JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I should clarify further, whatever long gun is in my hands at the time, is loaded. The other mags are in my pack.
I tried to have the girlfriend pack the mini with a 40rd mag in it the whole time on a 14 mile hike, she didnt make it very far....ended up back on my pack with my M1A in my arms the whole hike.....

I should clarify further, whatever long gun is in my hands at the time, is loaded. The other mags are in my pack.
I tried to have the girlfriend pack the mini with a 40rd mag in it the whole time on a 14 mile hike, she didnt make it very far....ended up back on my pack with my M1A in my arms the whole hike.....

Good workout!

S&W 69 44 Mag.
dirty 44.jpg

My usual woods rifle be it hunting or hiking is my .54 Hawken Rifle Copy...
I carry often enough to feel naked if I don't have it in my hand when out and about...and trust me , no one wants to see a naked Andy...:eek::D
Andy

Generally a single six with the first two rounds loaded with snake shot. Already killed one rattler this spring on the property.

The next 4 rounds are cci mini mags; good enough to piss off a two legged critter before I run ;)

Generally and depending on the time of year or what I'm doing I rotate my woods guns. Always the glock with a mag of 200gr gold dots and a mag of underwoods. Then for long guns its either a marlin 1894 .44mag, a Howa 1500 .223, a 10/22, or an Ar of some flavor.

I live in the woods. They're all woods guns. :s0078:

Ditto. We live on forested acreage.

I don't have the time to hunt any more, though hope too some time. However, when working in the forest, I've been finding myself carrying along one of the lighter lever-actions. One of these three amigos:

amigos.jpg
(Winchester 94 in .30/30, Rossi 92 in .44 Magnum, suppressed Marlin 1894 CST in .357 Magnum)

Or the (duly registered) 12-gauge Lupara:

521083-6e4f9e19fd4145f61bb89905b4beb31b.jpg

If one means handguns, it depends. On my property, a full-sized revolver (Model 29) in .44 Magnum. Hiking elsewhere, a concealed snubbie in .357 Magnum (Taurus 605) loaded with .38 Special +P.

Growing up and riding horses 20+ miles a day in the woods for most of my youth in Idaho, I usually just had a Ruger Single-Six on my hip loaded with CCI Stingers with another 30 or so in my pocket. And a Buck Folding Hunter on my belt. Never needed anything more.

This is me 30+ years ago and you can see that Ruger on my hip...

scannedpics.JPG

Couple of years ago on a Mounted Posse trail ride and I'm rocking the Glock G29 in a Bianchi military holster...

10400804_10152340461424217_8399356268192230524_n.jpg

Growing up and riding horses 20+ miles a day in the woods for most of my youth in Idaho, I usually just had a Ruger Single-Six on my hip loaded with CCI Stingers with another 30 or so in my pocket. And a Buck Folding Hunter on my belt. Never needed anything more.

This is me 30+ years ago and you can see that Ruger on my hip...

View attachment 575606

Couple of years ago on a Mounted Posse trail ride and I'm rocking the Glock G29 in a Bianchi military holster...

View attachment 575603

I don't always like what you say, but a man on his horse with a sidearm? Yeah, gotta like it! :)

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top