JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sadly a LOT of gun owners are stamping their feet about dealers who will not sell here in WA anymore. Saying they know the law and the dealers are just wrong. Since they have nothing to lose its easy to tell those who own a business they should still sell them what they want. Easy to sit at a keyboard and tell others to risk everything. Especially when they start in on how they are legal experts. 🤬
I wish the dealers who over-comply good luck staying in business. It was probably time to clear out some of the deadwood anyways.

Has anybody been to Ranier Arms in the last week? They have all the evil parts still listed for sale on their website but evidently won't sell them to their own neighbors. I am wondering how they are getting the parts into WA without violating the law they believe prohibits them from selling to neighbors? Is there a carve out in HB1240 for WA retailers to import and export parts, that they claim are illegal to sell to WA residents?

Edit: I found the potential carve out for Ranier Arms. If they are a licensed firearms manufacturer this would apply to them. This carve out is, no doubt, what allows Aero to continue with their business. Carve out in bold.

(a) The manufacture, importation, distribution, offer for sale, or sale of an assault weapon by a licensed firearms manufacturer for the purposes of sale to any branch of the armed forces of the United States or the state of Washington, or to any law enforcement agency for use by that agency or its employees for law enforcement purposes,
or to a person who does not reside in this state

The only carve out for dealers is to buy an assault weapon from an individual and sell it to somebody out of state.

(c) The distribution, offer for sale, or sale of an assault weapon to or by a dealer that is properly licensed under federal and state law where the dealer acquires the assault weapon from an individual legally authorized to possess or transfer the assault weapon for the purpose of selling or transferring the assault weapon to a person who does not reside in this state. The purpose of this section is to allow individuals who no longer wish to own an assault weapon to sell their assault weapon and is not intended to allow Washington dealers to purchase assault weapons wholesale for the purpose of selling a stock or inventory of assault weapons online or
in person to nonresidents

Last Edited:
If assault weapons are so evil and dangerous why did legislators allow manufacturing of them to continue in the State. It's almost like China cracking down on drug use at home but letting manufacturing of the drugs continue as long as they are shipped elsewhere.

Has anybody been to Ranier Arms in the last week? They have all the evil parts still listed for sale on their website but evidently won't sell them to their own neighbors. I am wondering how they are getting the parts into WA without violating the law they believe prohibits them from selling to neighbors? Is there a carve out in HB1240 for WA retailers to import and export parts, that they claim are illegal to sell to WA residents?
All of Rainiers distribution is done out of their Kansas facility. They moved online fulfillment out of the state prior to passage of 5078 AND 1240. John saw the writing on the wall.

PSA won't ship an AK trigger group to WA. I told them I would be happy to spend my money elsewhere and I did. I am not really blaming them but a company that large should have a legal dept that stays on top of all the new bs laws.

PSA won't ship an AK trigger group to WA. I told them I would be happy to spend my money elsewhere and I did. I am not really blaming them but a company that large should have a legal dept that stays on top of all the new bs laws.
PSA does a lot of drop shipping from 3rd party companies. A lot of the time if there is something that is legal but PSA wont ship its most likely due to a 3rd party refusing to ship not PSA themselves. They honestly seem to have the best grasp on state laws when compared to just about every other company

Well it seems that if you don't have any receivers you can buy all the parts you like because they can't be assembled into a firearm let alone an assault weapon.

Even sideshow Bob would have a hard time building a case for constructive possession without a receiver.

Then there is the already have an assault weapon in caliber x . If a kit or parts are purchased for caliber y, z, or other they wouldn't be used to convert or assemble an assault weapon because it already is.

Now if someone stocked up on receivers before the ban and acquires
"conversion kits and parts that can be used to assemble an assault weapon or convert a firearm into an assault weapon, if the parts are in the possession of or under the control of the same person."
Then you're boned.

Question is, who wants to be the test case?
You get it.

"Well it seems that if you don't have any receivers you can buy all the parts you like because they can't be assembled into a firearm let alone an assault weapon."

This is the correct interpretation. You can't assemble an assault weapon without a frame or receiver.

Edit: Could somebody make an assault weapon from a Glock 17? Sure they could. Cut a few threads on to the barrel and whammo you have an assault weapon with no other parts necessary.

Could somebody make an assault weapon with only a threaded barrel and no other parts? Not likely unless you are a huge MacGyver fan.

The retailers could use the box test when deciding whether to ship parts to WA or not. If only the parts in the shipped box can be assembled into an assault weapon, don't ship.

If only the parts in the box cannot be assembled into an assault weapon (except by MacGyver on TV), then ship them.

I realize the box test won't happen often because 99% of us want to over-comply and further restrict ourselves to gain favor with Bobby and his gun grabbing comrades.

Last Edited:
You get it.

"Well it seems that if you don't have any receivers you can buy all the parts you like because they can't be assembled into a firearm let alone an assault weapon."

This is the correct interpretation. You can't assemble an assault weapon without a frame or receiver.

Edit: Could somebody make an assault weapon from a Glock 17? Sure they could. Cut a few threads on to the barrel and whammo you have an assault weapon with no other parts necessary.

Could somebody make an assault weapon with only a threaded barrel and no other parts? Not likely unless you are a huge MacGyver fan.

The retailers could use the box test when deciding whether to ship parts to WA or not. If only the parts in the shipped box can be assembled into an assault weapon, don't ship.

If only the parts in the box cannot be assembled into an assault weapon (except by MacGyver on TV), then ship them.

I realize the box test won't happen often because 99% of us want to over-comply and further restrict ourselves to gain favor with Bobby and his gun grabbing comrades.
Sadly again there is the "law" and then there is the "real world" we live in. A LOT of places are afraid of our AG for damn good reason. If he decides to go after someone they may well win in court but at what cost? How long would it take them to recoup the lost money spent on lawyers? So to the people in WA stomping their feet remember, a LOT of us did this too ourselves.

Sadly again there is the "law" and then there is the "real world" we live in. A LOT of places are afraid of our AG for damn good reason. If he decides to go after someone they may well win in court but at what cost? How long would it take them to recoup the lost money spent on lawyers? So to the people in WA stomping their feet remember, a LOT of us did this too ourselves.
But mostly the bubblegumers in King County.

But mostly the bubblegumers in King County.
Remember I1639 and Sporting Systems. A LOT of people want to blame King County for this mess. Just remember we could not get enough people to bother to pick up a pen and sign the petition. This is why King Co can do the kind of damage it does. Too many gun owners can't be bothered to do something as simple as cast a ballot or sign a petition. They sure know how to complain though.

Remember I1639 and Sporting Systems. A LOT of people want to blame King County for this mess. Just remember we could not get enough people to bother to pick up a pen and sign the petition. This is why King Co can do the kind of damage it does. Too many gun owners can't be bothered to do something as simple as cast a ballot or sign a petition. They sure know how to complain though.
So much this. If we want to beat Seattle and Tacoma, we ALL have to show up and speak with ONE voice. If you will not show up and fight at the ballot box, you forfeit any cred to gripe.

SHOW UP OR SHUT UP!

Thank you, seems like ages ago. You are spot on, the gun community is on the sidelines, sitting on their hands. This session, FFLs and citizens, alike are expressing their defeatism with their silence. Sad state of affairs.

Um, it's not an either-or, it's an AND. King County would cheat even harder even if we DID all stand up in one voice across the entire rest of the state, it's just that every one of you who sits on your hands is one less "phantom vote" they have to create from thin air.

I know someone who went through a bankruptcy and the lawyer specifically asked about any owned firearms and the value of said firearms but under current law you would not be aloud to sell them so the value was said to be zero

Thank you, seems like ages ago. You are spot on, the gun community is on the sidelines, sitting on their hands. This session, FFLs and citizens, alike are expressing their defeatism with their silence. Sad state of affairs.
King County has 29% of the entire population of Washington and is 75% Democrat
even if every Conservative and member of the gun community voted you still would not gain any ground up there

You may not make a difference in every district, buy you can overall. Don't know about the stats in Washington but I'd bet they're similar to Oregon. Only 60 to 65% of conservatives bother to vote. We lost the house by 4,200 votes last election. It wasn't Democrats that beat us, it was conservatives with their heads up their butts not voting or voting for independents.

We would even be able to whip the RINOS if we had enough conservatives, but that's not where we are today. If we get the majority, we can cull the herd at that time, but for now, we don't have that luxury.

You may not make a difference in every district, buy you can overall. Don't know about the stats in Washington but I'd bet they're similar to Oregon. Only 60 to 65% of conservatives bother to vote. We lost the house by 4,200 votes last election. It wasn't Democrats that beat us, it was conservatives with their heads up their butts not voting or voting for independents.

We would even be able to whip the RINOS if we had enough conservatives, but that's not where we are today. If we get the majority, we can cull the herd at that time, but for now, we don't have that luxury.
HALF the GOP Precinct Captain/PCO seats in the country are EMPTY because nobody is willing to SACK UP, talk to their neighbors to get their votes, and invest like ONE EFFING NIGHT A MONTH to attend County Party meetings and throw out the RINO Party officers. Invade like a cancer the way Commies did the Dems and flip enough Counties, and we can start having a say in running the State Party, and starting to curb the Junior Coalition Partner RINOs. (Pro Tip, look for anyone who's associated with Aspen Institute - it's a Soros front-group that present WSRP leadership requires as a "ticket to get in." Those are the ones we need to purge.)

Let me drop one quote here that anyone NOT a Leftist needs to understand, embrace, internalize and roll up sleeves getting to work on.

"There is no shame in going out fighting and getting your a** kicked. But there is no HONOR in refusing to fight at all!"
--Mark Calaway, "The Undertaker"

Embrace it, learn it and live it, people!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top