JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was reading the Cerberus Training Group and I will post the URL:

https://cerberus-training.com/

Scroll down until you see the "WASHINGTON STATE MAGAZINE BAN" section. I am not a LEO but I took the basic AR training class from Steve back in 2018 and I learned a lot of useful information.
That's a good response to the mag ban, but I wonder how they will do with the AWB? Technically they just lost all out of state customers.

how are they checking?
I've me several Oregonians with ARs over at my neighbors shooting on his range in clark co
As I explained twice already, if you are seen at a public place with an AR and Oregon plates, that's probable cause that you violated one of two laws.

As I explained twice already, if you are seen at a public place with an AR and Oregon plates, that's probable cause that you violated one of two laws.
and I violate Washington law every time I buy an appliance at Home Depot in Oregon and drive it home
I'm seen in public with an appliance in the back of an open truck, coming from oregon and no one has ever pulled me over
are they checking at Washington gun ranges for Oregon plates? evidently not if they are still giving classes in Goldendale
or are gun ranges considered private property, not a public place
or are you talking about an Oregonian strutting around in Washington at Safeway with an open carry AR?
I personally carry my firearms in cases when ever I travel
who know what's in the case - my Mossberg 12 ga and my AR fit in the same case

and I violate Washington law every time I buy an appliance at Home Depot in Oregon and drive it home
I'm seen in public with an appliance in the back of an open truck, coming from oregon and no one has ever pulled me over
are they checking at Washington gun ranges for Oregon plates? evidently not if they are still giving classes in Goldendale
or are you talking about an Oregonian strutting around in Washington at Safeway with an open carry AR?
my son worked at the Home Depot at Jansen Beach during college
he tells me over 60% of the appliances they sold were loaded into trucks with Washington plate
that's a lot of people violating Washington laws

Tired of reexplaining. Please read my previous posts about how cops use shooting ranges.

No it's not. What if you just purchased the vehicle out of Oregon and have yet to get Washington Plates.

Ore plates is enough.
police have been pulling over Oregon plates seen at Wasbington fireworks sellers for years. if a cop suspects a crime a license 0late can be considered reasonable suspicion.

I think the odds a policeman at a gun club would target an Oregon resident is low.
But it's possible.

Ore plates is enough.
police have been pulling over Oregon plates seen at Wasbington fireworks sellers for years. if a cop suspects a crime a license 0late can be considered reasonable suspicion.

I think the odds a policeman at a gun club would target an Oregon resident is low.
But it's possible.
Low until they are told it's a new metric they will be evaluated on, kind of like the one for fireworks stands

bUt cOpS dOn'T HaVe QuOtAs! ;);)

Ore plates is enough.

But it's possible.
Like 1% possible. Cops won't waist their time.

That's like saying a cops can pull you over after seeing your plate parked at a bar. A lot of assumptions here. Cops worth their weight and who actually do the job won't get involved.

But yes. You could get some power hungry, young cop who didn't get laid that night and wants to take his aggression out on someone.

Why are people so scared of LE?

Ore plates is enough.

But it's possible.
Is buying fireworks in Washington as an Oregonian illegal if you're using those fireworks inside of Washington?

Reasonable suspicion and probable cause are not the same.

Why are people so scared of LE?
Avoiding the predictable smart alikey reply, it's probably because we treat cops like call center workers and require them to always be working and "earning their pay." At some point there is a lack of 'real crime' so they start looking for not really a crime but still sort of a crime so it looks like they are being productive

Avoiding the predictable smart alikey reply, it's probably because we treat cops like call center workers and require them to always be working and "earning their pay." At some point there is a lack of 'real crime' so they start looking for not really a crime but still sort of a crime so it looks like they are being productive
I see it as the exact opposite. There are much more serious crimes that need their attention. The left leaning mayors, police chiefs, and DAs just hinder them from doing their real job. So they focus on petty SHlT cause that's all they can do.

Hell, there aren't enough cops out on the street for me to even stress involvement. Not like I'm out there being an a$$ and trying to get local agencies attention.

Being tactful, respectful and humble goes a long way.

I see it as the exact opposite. There are much more serious crimes that need their attention. The left leaning mayors, police chiefs, and DAs just hinder them from doing their real job. So they focus on petty SHlT cause that's all they can do.

Hell, there aren't enough cops out on the street for me to even stress involvement. Not like I'm out there being an a$$ and trying to get local agencies attention.

Being tactful, respectful and humble goes a long way.
This may end up being my most used cut-n-paste response :s0114:

Yeah, I can't figure out how to respond to that without getting further into the weeds with "non firearm political" content

No it's not. What if you just purchased the vehicle out of Oregon and have yet to get Washington Plates.
I didn't say it was proof of guilt, but would be enough for the police to ask for your ID. That's what probable cause is - reason to investigate.

If you have an AR and Oregon plates AND refuse to present you WA ID, where do you think that is going to go? "Okay, have a good one!" They might wait for a warrant, but if they run your plate and saw your rifle, pull up your ID picture, etc. What is going to be thrown out if you are actually breaking the law?

Redic.

I would say that busting AR imports is a petty bubblegum crime, don't forget that tangent to the defund movement in liberal strongholds is replacing conservative cops with liberal cops.

Everytime one of these laws is passed lots of discussion ends up with "shall not comply" typically because the risk is so low or it might be perceived as unenforceable.

I think the better way to discuss these things is just saying "Im willing to take the chance".

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top