JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Recently picked up a new cantilevered scope/mount for my 308 and the cantilevered arm seems to me making too much contact with the picatinny rail. While I don't care for the aesthetics of it touching the pic rail, I'm curious it it would negatively impact holding zero? Thanks for any thoughts or feedback. Pics of mount attached.

6881911D-28FD-4807-AA6F-58A3489A5568.jpeg 5D876123-77FF-4A1C-96DF-24747D7BCAFC.jpeg

Looks like its sitting on the receiver and not the barrel. I would guess it wouldn't but it may be tough on the scope if the recoil impulse bangs against the cantilever.

I run three different cantilever mounts and none do what yours is doing. Only one way to find out if that will have issues. Shoot it.

none of my scopes would work with that one. Any bell to the scope is going to touch as well.

I dont see any point in a cantilever that sits on the rail. Is it supposed to be mounted on a riser?
What brand of mount is that?

Id return it. I wouldnt use it like that.

Update: mounted and it did not improve, still making contact.

Going to promptly return and get a different mount. Not going to risk my $500 optic on this crap-o-la.

Appreciate all the feedback gents!

ps. buy American, folks.

I dont see any point in a cantilever that sits on the rail. Is it supposed to be mounted on a riser?
What brand of mount is that?

Id return it. I wouldnt use it like that.
No riser to my knowledge.. brand is Monstrum, Pro Line no less LOL.

Been eyeballing a Gieselle mount instead. Anyone have any mounts they enjoy? Will be holding a Swampfox Kentucky Long 3-18, on top of an Aero M5…

Monstrum is a budget brand marketed for amazon stores. If your on that kind of budget get a Primary Arms mount, cheap but they work.

A step up in quality without breaking the bank get a Warne mount, around $150.

I have Nightforce, Midwest Industries and Swampfox mounts.
The NF and MWI are 1.93", the Swampfox is 1.6"
The Swampfox will be getting swapped out for a 1.93" as well, most likely a Badger Ordnance, which is just a bit cheaper than a NF or Geissele.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top