JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"When the SHTF, I'm grabbing my M4gery, 20 mags, my 1911 and 20 mags, my mossberg 500 and 300 rounds, my 10/22 with 10,0000 rounds, 3 gallons of water, 15 MRE's, my Ka-Bar....." 300 pounds in their ALICE pack later they're holed up somewhere in the mountains taking on the zombie hordes and going to win!! Then they post of picture of themselves and they have the body shape of a hershey kiss! LMFAO!!!

"The one that always gets me is "The Goverment is going to take your guns away.":s0114:

they did it during Katrna!!!! so don't be laughing to loud!!!

Well! Is my face red!:eek:

Of course, all the guns were returned to the rightful owners and then the "Disaster Recovery Personal Protection Act of 2006" was passed preventing such a thing from happening again.

So there's an even less chance of the Government taking your guns than there was just a few years ago.

Well! Is my face red!:eek:

Of course, all the guns were returned to the rightful owners and then the "Disaster Recovery Personal Protection Act of 2006" was passed preventing such a thing from happening again.

So there's an even less chance of the Government taking your guns than there was just a few years ago.

I should take this as sarcasm right? :s0131:

I hope so... Not only were the guns removed at a time when they were needed most, most were returned to their owners as rusted hulks. Also, any law can be suspended whenever a national emergency is declared.

Keith

I don't really think the govt is coming to take my guns away, but at least get your facts straight.

<broken link removed>

A lot of the guns still remain in government hands, because they require proof of ownership (hard to do when your house has been flooded).

"The one that always gets me is "The Goverment is going to take your guns away.":s0114:

they did it during Katrna!!!! so don't be laughing to loud!!!

The governor of North Carolina was prepared to seize all arms from the citizens of her state during the hurricane. So much for the right to bear arms in a crisis. I say, if the government ever makes a decree to strip the citizens of their constitutional rights, they must stand up and fight! I wish my relatives in Eastern Europe would have done that before being rounded up and sent to death camps.

OH yeah, some may think what I just said is just another funny gun forum rant. :p:p

The one that always gets me is "The Goverment is going to take your guns away.":s0114:

You have a better chance of getting hit by lightning before government agents enter the home of law abiding citizens and forcibly remove legally owned weapons.

Another that makes me laugh is "I need a gun for when the SHTF!"

What exactly are we talking about? The collapse of American society into a Somalia type hellhole ruled by armed warloards? Where you stand alone to defend yourself against roving bands private piratical militias?

Someone actually thinks this will happen so soon that they need a gun NOW? Definitely one of the stupidest things i've ever heard.

I think the LA Riots are a fair example of a SHTF scenario.

The governor of North Carolina was prepared to seize all arms from the citizens of her state during the hurricane. So much for the right to bear arms in a crisis. I say, if the government ever makes a decree to strip the citizens of their constitutional rights, they must stand up and fight! I wish my relatives in Eastern Europe would have done that before being rounded up and sent to death camps.

OH yeah, some may think what I just said is just another funny gun forum rant. :p:p

The Jews in Europe went from 0 to unarmed in a few years. I'll keep my firearms just in case. No one could have envisioned the disarmament that happened in New Orleans and the surrounding areas.

It may very well never happen that the government comes and disarms us. It may never happen (and God willing it won't) that we would ever need our guns in a SHTF scenario. But if its okay with you, there are those of us that were scouts, and in the spirit of "always be prepared" I'll keep my guns and ammo on hand and continue to train to become more proficient with them.

The one that always gets me is "The Goverment is going to take your guns away.":s0114:

You have a better chance of getting hit by lightning before government agents enter the home of law abiding citizens and forcibly remove legally owned weapons.

Another that makes me laugh is "I need a gun for when the SHTF!"

What exactly are we talking about? The collapse of American society into a Somalia type hellhole ruled by armed warloards? Where you stand alone to defend yourself against roving bands private piratical militias?

Someone actually thinks this will happen so soon that they need a gun NOW? Definitely one of the stupidest things i've ever heard.

So I guess your plan is to go out and get a gun are guns right before (or right AFTER) the SHTF? And then find the ammo as you go along and sometime in there become proficient? SHTF scenarios come in all different shapes and forms.

Back to absurd gun stories. I love it when people tell me that shooting someone with a 380 is not going to do anthing. I always offer to let them prove thier point by me shooting them Im yet to have a taker

This is not actually something people say as much as it is something people are, but I hate it when you see these guys that are "revered experts" in tactical skills with firearms who have never been in any real job or any life life situations where they actually practiced what they preach (or should I say sell) to other people. They are usually just glorified fiction writers who somewhere along the line forgot they are writing fiction. And why do they always have the body shape of someone who has wrestled way more twinkies out of their packages than they ever have guns out of anyone's hands. :)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top