JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's an unflattering picture of Hadesty.
886257-3b90f224d76c0cd01ec2c1e50b5ccffd.jpg
Is there any other kind?

My neighbor and I were joking about that very thing today. Unless people are $h!tting themselves uncontrollably as a vaccine or virus side effect…..
I walked by the TP aisle at Target in Sherwood and it is CLEANED OUT.
I chose to start losing weight right when the pandemic started. I lost 30# in 6mo. I joke that I ran out of food and lost weight, but my TP supply was great!

You_cant_handle.jpg

BUT.....the "EXPERTS" think they know why.

Yeah......note what isn't mentioned.

Aloha, Mark

View attachment 1052946

BUT.....the "EXPERTS" think they know why.

Yeah......note what isn't mentioned.

Aloha, Mark
Diversity!

Thousand shootings ehh, wonder how many of those were black on black gang related or drugs, and one has to wonder how they arrived at those numbers considering how often they don't bother showing up or the multiple callers for each shooting????

I'm thinking the numbers are hyper inflated to push for more gun control, helps that false preachin man Knudson with his I.P.s in the works!

I moved from Memphis because of the crime. I told my friends 20 years ago that Portland will be like Memphis but they said I was wrong. I saw this whole thing coming but they said I was crazy. So Portland welcome to the big leagues, you are now a $hit hole city.

Both Portland and Seattle / Tacoma are aspiring to be the next Chicago

Thousand shootings ehh, wonder how many of those were black on black gang related or drugs, and one has to wonder how they arrived at those numbers considering how often they don't bother showing up or the multiple callers for each shooting????

I'm thinking the numbers are hyper inflated to push for more gun control, helps that false preachin man Knudson with his I.P.s in the works!
Numbers are not hyper inflated. Likely quite the opposite as explained in first post. I would estimate conservatively 1800-2000 shootings so far based on reported shootings but actual number is probably higher than that if u account for unreported ones. So the 1000 is probably very low imo and may represent ones they actually showed up at, collected casings. etc.

But as a comparison from year to year that 1000 is probably a good measure as long as they used the same methodology for 2020, 2019 numbers.

Just as an example I looked at police blotter just now and I count 28 shootings in the last 24 hours. 20 of those r probably legit and separate shootings (conservative guesstimate). So if we use a very conservative estimate of 7 shootings per day (I normally see 7-15 per day roughly) then 289 days x 7 = 2023 shootings.

In-laws came up this weekend. ( They live in the Portland area )
This topic and a few others came up....due to various reasons...I am usually silent on such matters , mostly 'cause Its more peaceful and less awkward if I don't give my thoughts on certain matters.
I did try to put forth some of my thoughts / experiences and the like...but...to no avail.

in any event , in course of the so-called conversation here are some things that I found worth considering :

Whether the numbers are accurate on not..."1000" is the one that was bandied about and remembered....

All gun owners were lumped in with the criminals doing the shooting....

Many fallacies regarding firearms , the legal means of buying firearms , and just what bullets do , were stated....

What I am getting at here is that no matter the truth of the matter or what are actual firearm facts...
It was the 'talking points" from the news / media / some sort of media personality that were held as truths...
Not actual experience , facts or even firearm laws.

Not that any of the above is a news flash for most here...
Just pointing out what is heard and accepted...may not actually be factual in basis...but still carries more influence with people.

Perception is often of greater importance or influence than facts or actual experience.
Andy

Last Edited:
In-laws came up this weekend. ( They live in the Portland area )
This topic and a few others came up....due to various reasons...I am usually silent on such matters , mostly 'cause Its more peaceful and less awkward if I don't give my thoughts on certain matters.
I did try to put forth some of my thoughts / experiences and the like...but...to no avail.

in any event , in course of the so-called conversation here are some things that I found worth considering :

Whether the numbers are accurate on not..."1000" is the one that was bandied about and remembered....

All gun owners were lumped in with the criminals doing the shooting....

Many fallacies regarding firearms , the legal means of buying firearms , and just what bullets do , were stated....

What I am getting at here is that no matter the truth of the matter or what are actual firearm facts...
It was the 'talking points" from the news / media / some sort of media personality that were held as truths...
Not actual experience , facts or even firearm laws.

Not that any of the above is a news flash for most here...
Just pointing out what is heard and accepted...may not actually be factual in basis...but still carries more influence with people.

Perception is often of greater importance or influence than facts or actual experience.
Andy
The liberal media has discovered that if you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes the truth.

They'll get there. They just have to govern harder. :rolleyes:

I've been looking around for a chart and finding one political rambling after another. These were the top ten for murders per 100,000 as of January:

1. St. Louis, MO
  2. Baltimore, MD
  3. Detroit, MI
  4. Dayton, OH
  5. Baton Rouge, LA
  6. New Orleans, LA
  7. Kansas City, MO
  8. Memphis, TN
  9. Cleveland, OH
  10. Richmond, VA

Source: https://www.roadsnacks.net/murder-capitals-of-america/
So what this suggests is the violent offenders who choose to use firearms in Portland, lack any ability to aim whatsoever? That's a win in my book.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top