JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah.. most folks probably already figured that one out. Have family order em and reship em.... or just use a mail forwarding service. Nothing illegal about it.

For hard to find mags that's probably more viable, but "standard" types... there are still so many places shipping to OR it's often not cost effective even if you end up paying just slightly more than the "best price available"... but won't ship. Do the math and see.

I still prefer paying slightly more with a company that's on the ball than put money in the pockets of those slacking off and upholding a non-existent ban, but YMMV.
Very true. But if 114's mag ban is implemented, later it won't be about cost. It will be all about "how do I?"

Sig and Mossberg also not selling mags over 10 rounds to Oregon. SHAME ON THEM!!!
Lots of places have not been selling 10+ mags to Oregon for months now. The intent of the initial post was to highlight that there are some companies who are also not selling 10- OR LESS mags to oregon- meaning you cant buy any mags, even the 10 round restricted ones. The way the law is written, it techincally blocks any mag that can be altered to potentially accept more rounds than designed, and so that would include most of the less than 10 round mags, if they have a removable baseplate. So basically almost every semi auto pistol or rifle that takes mags . . .

While there are lots of places not selling 10+ mags to Oregon, there are some outlets not shipping/selling firearms in general to Oregon. Cheaper Than Dirt is one that is not selling/transferring ANY firearm to any Oregon.
I was hunting for a certain firearm, the ONLY place that had one in stock was Cheaper Than Dirt. I tried to order but my FFL was not recognized. I asked on-line and was told the 10 round limit...i pointed out that the rifle was less than 10 rounds (7), then they finally admitted they are not selling any firearm to Oregon...would be nice if they posted that info online at their website.

While there are lots of places not selling 10+ mags to Oregon, there are some outlets not shipping/selling firearms in general to Oregon. Cheaper Than Dirt is one that is not selling/transferring ANY firearm to any Oregon.
I was hunting for a certain firearm, the ONLY place that had one in stock was Cheaper Than Dirt. I tried to order but my FFL was not recognized. I asked on-line and was told the 10 round limit...i pointed out that the rifle was less than 10 rounds (7), then they finally admitted they are not selling any firearm to Oregon...would be nice if they posted that info online at their website.
Cheaper than dirt are bottom feeders. Doesn't surprise me.

Sig is still shipping high cap mags to Oregon.

As well as themagshack.com

Mag shack is my go to at the moment as they ship fast and use priority mail which gets here quick.

Last Edited:
It's just me and I am not trying to be arguing. Kali and Washington both had mag bans before 114 was voted on. For months before the vote everyone knew Oregon is a liberal state for 114 to even get on the ballot.

Just saying that if a man didn't take the time to keep up with gun politics then he shouldn't be surprised he can't buy stuff now. We had months to buy what we wanted and now folks are mad at out of state companies not breaking the laws to send us contraband.

Folks should be thinking about what's next.

It's just me and I am not trying to be arguing. Kali and Washington both had mag bans before 114 was voted on. For months before the vote everyone knew Oregon is a liberal state for 114 to even get on the ballot.

Just saying that if a man didn't take the time to keep up with gun politics then he shouldn't be surprised he can't buy stuff now. We had months to buy what we wanted and now folks are mad at out of state companies not breaking the laws to send us contraband.

Well... the gun industry doen't just shut down with no future firearms entering the market or changing hands between folks. New guns need new mags.

And in all fairness.... it's pretty understandable people might be a little peeved due to one very salient fact. There IS no active law in OR making it illegal for them to ship into the state. There won't be for any time within the next half a year... at the very least... and more likely to never be enacted.

So... no mfg is breaking any laws to sell lawful products in a state in which they are legally allowed.

Just sayin.... "that" is the crux of the frustration.

Apologize for the thread drift but if you live in WA be careful! Totally felt like I was being setup by Inslee/Ferguson gestapo today. 2-3 times!
Check background posts on newbie's that are wanting to buy your firearm in WA. Especially pre ban high capacity. Not worth
ruining your life over.
Don't honestly know what else to tell you but please refuse to give into their schemes. They are allowed to lie as cops and get away with it. Sorry bastards.
I respect police not gestapo Nazi mf'ers.
Yep paranoid.

Well... the gun industry doen't just shut down with no future firearms entering the market or changing hands between folks. New guns need new mags.

And in all fairness.... it's pretty understandable people might be a little peeved due to one very salient fact. There IS no active law in OR making it illegal for them to ship into the state. There won't be for any time within the next half a year... at the very least... and more likely to never be enacted.

So... no mfg is breaking any laws to sell lawful products in a state in which they are legally allowed.

Just sayin.... "that" is the crux of the frustration.
I can see and understand the viewpoints you make, truth and well spoken.

Looking at the manufacturer side after 114 was passed it becomes a big risk to sell to Oregon.

Liberal states would love to take down the manufacturer and gun products shippers.

Every purchase would be recorded on a credit card site as evidence for later trials.

Plenty of free state to sell to, why risk fighting the commies ?

Like I mentioned I think earlier in the thread, I agree with you that if someone did not stock up on standard cap mags before all this madness, then that is on them. Of course the exception there is either those that dont have the funds, which there are many and stocking up on mags with little notice can get expensive, or those that just got to the age where they could purchase. However the big thing that caught me off guard was not businesses blocking 10+ mags, but also blocking the sale of mags with LESS than 10 rounds. I was keeping up on the new laws/114, and I as well as many others did not realize that we also would not be able to buy less than 10 round mags, if they had a removable floor plate etc. Basically any semi auto mag.

Not to mention that many of these companies were fully aware of the stay/hold put on the law, and still refused. Unlike companies like PSA, which did the exact opposite- and actually prioritized/put oregon residents to the front of the line. There are other companies that did this too, just maybe not as publically. Family Firearms rushed a shipment for me, went out of there way to help. Meridian Defense, from which i had a Pestilance AK on order for almost a year ago, rushed and put me ahead by several months to get me my AK since none of us knew if the law would go into place or be stayed. Really appreciated what they did to rush it to me, as a year ago when i ordered it of course i had no idea this would happen. That is how you win me over as a customer. . ..

I can see and understand the viewpoints you make, truth and well spoken.

Looking at the manufacturer side after 114 was passed it becomes a big risk to sell to Oregon.

Liberal states would love to take down the manufacturer and gun products shippers.

Every purchase would be recorded on a credit card site as evidence for later trials.

Plenty of free state to sell to, why risk fighting the commies ?
I guess it boils down to the fact that being part of the 2A support supply chain and what they are, effectively, doing is saying, "there may be a mag ban in that state some day so we are preemptively stopping all sales".

The same could be said of any state. Even those without active litigation or measures in the pipeline. We see all the time a bill being introduced, passed and signed into law within just weeks.

If anything... in OR... it's a sure deal they have at the very minimum at least 6-7 months of legal sales potential. There is zero exposure risk to them to do so. Legal is "legal"... until it isn't.

Our rights being constantly under attack... it's disheartening and stings a little more to see supposed "2A supporting" suppliers working against our freedoms as well.

To me 114 is a deadly snake that will bite any manufacturer that gets close. It's not just that they could be breaking the law but they open themselves up to the court system.

Suppose Midway sends a bunch of mags to a man who uses them in a school shooting? Midway would be deep pockets and hung out to dry. Today's courts can't be counted on for justice for the most part and I wouldn't risk selling to Oregon.

Along about April when the credit card companies start tracking ammo sales, I suspect the data will be stored for a future purpose. o_O

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top