JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I only judge people who call them banana clips....

1692831646040.jpeg

Your grandfather is in good company, as numerous firearms and ammunition manufacturers used the terms interchangeably in countless advertisements, parts lists and instruction manuals for decades.

Proof positive that if the message is effectively delivered, the utterances are of little consequence.

If I say, "Sure glad I bought this Marlin Model 62 Levermatic! Now I'm looking for a magazine." Helpful buddies who supply me with sources for that part on the gun might be off the mark, since what I am looking for is the November of 1963 issue of Gun World where the .256 Magnum is featured.

If I say, "Now I'm looking for the clip", everyone on both sides of the conversation knows exactly what we're talking about.

...but some Nervous Nellie will be compelled to interject and correct.

We have to draw the line somewhere. Are we not a civilized society?
View attachment 1475239
:D
How did you know that apostrophe's are my number one pet peeve? I like gun's and all, have lot's of them, and can talk about clip's and magazine's all day, but what really irritate's me is the incorrect use of apostrophe's. No, I don't interject and correct people when they use apostrophe's for plural's, but I really want to! :)

How did you know that apostrophe's are my number one pet peeve? I like gun's and all, have lot's of them, and can talk about clip's and magazine's all day, but what really irritate's me is the incorrect use of apostrophe's. No, I don't interject and correct people when they use apostrophe's for plural's, but I really want to! :)
:mad::confused::eek:💥

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top