JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From talking to one of the House reps, the permitting implementation doesn't need to start right away. In fact, that's one of the reasons the Dems let SB348 go away. It was pretty much a feel good victory for Knopp and his gang, since it really didn't mean anything. Right now, the permitting requirement of HB2005 doesn't go into effect until Sept 1 of 2024. I would suspect the Dems have a plan for passing an implementing bill to coincide with that date. However, since M114 passed, it is law right now. Anything could happen.

Personally, I'm going to keep up the attacks on the Dems, and make it as hard as possible for them to function around the Prozonski scandal. I'm sure his replacement will be just as corrupt, but that doesn't mean we should make it easy for them. Send Senator Brian Boquist an email asking how you can help out in the effort.
Prozonski scandal? That's news. What is it?

Prozonski scandal? That's news. What is it?
Oregon law says you can't serve in two branches of government at the same time, i.e., separation of powers. In violation of the Oregon constitution, Prozonski is a public prosecutor and was also sworn in as a Senator. The elections office was aware of the conflict, but hid information from the public and let him run anyway. Both the Oregon Supreme Court and the AG have ruled that serving in both branches at the same time is a violation of the Oregon constitution.

Prozonski was the 16th vote on several bills this session, so those bills should not be allowed to become law. Unfortunately, HB 2005 and 2002 were not among those.

Again, Brian Boquist has a filed complaint with the SoS. You can get hold of him at the email address above to get a copy to submit yourself. Anyone can submit a complaint so it's worthwhile for all of us to get onboard and sent the complaint to the SoS, and also to media so it can become part of public record.

Is this it ?
Article II

Section 10. Lucrative offices; holding other offices forbidden. No person holding a lucrative office, or appointment under the United States, or under this State, shall be eligible to a seat in the Legislative Assembly; nor shall any person hold more than one lucrative office at the same time, except as in this Constitution [sic] expressly permitted; Provided, that Officers in the Militia, to which there is attached no annual salary, and the Office of Post Master, where the compensation does not exceed One Hundred Dollars per annum, shall not be deemed lucrative.—

or
Article III
Section 1. Separation of powers. The powers of the Government shall be divided into three separate branches, the Legislative, the Executive, including the administrative, and the Judicial; and no person charged with official duties under one of these branches, shall exercise any of the functions of another, except as in this Constitution expressly provided. [Constitution of 1859; Amendment proposed by H.J.R. 44, 2011, and adopted by the people Nov. 6, 2012]

Is this it ?
Article II

Section 10. Lucrative offices; holding other offices forbidden. No person holding a lucrative office, or appointment under the United States, or under this State, shall be eligible to a seat in the Legislative Assembly; nor shall any person hold more than one lucrative office at the same time, except as in this Constitution [sic] expressly permitted; Provided, that Officers in the Militia, to which there is attached no annual salary, and the Office of Post Master, where the compensation does not exceed One Hundred Dollars per annum, shall not be deemed lucrative.—

or
Article III
Section 1. Separation of powers. The powers of the Government shall be divided into three separate branches, the Legislative, the Executive, including the administrative, and the Judicial; and no person charged with official duties under one of these branches, shall exercise any of the functions of another, except as in this Constitution expressly provided. [Constitution of 1859; Amendment proposed by H.J.R. 44, 2011, and adopted by the people Nov. 6, 2012]
Both. He was also the16th vote on multiple bill in the Senate, in violation or Or Const Art IV, Sec 25, making the bills passage invalid:
Section 25
(1) Except as otherwise provided in subsection (2) of this section, a majority of all the members elected to each House shall be necessary to pass every bill or Joint resolution.

From talking to one of the House reps, the permitting implementation doesn't need to start right away. In fact, that's one of the reasons the Dems let SB348 go away. It was pretty much a feel good victory for Knopp and his gang, since it really didn't mean anything. Right now, the permitting requirement of HB2005 doesn't go into effect until Sept 1 of 2024. I would suspect the Dems have a plan for passing an implementing bill to coincide with that date. However, since M114 passed, it is law right now. Anything could happen.

Personally, I'm going to keep up the attacks on the Dems, and make it as hard as possible for them to function around the Prozonski scandal. I'm sure his replacement will be just as corrupt, but that doesn't mean we should make it easy for them. Send Senator Brian Boquist an email asking how you can help out in the effort.
Well said. Thank you for the information

Oregon law says you can't serve in two branches of government at the same time, i.e., separation of powers. In violation of the Oregon constitution, Prozonski is a public prosecutor and was also sworn in as a Senator. The elections office was aware of the conflict, but hid information from the public and let him run anyway. Both the Oregon Supreme Court and the AG have ruled that serving in both branches at the same time is a violation of the Oregon constitution.

Prozonski was the 16th vote on several bills this session, so those bills should not be allowed to become law. Unfortunately, HB 2005 and 2002 were not among those.

Again, Brian Boquist has a filed complaint with the SoS. You can get hold of him at the email address above to get a copy to submit yourself. Anyone can submit a complaint so it's worthwhile for all of us to get onboard and sent the complaint to the SoS, and also to media so it can become part of public record.
Thanks for the info. I have emailed Sen Boquist regarding this. Any effort I can put forth that may make Prozanski's life less enjoyable will be worth it.

Now, on to the mags. Buy 'em while you can... :)

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews