JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My favorite is the "Knock down power" debate. Funny how you can never get any of those guys to willingly step in front of a 9mm or 380 let alone a wimpy 22 round.:D

And why do they always have the body shape of someone who has wrestled way more twinkies out of their packages than they ever have guns out of anyone's hands. :)

Because this is USA, and it is unpatriotic to be in shape. The ratio of overweight people is larger than those who are in shape. Zombie bait I say!

Here's a good one that just came to mind, the .22LR is all you ever need. Or the guys who claim they would feel comfortable in a defense situation using a .22, because of their ultra-precision skills. I know it can be done, I just raise eyebrows, that's all.

Of course, any gun in the right hands is very effective, but sometimes I feel people blow things out of proportion. However, to set the record straight, I did read a story of a guy in South Africa who took out 3 robbers with a small .22 magnum (not a 22LR ) pocket revolver. That was, of course, after taking a couple rounds himself, but still surviving, whereas some of the perpetrators did not.

Because this is USA, and it is unpatriotic to be in shape. The ratio of overweight people is larger than those who are in shape. Zombie bait I say!

Roadside billboard ad a few years ago: A classic Area-51 'Grey" Alien figure shown with text > "When they come, they'll eat the fat one's first"

This is not actually something people say as much as it is something people are, but I hate it when you see these guys that are "revered experts" in tactical skills with firearms who have never been in any real job or any life life situations where they actually practiced what they preach (or should I say sell) to other people. They are usually just glorified fiction writers who somewhere along the line forgot they are writing fiction. And why do they always have the body shape of someone who has wrestled way more twinkies out of their packages than they ever have guns out of anyone's hands. :)

HEY Have YOU ever tried to open those Twinkie packs without putting down your Slurpee??? That plastic can be tough. Luckily due to my Ninja/SEAL/Ranger/Recon Marine skills I can do it with my teeth. For 14.95 I can send an instructional tape..sorry only available in Beta.

"Well, I've converted nine Saiga .308s, and I've converted one to accept FAL mags."

I then asked if he was a part of Saiga-12.com (The Forum) because there are a TON of guys who'd like to see a WORKING (By that I mean reliable) Saiga .308 converted to accept FAL mags, I wasn't being sarcastic or skeptic in the least, I was genuinely interested. He then told me he was "Too busy for that stuff"..
I said, heck just shoot me an email I'd love to see the pics, I'm a Saiga .308 fanatic..

He changed the subject.

The Saiga .308 is my pride and joy. I own three, (Trying to sell/trade) one for a new Christmas toy, but I'll end up with 5 by the end of next year.
(Unless .308 ammo prices go absurdly high)
But I stay on top of ALL new products for the Saiga rifles, projects people have attempted, as well as any potential BETA testing.. if someone has done it I would have known.

It just made me a little steamed. Why pretend? (Perhaps to talk down the price?)
Who knows, I COULD (Fat chance) be wrong, but in the event I am.. Heck, I'd still love you see pics!

Seriously, someone prove me wrong!
Even if I look like a tool by jumping to conclusions,
I'll get to see some neat pics of a Saiga .308 with a FAL mag!
Its a win win for me.

"I've seen 17HMR bounce off an animal skull, 22mag is far superior" another favorite is " 223 for deer thats crazy,way to light, I use a 30/06 becuase it alway drops animals in thier tracks." or "well I cant shoot at paper very well but I can hit deer at any distance you can see one"

Back to absurd gun stories. I love it when people tell me that shooting someone with a 380 is not going to do anthing. I always offer to let them prove thier point by me shooting them Im yet to have a taker

+1

I was quite happy to carry my dad's .380ACP Walther as my back-up gun in NI. Loaded with 7+1 90gr Winchester JHPs it sure as **** wasn't going to bounce off a forehead when fired from my side of the car to the other - the contingency for which it was carried if my Browning P35 and three 20-round magazines and a H&K MP5K had somehow let me down. Unless, of course, the first person who opined that it would knows better.

tac

That would go over well with her, don't ja think?:s0132:
Dave

It should, I think it's in the Bible after all!

Anyways, as far as absurd statements from gun forums go, I've always thought the statement "If I ever get into a gun fight, I hope my enemy is shooting a .32acp because I am gonna be shooting back with my .45!" was kinda silly.

Copied directly:

It is called a flashlight. Why would anyone mount a light of any kind on a firearm? It is like saying here is my face shoot it off. Hold your flashlight away from your body in one hand and your pistol in the other.

This is an example of terrible advice that someone wrote on a forum one day and it got circled around by inexperienced people who thought it made sense.

Another that makes me laugh is "I need a gun for when the SHTF!"

What exactly are we talking about? The collapse of American society into a Somalia type hellhole ruled by armed warloards? Where you stand alone to defend yourself against roving bands private piratical militias?

Someone actually thinks this will happen so soon that they need a gun NOW? Definitely one of the stupidest things i've ever heard.[/QUOTE]

everybody knows what it means, its when 90 percent of the population turns into zombies

Another that makes me laugh is "I need a gun for when the SHTF!"

What exactly are we talking about? The collapse of American society into a Somalia type hellhole ruled by armed warloards? Where you stand alone to defend yourself against roving bands private piratical militias?

Someone actually thinks this will happen so soon that they need a gun NOW? Definitely one of the stupidest things i've ever heard.
everybody knows what it means, its when 90 percent of the population turns into zombies

I think everyone's version of SHTF is different. Mine is economic collapse due to inflation (which looks plausible). In that scenario, burglaries, robberies and abduction would be so rampant, having a few guns around is smart insurance.

I think everyone's version of SHTF is different. Mine is economic collapse due to inflation (which looks plausible). In that scenario, burglaries, robberies and abduction would be so rampant, having a few guns around is smart insurance.

Very true.

Anyone who laughs about the need for a SHTF gun has never been in an area after a natural disaster.

I witnessed it first hand after hurricane Andrew.

I've read the accounts of hurricane Katrina.

The facade of civil society is a really thin layer. It only lasts 48-72 hours at best for the unprepared.

When something like that happens, it's too late to go out looking to buy a gun. You better have it before the storm hits.

SHTF doesn't always mean Red Dawn or Zombies.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top