JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It was not fully blocked, it was fully passed, on the books and then temporarily enjoined while the lawsuits progressed through the courts. That is a status that a single judge could overturn in a moment, and if that were to have happened then 114 would have gone into effect immediately, with no protection for sales that happened even moments after the judicial order was signed and leaving even paid-and-shipped orders in a very legal gray zone (and easily arguable that they were outright illegal as "possession" is rarely defined as "your package is in the mail"). The companies that were selling to Oregon before the permanent injunction were taking a huge legal risk and counting on the judge overseeing the case to not reverse his temporary enjoinment, which was an act of faith no matter how you try to slice it.

Even now there is still some legal risk, as the appeal is not complete yet. If the appeal goes before the wrong judge they could reinstate the law (again, effective immediately) and then let the case proceed under the assumption that it is legal until a final ruling (for or against). I would not be surprised to see more risk averse businesses reinstate a shipping prohibition if/when the appeal is actually put before a court, and I would not hold it against them if they did.
There you go again using logic.

It was not fully blocked, it was fully passed, on the books and then temporarily enjoined while the lawsuits progressed through the courts. That is a status that a single judge could overturn in a moment, and if that were to have happened then 114 would have gone into effect immediately, with no protection for sales that happened even moments after the judicial order was signed and leaving even paid-and-shipped orders in a very legal gray zone (and easily arguable that they were outright illegal as "possession" is rarely defined as "your package is in the mail"). The companies that were selling to Oregon before the permanent injunction were taking a huge legal risk and counting on the judge overseeing the case to not reverse his temporary enjoinment, which was an act of faith no matter how you try to slice it.

Even now there is still some legal risk, as the appeal is not complete yet. If the appeal goes before the wrong judge they could reinstate the law (again, effective immediately) and then let the case proceed under the assumption that it is legal until a final ruling (for or against). I would not be surprised to see more risk averse businesses reinstate a shipping prohibition if/when the appeal is actually put before a court, and I would not hold it against them if they did.
It's called lawfare.

It's called lawfare.
Yep, and when the State does it they can still win even if they eventually lose. If your business goes bust while fighting in court winning that legal victory will not help you a whole lot. As I said, I really do appreciate the businesses that took on the risk to keep shipping us "contraband," but I do not and will not hold it against those that put things like "staging in business and out of the courts" as their top priority.

I wonder if this is why I have not received my Taurus TX22 rebates yet.
They were to send my 3 - 13 round magazines and a range bag.
Supposed to take 4-8 weeks.

I am now at 14 weeks waiting to see if they are going to send them.

I wonder if this is why I have not received my Taurus TX22 rebates yet.
They were to send my 3 - 13 round magazines and a range bag.
Supposed to take 4-8 weeks.

I am now at 14 weeks waiting to see if they are going to send them.
It's Taurus. Their CS is notoriously bad and always has been. If I were you I'd be happy I even got the gun lol.

Midway refused the sale of 9 round 9mm 1911 mags to me this weekend. I contacted customer service and got "Thank you for your email. With the ever changing laws we are trying to be the most compliant as possible. Our team believes that this item could be considered non-compliant now or very soon due to laws in the works. We are very sorry for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding." I was later emailed a survey on hw the interaction with CS rated. Not very high. They lost a $300 sale over the three mags included in my attempted order.

Midway refused the sale of 9 round 9mm 1911 mags to me this weekend. I contacted customer service and got "Thank you for your email. With the ever changing laws we are trying to be the most compliant as possible. Our team believes that this item could be considered non-compliant now or very soon due to laws in the works. We are very sorry for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding." I was later emailed a survey on hw the interaction with CS rated. Not very high. They lost a $300 sale over the three mags included in my attempted order.
Woah , that is an interesting development- they blocked sales early on, but then finally later changed their policy and were allowing orders- my most recent from them shipped no problem on Dec 25th, standard capacity AR mags. That is wild that not only blocking, but for a 9 round mag. Wonder what/why . . .

Sure enough- i just tested it with one of the mags I ordered and received from Midway just a month ago. Would not let me check out with it in my cart. Unreal.
IMG_4060.jpeg

Sure enough- i just tested it with one of the mags I ordered and received from Midway just a month ago. Would not let me check out with it in my cart. Unreal.
View attachment 1816599
Did the appeal get scheduled and I missed it? Or are they just preempting it in case they forget? Until all appeals are exhausted or the state decides to let the appeals expire we are not out of the woods, and risk-averse businesses will have a legitimate reason to forgo shipping to us. Like I said before all it takes is one judge's order and the law goes into immediate effect with zero grace period for even hearing about the new status, let alone canceling orders and recalling packages in flight.

And if the state gets nasty they will sue you while the law is in effect regardless of it's challenged status in the courts, and best case you can get a judge to add you as a party to the existing case. Worst case you have to go at it alone on a new fresh case and simply hope the law gets overturned fast so your case can be mooted.

So I had a chat with a small FFL in another smaller state. They told me they are relying on their local ATF field office for advice on which states are OK to ship to and which ones are on the "might cause problems for you" list. It seems the ATF still has Oregon on the list of contraband states. This is why some FFls/suppliers will still not ship to Oregon. I am not sure what it will take for the ATF to decide it is OK to ship here again, but for the places that are relying on ATF advice this is as likely as any other to be the source of shipping prohibitions. It's not like it would be a great idea to openly flout the directives of the agency in charge of licensing your business when you have directly asked them for guidance. Companies that do decide to ship may be getting advice from their own private attorneys instead of going to the ATF.

Interesting development tonight- went to place an order from Tombstone Tactical out of Arizona, for some 15-22 25 round mags. Thought I may as well throw in a couple of Prodigy mags becuase they had them in stock. Added some 17 rounders, no problem. Went to add a 26 rounder as they had a decent price on them, and it would not let me, stating that the 26 rounders could not be sent to Oregon. Removed the 26 rounders, and the rest of the order went through no problem. Guessing that the 26 round mag was maybe coming from a different distributor, who isnt shipping to Oregon. I didnt really need the 26 rounder anyways, but it was interesting to see this happening. Crazy times right now.

Edited to add- i have bought standard cap mags from several other companies this week, with no problems. Midwayusa, TaurusUSA, Arms of America, Grabagun, and even Staccato themselves, all which have shipped no problems.

Read on potato book about oregon shooters not being able to order standard cap mags from psa, magpul ctd etc.
I tested psa and my order went through.
Just fyi

Ok...
I just spoke with PSA and was informed that psa has no shipping restrictions on standard cap mags to Oregon. Third party restrictions are out if thier hands and handled by the distributors. She told
me I had to contact them direct to find out why. So I did.
According to psa, they have only 2 distributors, Fort South and of course RSR.
I called them both.
Fort South basically told me to pound sand and psa could call them and they can request changes or info.
Rsr on the other hand was very cool and while would not comment officially did say that if I walked into a local shop here in Oregon they wouldn't have any issues ordering standard cap mags.

Anyone know if HK is still refusing to ship to Oregon? Last update I see in this thread is from a couple months ago when the permanent injunction was newer. I see I get a $200 credit at their web store if I buy a pistol, so hoping they've come to their senses.

Anyone know if HK is still refusing to ship to Oregon? Last update I see in this thread is from a couple months ago when the permanent injunction was newer. I see I get a $200 credit at their web store if I buy a pistol, so hoping they've come to their senses.
Try and see.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top