JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I didn't say it was proof of guilt, but would be enough for the police to ask for your ID. That's what probable cause is - reason to investigate.

If you have an AR and Oregon plates AND refuse to present you WA ID, where do you think that is going to go? "Okay, have a good one!" They might wait for a warrant, but if they run your plate and saw your rifle, pull up your ID picture, etc. What is going to be thrown out if you are actually breaking the law?

Redic.
do you live in Washington?
my family has been driving Oregon vehicles up to our place in Clark Co for over 24 years
NEVER NEVER had any vehicle pulled over for Oregon plates
and NEVER been ask about firearms in our vehicles
now we are not foolish enough to put an AR in the gun rack of any of our trucks
so how would a Clark Co LE know we have an AR in any of our Oregon registered vehicles?

my family has been driving Oregon vehicles up to our place in Clark Co for over 24 years
so how would a Clark Co LE know we have an AR in any of our Oregon registered vehicles?
OK, let me qualify
my daughter has a size 40D bra
she has NEVER been asked about firearms in her Oregon register car in Clark Co, Wa

This is getting tiresome. You're not reading what I wrote.

You take your AR to a public WA gun range. An off duty cop is there as well. This is not unusual - many cops like to shoot guns. I know several.

As you both leave, he notes that the guy shooting the AR is getting into a car with OR plates, so he walks up and talks to you. After he doesn't like the way you're answering, he respectfully asks for your ID, which you are obliged to give if you are about to operate a car. At that point, your illegal AR is going to be found out, no matter what you say or refuse to say.

I did not suggest you would be pulled over.

how is this tiresome?
I don't agree with you
you don't agree with me
you are never going convert me to your mindset
that's human communication
if you don't agree with my postings - don't respond
I say something about getting caught at the range, you object that you don't get pulled over. Huh?

This isn't a difference of opinion. You seem to be replying to some other conversation.

I say something about getting caught at the range, you object that you don't get pulled over. Huh?

This isn't a difference of opinion. You seem to be replying to some other conversation.
it doesn't matter
we are both on this forum, but have different points of view
as do many on this forum
as long as you enjoy your lifestyle, as i do, we should just banter on our different outlooks on life

it doesn't matter
we are both on this forum, but have different points of view
as do many on this forum
as long as you enjoy your lifestyle, as i do, we should just banter on our different outlooks on life
This is what I mean. This isn't a viewpoint thing. I say something about hats, you reply like we're talking about shoes.

I like the English Pit, it was my "go-to" and I've met a lot of other Oregon shooters there, a few from this forum.
They frequently host LEO training sessions and even when they're not, there are frequently marked cars parked in the opposite car park.
Whilst I doubt that they would make a point of stopping your Oregon plated car leaving the range for sh1ts and giggles, it doesn't mean that you couldn't cross paths with a WA LEO having a crappy day or under pressure to meet some quotas. So for me just bolt actions and 10 round mags...

I caught these on a trolling charter Sunday.
1000013737.jpg

I'm sure that is a useful definition for commerce, but the two gun bans exist to prevent mass shootings. So having an exception that allows you to bring AWs in to the state if you plan to leave the same day of your planned school shooting seems unlikely.
Don't spread the crap about how it stops mass shootings. They said that back in the 1986 mg ban and 1996 rifle ban.
I used to believe it in high school but it's extremely clear that anything you agree to ban means they can now funnel even more resources to banning the next accessory, part, gun, or ammo. It will never end and if you keep giving away free victories they will then throw millions of lobbying dollars and hit you in the fudd gonads region because you tore down all of your own gun barriers in a island hopping campaign.

I don't give a rat's bubblegum about polymer 80 diy guns but I will always vote no and make it heard that I am against all gun restrictions because gun rights hasn't had any victories in gaining rights. All we've had were defensive victories that prevented us from losing more rights than we've already lost like in the bruen case. Me saying no means anti gun lobbyists need to waste more money on gun topics that I view as a political barrier to the guns I care about the most.

Don't spread the crap about how it stops mass shootings. They said that back in the 1986 mg ban and 1996 rifle ban.
I used to believe it in high school but it's extremely clear that anything you agree to ban means they can now funnel even more resources to banning the next accessory, part, gun, or ammo. It will never end and if you keep giving away free victories they will then throw millions of lobbying dollars and hit you in the fudd gonads region because you tore down all of your own gun barriers in a island hopping campaign.

I don't give a rat's bubblegum about polymer 80 diy guns but I will always vote no and make it heard that I am against all gun restrictions because gun rights hasn't had any victories in gaining rights. All we've had were defensive victories that prevented us from losing more rights than we've already lost like in the bruen case. Me saying no means anti gun lobbyists need to waste more money on gun topics that I view as a political barrier to the guns I care about the most.
As a further point you can't stop mass killings by banning guns. Yes, there is a small statistical possibility (not even a certainty) that large scale gun banning can reduce "gun deaths" like mass shootings. But that same data set indicates that banning guns leads to a statistically more significant possibility that less guns means more deaths over all (including other kinds of mass killings). The tautology "no guns = no gun deaths" has some validity in the statistical record, but we must remember that that equation is not equivalent to "no guns = no deaths" as the gun banners would have you believe.

When I talk to gun banners who are using terms/metrics like "gun death" I like to ask them "do you consider your policy a success if it leads to less people dying by gun, but more people dying over all? What if the total statistics, not just the 'gun death' statistics that ignore death by other means like knife or beatings, indicate that this is the actual trend we see in reality?" You then get to watch them twist themselves into logical pretzels trying to explain why those other kinds of deaths do not count and should not be considered as a factor in gun policy decision. You probably will not change the gun banners mind, but I have had comments from other readers say that those conversations changed theirs. . .

He was being sarcastic

They wouldn't unless you were waving it out the window

The argument that more guns = more gun deaths only holds true if guns themselves are responsible for the shootings. Since they are not it can't hold true and its a human problem. Putting efforts to solve that problem, I would support.

The lack of formal firearms education. The glorification of guns in Hollywood and games (where problems are solved by guns) and the lack of consequences by the courts, are a good place to focus over another pointless gun law.

No.

You would be both illegally importing high capacity magazines and an assault rifle.
This is incorrect. Legally, you are allowed to take your magazines and rifle into WA for personal use as long as you leave with them. However, all it takes is one cop to charge you with "intent to import" to find yourself in court. Then all it takes is one gun-hating judge to get you convicted. Not to mention you would never get your guns back.

Personally, I won't go to EP anymore. Sad, because it's a fun, relaxing place to shoot, and Mike the owner and primary operator is a friendly guy that is serious about safety.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top