JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's not paranoia if it really can happen. Paranoia is worrying about something that probably wont happen. If you have a concealed carry license, and you carry, are you paranoid? Or are you using common sense and being prepared for the worst?
I personally will always prefer to carry and never use it. But I sure don't want to not carry and wish I had it when that once in a lifetime instance happened.
Paranoid people are those that live to tell the tale; as I say " All the stupid ones die young..."

L.B.

So unfortunate for this to happen. I'm curious how prepared they were. When I'm shooting outdoors, I am always carrying on my person, but being aware of my surroundings could prove tough in larger areas, especially because I use double ear protection. I am approached almost every time I go to an outdoor shooting area for everything from asking if I need help or just small talk. I've been lucky to not have any issues, but realize I really need to be more vigilant.

So unfortunate for this to happen. I'm curious how prepared they were. When I'm shooting outdoors, I am always carrying on my person, but being aware of my surroundings could prove tough in larger areas, especially because I use double ear protection. I am approached almost every time I go to an outdoor shooting area for everything from asking if I need help or just small talk. I've been lucky to not have any issues, but realize I really need to be more vigilant.
Strongly recommend going with a buddy.
Sadly, there are plenty of bottom feeders out there....we pick up their trash on every trip.

Get some electronic ear pro.

Sounds like a lot of guessing going on here so far. I think I'll wait for the official report to come out.

Get some electronic ear pro.

I never regretted getting electronic ear protection. It's so reasonably priced these days, and it makes talking and hearing other sound so much easier to hear. I'd never shoot with anything else after using my electronic muffs.

Holy cow. I've shot there before. It doesn't say how they died. Could have been a murder suicide? Kind of scary. I'm like Yvette and go out shooting by myself. Actually quite a bit. One time I forgot to keep some spare ammo and this scary creature slithered behind me:
View attachment 608375

I don't shoot at that spot anymore!!!!! I'd like to know how the couple died. Whoever finds out, post it please. Thanks...
I think you'd hate my yard. There's a few snakes in the garden, few under the patio, and under the shed. o_O

If you have windows on the door or beside your door I suggest you remove, paint or frost them. Seeing you with your own gun in your own home is now a justifiable reason to kill you.
Knock on my door at 3:00am and (1) I am not going to back light myself, and (2) I'll be looking to see who is on the porch from some other visual access point.

Nothing good ever happens after midnight and especially between the hours of 2:30-4:30am...I know this experientially.

Its not hard to meet people to go shooting with. Even if you are anti social like me. Just watch for posts of people talking about the same type of shooting as you. Tactical, plinking, handguns, long range. Etc. That are in your area, and send them a PM. Be direct and honest and maybe meet up for a beer and see if you get along before heading out innawoods. I have met about 7 guys on here that like to shoot like me and they have all been great and I have learned a lot from them.

We are all here for the same reasons.

I think you'd hate my yard. There's a few snakes in the garden, few under the patio, and under the shed. o_O
I used to have a neighbor that had many, many large snakes. They'd turn the heat up open the cages &
leave for the day; you could see 3-4 foot Pythons slithering across their window sills. No, I never had
a problem with it. In fact I've found snakes to be quite tasty when someone offered me fried Rattle Snake.
L.B.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top