JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It DID happen in the 70's too.

Too busy right now, but I have specifc memories of DRIVING a Jeep Grand Cherokee that had been abandonded, shot up and restored by the father of the guitar player in my first band.

When dad took us into the woods in the mid to late 70's he was always armed.

And we are from Chicago!

:s0140:
I used to have a neighbor that had many, many large snakes. They'd turn the heat up open the cages &
leave for the day; you could see 3-4 foot Pythons slithering across their window sills. No, I never had
a problem with it. In fact I've found snakes to be quite tasty when someone offered me fried Rattle Snake.
L.B.
Omg is there no emoji that throws up? When I open the emojis it's like a crazy daycare center!:s0140: Ewe snakes

I'm not going to say anything except that there seems to be the possibilty that these people were "brought" here and murdered given that nobody would second guess hearing gun fire out there since it is a commonly used gun range. Hopefully somebody saw something or noticed something that will surface at a later date so that justice can be served.

If so, their dog came with them and remained unharmed. The whole deal is quite odd, especially since the police (on TV) said that people in the area shouldn't be worried.

The whole deal is quite odd, especially since the police (on TV) said that people in the area shouldn't be worried.
Saw this as well in an online Oregonian report:
Detectives are seeking tips — and following up on existing ones — in efforts to identify a suspect or suspects, Mendoza said. There's no known danger to the public.
It would seem to me IF it were in fact a homicide, with suspects still on the loose, the authorities would not try to assure the public there is no danger or to not be worried.
But then there is this:
Mendoza told KOIN 6 News there is no suspect at this time but it is correct to say that whoever killed Rickerd and Merchant remains at large.
Who knows?

Sounds like maybe they know more than they are letting on? Perhaps?
This goes without saying - but its OK providing they are keeping quiet due to a possible suspect identified but not apprehended yet, or seriously 'egregious' information about what happened that cannot be revealed due to the potential of compromising the investigation.

If I was an attractive female I wouldn't go out shooting in the woods alone. Or hiking alone in the woods either sadly. At least when hiking nobody hears your activity from a mile and comes to snoop. Good reason to shoot using suppressors.

:s0140:
Omg is there no emoji that throws up? When I open the emojis it's like a crazy daycare center!:s0140: Ewe snakes
Here's one that I keep bookmarked... thought we used to have one here though.
svomit_100-104.gif

I can see bad coming from quite a ways out.
I was about to post something similar.
While watching a news vid about this on the 'net I realized how thick the woods are around the area and how easy it would be to 'hide' - and fairly close to actual pit area - which I looked at it on Google maps and could easily see how thick the area is on the satellite image.
Around me the areas are relatively open and I can see things coming fairly easily.

This story made me think of that one also. Not sure that I ever saw the news of the capture and conviction of the freaks that committed the crime in 1996. The link you provided was appreciated and nice closure to that story. Great to see the quote from the Dep District Atty that I knew many years ago (clarification: knew on a personal basis!): "I call it the merciless begging for mercy," said Deputy District Attorney Bill Williams

I hope they catch them soon .there are alot of people going into the woods this time of year for various reasons thinking they are safe being out of the urban jungle.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top