JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Am I the only one thinking there appears to be plenty of rail to mount regular xtra high rings?

OP what is your objective size?

Looks like you got the low version for LPVOs. For most scopes, about a 1.5" rise works great on an AR.
Here's a pic with the 1.5 mount, seems to have plenty of clearance, apx 3/4 clearance inch at the objective side

4E903F3F-86E9-41ED-8A1E-F9B5B128AA9A.jpeg

Here's a pic with the 1.5 mount, seems to have plenty of clearance, apx 3/4 clearance inch at the objective side

View attachment 1393737
Nice build.

the thing I dont understand about that Monstrum mount is why bother with cantelevering the mount if they arent going to clear the rail. It would be stronger to move the forward mount right under the forward ring.

anyways, that build deserves a nicer mount.

Nice build.

the thing I dont understand about that Monstrum mount is why bother with cantelevering the mount if they arent going to clear the rail. It would be stronger to move the forward mount right under the forward ring.

anyways, that build deserves a nicer mount.
Thank you, going for a DMR style. It's rocking a nice 20in heavy profile barrel.

I feel like the warne you turned me on to will go perfectly. Next on my hit list is to replace the Amazon bipod…

Looks like you got the low version for LPVOs. For most scopes, about a 1.5" rise works great on an AR.

EDIT: Well never mind then. :oops:
The picture in the OP is the standard 1.50" height, the ultra low 1" is crazy low. A 1.5" is roughly 1/3 co-witness, personally I prefer 1.93" and above for my AR optics. I am going to try a BO C1 1.7" but currently my low end is at 1.93".

50mm objective size, the mount pictured is a 1.5in high mount.
With the relief in the rail, from the picture you posted, you might get away with running plain ole high rings. That would also lower the thing a bit as in that mount it looks more like a chin weld might be needed.

The picture in the OP is the standard 1.50" height, the ultra low 1" is crazy low. A 1.5" is roughly 1/3 co-witness, personally I prefer 1.93" and above for my AR optics. I am going to try a BO C1 1.7" but currently my low end is at 1.93".
A standard A2 sight is 1.365" (200 yards) to 1.465" (600 yards) above the receiver. I like this freedom Reeper
one piece 30 mm mount it is 1.38" above the receiver to get a good cheek weld on the stock. Also has 3.8 " forward
offset to get the scope far enough forward. Nose on the charging handle. No Loctite needed and available
with 20 MOA elevation.
1680275016460.png

Last Edited:
A standard A2 sight is 1.365" (200 yards) to 1.465" (600 yards) above the receiver. I like this freedom Reeper
one piece 30 mm mount it is 1.38" above the receiver to get a good cheek weld on the stock. Also has 3.8 " forward
offset to get the scope far enough forward. Nose on the charging handle. No Loctite needed and available
with 20 MOA elevation.
View attachment 1394462
Why would a scope need to be that far forward? Is the mount specific to a "scout" scope setup?

Not my type of shooting either, as mentioned above I prefer taller mounts for most of my ARs.
Sometimes I wonder if I have some weird short eye relief because Im actually trying to move my scope back a half to 1 inch. Why I ordered the Warne mount I mentioned above its rings are spread out more than my current mount. I also have an BUIS so Im limited on how far back I can put the mount.
I bought a Magpul PRS stock and think the cheek piece doesnt extend forward enough by an inch either.

Sometimes I wonder if I have some weird short eye relief because Im actually trying to move my scope back a half to 1 inch. Why I ordered the Warne mount I mentioned above its rings are spread out more than my current mount. I also have an BUIS so Im limited on how far back I can put the mount.
I bought a Magpul PRS stock and think the cheek piece doesnt extend forward enough by an inch either.
I'm going to change out my Magpul PRS stock and rifle RE for a B5 Systems Collapsible Precision Stock and A5 RE.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top