9mm simply don't allow it to be a very accurate round at 100 yards. Minute of man, sure... but nothing like a rifle cartridge. The advantage of a 9mm carbine or AR9 over a pistol is that you can "shoulder" the gun getting a more accurate aim and using an optic that should give you a better visual of the target. The extra barrel length can get you more accuracy depending on the round used.

My 9mm carbines have always been about the same. 2"ish cluster at 50 yards. Never bothered testing groups at 100 yards, knowing that it would be about double that. (4"ish groups).
Seems pretty average.

I was wondering the same thing. I have a Ruger PCC and about the best it will do is 3" at 100 yards too. It's good to know that that's normal for what it is.

If you practice enough, you can become proficient and lethal with a 9mm at 100.
You hear about archers who can drop deer, turkey or coyotes at up to 100 yards.
The lore among one side of my family is a great aunt was a crack shot with either her 22 pistol or the luger that her husband brought back from WWII - easily out to 100 yards. Ducks, geese, rabbits and deer, feeding the family. After a day at the range with my oldest, we were visiting Aunt D at her house, and I was commenting about how good a shot she was, that she didn't get it from me. Aunt D told the story of her mom.
I watched a NRA match at Leni Lenape pistol club in PA. These guys were shooting 1911s, off-hand, single handed at 50 yards in a timed shoot. Many of them had one ragged hole. I was impressed.

Just using the factory iron sights, but my H&K SP5 has no problem with the 6" 100 yard plate consistently and about 50% or so on the 10" plate @ 200 yards...

If you practice enough, you can become proficient and lethal with a 9mm at 100.
You hear about archers who can drop deer, turkey or coyotes at up to 100 yards.
The lore among one side of my family is a great aunt was a crack shot with either her 22 pistol or the luger that her husband brought back from WWII - easily out to 100 yards. Ducks, geese, rabbits and deer, feeding the family. After a day at the range with my oldest, we were visiting Aunt D at her house, and I was commenting about how good a shot she was, that she didn't get it from me. Aunt D told the story of her mom.
I watched a NRA match at Leni Lenape pistol club in PA. These guys were shooting 1911s, off-hand, single handed at 50 yards in a timed shoot. Many of them had one ragged hole. I was impressed.
I shoot 22LR out to 200 yards but each step of the way there is a great deal of bullet drop.
If you become proficient in memorizing drop at different yardage intervals, it's very doable.

I shoot 22LR out to 200 yards but each step of the way there is a great deal of bullet drop.
If you become proficient in memorizing drop at different yardage intervals, it's very doable.
I cant remember how big it is, but there is a big gong at 200 on the .22 range at Tri County...I always have fun gettin' hits in that with my old 22s...definately a challenge with irons, but doable. Was doing that one day with my 69a, guy two benches down was there with a scoped 10/22 and was having trouble at 75yds, he left in disgust :confused:..I giggled.

I have a couple AR's in 9mm and haven't experienced very precise accuracy. The 16" one groups the best at around 2.5"-3" at 100 yards. These were assembled uppers, not exactly premium units but I kind of expected a little better. I'm using scopes with crosshairs, not a large red dot that covers the target. I've used premium ammo as well as jhp stuff, both are comparable. Is anyone getting even close to MOA? I know it's a pistol round but some of my scopes pistols group far better.
I read somewhere on the internet where a guy got 2.5-3" at 100 yards so fingers crossed!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top